#5 for our spunky/literary family

Hey guys!
It’s me [name]Jac[/name], i’m new here but thought i would enlist you guys in helping us find a name for our 5th baby, yes thats right number FIVE! We never thought this would happen, but hey take what is handed to you right?! So let me give you a little background info:

• My name is formally [name]Jacqueline[/name] [name]Kay[/name], always gone by [name]Jac[/name] though, and the hubz is [name]Fitz[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]. Our last name is [name]Gardner[/name].
  • He is an english prof, I’m in the fashion business, which definitely has an impact on the naming of our gaggle of kids!
  • We love to travel, and don’t plan on letting having 5 crazy kids stop us from exploring the world together as a family.
  • We have a spunky five year old named [name]Tallulah[/name] [name]Daisy[/name] “[name]Lulu[/name]” - [name]Tallulah[/name] for its playfulness and [name]Daisy[/name] after [name]Daisy[/name] [name]Buchanan[/name] from The Great [name]Gatsby[/name].
  • Our second daughter is the cutsie [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]India[/name] “[name]Bea[/name]” - [name]Beatrix[/name] after Ms. [name]Potter[/name], and [name]India[/name] for its uniqueness (and for being our honeymoon destination!)
  • Our 3rd pregnancy was an unexpected set of boy/girl twins. We had our 3rd daughter, [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Bronte[/name] “[name]Juni[/name]” - [name]Bronte[/name] after [name]Emily[/name] [name]Bronte[/name], and [name]Juniper[/name] yet again for its spunky playfulness. Then [name]Fitz[/name] finally got his boy, named [name]Hawthorne[/name] Wilde “[name]Hawk[/name]”, [name]Hawthorne[/name] after [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Hawthorne[/name], and Wilde typically after [name]Oscar[/name] Wilde…I let him go to town with his literary names with the boy.

So, to sum it all up we’ve got our [name]Lulu[/name], [name]Bea[/name], [name]Juni[/name] and [name]Hawk[/name]. Phew…whenever I list all of them I feel like I’m an auctioneer!

We need your help in coming up with a name for this single baby! (yes, only one this time , thankfully!)

Some ideas running through our heads are:

[name]Willoughby[/name]
[name]Wolfgang[/name] - after Virgina [name]Woolf[/name]
[name]Montgomery[/name] - after [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Maude[/name] Montogmery
Paddington - after the classic bear! 100% only as middle though! I’m secretly loving this name though, despite how cutesy it is.
[name]Rhett[/name] - from GWTW - too boring though?
[name]Finch[/name] - after [name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Archibald[/name] - The uncle in The [name]Secret[/name] Garden. This is my top choice at the moment. “[name]Archie[/name]”
[name]Gatsby[/name] - only as middle

[name]Summer[/name] - [name]Fitz[/name] and mine’s top choice.
[name]Sunday[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
Temperly
[name]Luella[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name] - after the New [name]York[/name] City spy
Carraway - after [name]Nick[/name] from [name]Gatsby[/name], nickname [name]Cara[/name]?
[name]Lennox[/name] - after [name]Mary[/name] [name]Lennox[/name], main girl in The [name]Secret[/name] Garden. One of my favorite books.
Pixie - only as middle

what are your thoughts on these names so far. Any combos? Any other suggestions? Thanks ahead for the feedback.
PS: We can take criticism, lay it on us!

My favorites would be [name]Montgomery[/name], [name]Archibald[/name], and [name]Harriet[/name]. [name]Monty[/name], [name]Archie[/name], or [name]Hattie[/name] would all fit really well with your kids.

[name]Willoughby[/name] - It’s fine. I’m just thinking that it might get shortened to [name]Willow[/name], an accepted girls’ name.
[name]Wolfgang[/name] - This is a guilty pleasure of mine, but it might be a little TOO out there.
[name]Montgomery[/name] - This is fine, but do you like the nickname [name]Monty[/name]? It sounds very old man to me.
Paddington - This is okay. I’m just concerned about putting “pad” on a boy…
[name]Rhett[/name] - I agree, this one lacks charm.
[name]Finch[/name] - I just don’t have a good feeling about this one. Probably because he’s nasty in [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name].
[name]Archibald[/name] - This one isn’t so bad. I like the nn [name]Archie[/name]!
[name]Gatsby[/name] - I guess it’s fine if you use it as a middle.

[name]Summer[/name] - Very cute!
[name]Sunday[/name] - You know what, I didn’t like this at first, but now I think it’s absolutely beautiful. Especially if you pair it with an elegant, classic middle name.
[name]Willow[/name] - I like this one. Nice and nature-y, up-and-coming but not too common yet. It has a nice soft sway to it.
Temperly - I just don’t like it. The “temper” part throws me off.
[name]Luella[/name] - So cute! Although, you already have your [name]Tallulah[/name] nn [name]Lula[/name]… (Gorgeous name by the way, one of my favorites!)
[name]Harriet[/name] - I love this! Especially the nn [name]Hattie[/name].
Carraway - I’m not so hot on this one. It sounds like “carried away” and is too surname-y.
[name]Lennox[/name] - Would work better for a boy. Or why don’t you just name her [name]Mary[/name] [name]Lennox[/name]? The name [name]Mary[/name] is so beautiful.
Pixie - I would stay away from this. Reminds me of Tinkerbell and other things that are prone to teasing.

I’ll come back with some suggestions later! Good luck!

[name]Jac[/name],

I totally love your kids’ names! [name]Tallulah[/name] [name]Daisy[/name] is simply divine, [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]India[/name] is the perfect mix of sweet and elegant, [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Bronte[/name] is the epitome of hipster cool, and [name]Hawthorne[/name] Wilde is so literary chic! I love it!

Congrats on [name]Baby[/name] #5! Let’s look at your list:

[name]Willoughby[/name] - I love a good [name]Austen[/name] name, but [name]Will[/name] is a little plain as far as nicknames go for your family, yes?
[name]Wolfgang[/name] - I think the [name]Mozart[/name] connection is far stronger than Ms. [name]Woolf[/name], but it is a cool name.
[name]Montgomery[/name] - [name]Montgomery[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] sounds like a law firm. I’m not feeling it.
Paddington - God, I love Paddington [name]Bear[/name]! But, yes, it’s so cutesy it has to be a middle name. Not great flow…
[name]Rhett[/name] - Not too boring, but [name]Rhett[/name] is a little bit serious for you all, I think.
[name]Finch[/name] - Why not [name]Atticus[/name]? I like that better, especially with a brother called “[name]Hawk[/name].”
[name]Archibald[/name] - I love [name]Archie[/name], too, but I think [name]Archibald[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] is just too much.
[name]Gatsby[/name] - You’ve already done [name]Gatsby[/name], though! I’d let [name]Daisy[/name] be special all on her own…

So, my first literary thought is [name]Archer[/name], for [name]Newland[/name] [name]Archer[/name] in [name]Wharton[/name]'s The Age of Innocence - it’s basically my favorite. [name]Archer[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] feels less pretentious than [name]Archibald[/name] [name]Harrison[/name], to me, yet it still gives you “[name]Archie[/name]” as a nickname. [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name] has a plethora of cool surnames to choose from, and my favorites for you are Benwick (Persuasion), Dashwood (Sense and Sensibility), and [name]Fitzwilliam[/name] (Pride and Prejudice) - I think [name]Benji[/name] would be a cool nickname for Benwick, but Dashwood “[name]Dash[/name]” is my favorite, for sure. [name]Fitzwilliam[/name] would be a cool literary name to honor your husband, too - a middle name, of course! My latest literary name obsession is [name]Amory[/name], for [name]Amory[/name] [name]Blaine[/name] in F. [name]Scott[/name] [name]Fitzgerald[/name]'s This Side of Paradise. Actually, I love the sound of [name]Tallulah[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Juniper[/name], [name]Hawthorne[/name], and [name]Amory[/name]! Really neat. I don’t know what you would call him, but Mory - like [name]Maury[/name], I suppose - could work, or maybe he could be an initials kind of guy (i.e., A.J. - [name]Amory[/name] [name]Jasper[/name] or something).

I think [name]Amory[/name] [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] “A.J.,” Dashwood [name]Lennox[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] “[name]Dash[/name],” [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Fitzwilliam[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] “[name]Ace[/name],” or [name]Wolfgang[/name] [name]Basil[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] “Wolfy” would be perfect for a boy.

[name]Summer[/name] - This feels a little lackluster and dated, to be honest. I’m not feeling the spark!
[name]Sunday[/name] - Eh, it’s pretty. But, [name]Sunday[/name] is a fairly recent celebrity baby, so it doesn’t feel as special…
[name]Willow[/name] - With [name]Juniper[/name] and [name]Hawthorne[/name], it’s a little too much nature for my taste. Pretty, though!
Temperly - Hm. I’ve not heard of this. [name]Temperance[/name], maybe?
[name]Luella[/name] - Too similar to [name]Tallulah[/name], for sure. Sorry!
[name]Harriet[/name] - Oh, yea, [name]Harriet[/name] the Spy! [name]Harriet[/name] is so serious to me, though. [name]Harriet[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]? Um. [name]Don[/name]'t love it!
Carraway - Again, you’ve already done [name]Gatsby[/name], and I also think of a caraway seed. Ha! [name]Love[/name] the name, though.
[name]Lennox[/name] - Isn’t that book charming? But, I think [name]Lennox[/name] is best suited for a boy’s middle name, for sure.
Pixie - It’s just too much. I wouldn’t go that cutesy, to be frank.

Alright, so in trying to think of some literary names you might like, I’m going back to those classic stories of [name]Alice[/name]'s Adventures in Wonderland and [name]Eloise[/name] - [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] would be right at home with [name]Tallulah[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Juniper[/name], and [name]Hawthorne[/name]. [name]Alice[/name] could be [name]Ali[/name] or Lissy, and [name]Eloise[/name] could be [name]Elle[/name] or something. Very sweet! One of my favorites is [name]Gwendolen[/name] ([name]Fairfax[/name]) from Wilde’s The Importance of Being [name]Earnest[/name], but you have used Wilde - it’s okay, though! [name]Briony[/name] would be a fabulous one, although it is nature-focused, too (well, [name]Bryony[/name] is), and I could definitely see [name]Cosette[/name] ([name]Les[/name] Miserables) or [name]Scarlett[/name] (Gone With The Wind) working for you.

I think [name]Alice[/name] Carraway [name]Harrison[/name] “Lissy,” [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Frances[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] “[name]Carly[/name],” [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Briony[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] “[name]Elle[/name],” or [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Summer[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] “[name]Wendy[/name]” would be ideal for a girl!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Tallulah[/name] [name]Daisy[/name] “[name]Lulu[/name]”
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]India[/name] “[name]Bea[/name]”
[name]Juniper[/name] [name]Bronte[/name] “[name]Juni[/name]”
[name]Hawthorne[/name] Wilde "[name]Hawk[/name]

I love your kids’ names.

My favorite from your boys are [name]Willoughby[/name] & [name]Finch[/name]. I also like [name]Rhett[/name], but all your other kids have nicknames and [name]Rhett[/name] wouldn’t have one. [name]Do[/name] you like the name [name]Everett[/name]? Then you could nickname him [name]Rhett[/name].

[name]Everett[/name] [name]Finch[/name] “[name]Rhett[/name]”
[name]Finch[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] “[name]Fin[/name]”
[name]Finch[/name] [name]Willoughby[/name] “[name]Fin[/name]”
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] “[name]Rhett[/name]”
[name]Rhett[/name] [name]Willoughby[/name]
[name]Rhett[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Gatsby[/name] “[name]Rhett[/name]”
[name]Montgomery[/name] [name]Wolf[/name] or [name]Wolfe[/name]
Archibold [name]Wolf/name “[name]Archie[/name]”
[name]Willoughby[/name] [name]Finch[/name] “[name]Wills[/name]”
[name]Willoughby[/name] [name]Rhett[/name] “[name]Wills[/name]”

From your girls, my favorites are [name]Summer[/name], [name]Sunday[/name], & [name]Harriet[/name]. I also love [name]Luella[/name], but I think it is too close to [name]Tallulah[/name] “[name]Lulu[/name]”'s name.

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Holiday[/name]? ([name]Holly[/name] Golightly’s real name in Breakfast at Tiffanys.)

[name]Summer[/name] [name]Lennox[/name] “[name]Sunny[/name], maybe”
[name]Summer[/name] Temperly
[name]Summer[/name] Carraway
[name]Harper[/name] [name]Luella[/name] “[name]Scout[/name]”
[name]Harriet[/name] Pixie “[name]Hattie[/name]”
Carraway [name]Scout[/name] “[name]Cara[/name]”
[name]Luella[/name] Pixie “[name]Elle[/name]”
[name]Lennox[/name] [name]Summer[/name] “[name]Lexi[/name]”
[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Luella[/name] “[name]Sunny[/name]” or “[name]Day[/name]”
[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Lennox[/name]

Good luck!

You guys are totally awesome! So fast!
Triceratops: Yes! [name]Monty[/name], [name]Archie[/name] and [name]Hattie[/name] do fit well with [name]Lulu[/name], [name]Bea[/name], [name]Juni[/name] and [name]Hawk[/name]! Thanks for the feedback!

Nicole_1024: Excited to see your suggestions after hearing your great responses to ALL of the names! Thanks for taking the time! WIth [name]Willoughby[/name], that was my problem too - which is why i put [name]Willow[/name] on the girls list! [name]Wolfgang[/name] is definitley a guilty pleasue of ours too, but I fear having a Wolfie & [name]Hawk[/name] would be a tad ridiculous. Too bad though - awesome name! Never thought of the “pad” association with Paddington - its not that different then having a [name]Patrick[/name] “[name]Patty[/name]” is it though? - especially since it would only be a middle. [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] + [name]Finch[/name] - never thought of that! I think this name is off the list. It’s also a not so nice neighboorhood in my city. [name]Glad[/name] you like [name]Archie[/name]!

Really happy you like [name]Summer[/name] and [name]Sunday[/name]. Only reservation with [name]Sunday[/name], is my wanting to call her [name]Daisy[/name] - which is already [name]Tallulah[/name]'s middle name. “Temper” in temperly throughs me off of it too - however she is an amazing fashion designer. Oh no! You are so right! [name]Lulu[/name] and [name]Luella[/name] are [name]WAY[/name] to close. Dang! Is having 2 'H" names bad? [name]Harriet[/name] & Hawthrone? [name]Hattie[/name] & [name]Hawk[/name]? Uh oh, you are also so right about Carraway - pregnancy brain? I’ve thought about [name]Mary[/name] [name]Lennox[/name] - but I have just never felt [name]Mary[/name] - way too stuffy in my opinion. There was recenetly a TV show on that showed a teenage girl [name]Lennox[/name] which makes me able to see it on a girl. Plus [name]Heidi[/name] Klums [name]Leni[/name] makes the nn that much more fem. Is Pixie really that bad :? I just think of Pixie Geldof anf Pixie [name]Lott[/name] - two fun girls who carry the name well. However in my case would only be a fun middle!!

[name]Lemon[/name]: Wow thanks a ton! But i guess i wasn’t clear enough with or last name! [name]Harrison[/name] is actually [name]Fitz[/name]'s middle name - our last name is [name]Gardner[/name] (which is said remotely in my first post) - maybe that clears up some issues you have with names!
Is [name]Wills[/name] too common as a nn for [name]Willoughby[/name]? I guess compaed to our others it would be hmmm… [name]Just[/name] realised that having a Wolfie & [name]Hawk[/name] isn’t so great! So i unfortunately think [name]Wolfgang[/name] is out :frowning: Middle name potential though!! Is there a less serious name i could use that has the potential nn of [name]Rhett[/name]? I can think of [name]Everett[/name] … but it might be too common still. [name]Montgomery[/name] [name]Gardner[/name]? Still sound like a law firm? Unfort, I think it does!! Thanks for pointing that out! [name]Atticus[/name] is cool - what nick names though? Is [name]Archibald[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] more appealing to you? [name]Love[/name] your suggestion of [name]Archer[/name] - but is it too much -er with [name]Gardner[/name]? With Benwick all i can hear is candle wick, Dashwood is seriously cool! Too much teasing with “wood” though? [name]Amory[/name] is a cool name, but i actually know someone with it which really puts the name off for us.

As for girls, bummed that [name]Summer[/name] is feeling dated! And i just really like the nn [name]Sunny[/name] & [name]Daisy[/name] from [name]SUnday[/name]. My first option would be [name]Daisy[/name] - but its already [name]Tallulah[/name]'s middle! Not loving [name]Temperance[/name], and [name]Luella[/name] is (unfortunately :frowning: ) definitely gone due to its similarity. [name]Harriet[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] is much better the [name]Harriet[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] right? Actually never thought that we could be honoring [name]Fitz[/name] with [name]Harriet[/name]. Cool! [name]Secret[/name] Garden is to die for - which is why i like [name]Lennox[/name] so much! What about with a really fem middle? [name]Lennox[/name] [name]Summer[/name]? [name]Lennox[/name] [name]Willow[/name]? For somer eason i see it as much more fem then masc. Maybe ill have to make Pixie a “honey name” for her - if its too outragous for the actual bc! Loving your suggestions of [name]Alice[/name] “Lissy” and [name]Eloise[/name] - could [name]Eloise[/name] be “[name]Issy[/name]” though? I guess [name]Elle[/name] is just too common. [name]Scarlett[/name] is much to common, but [name]Cosette[/name] is definitely one to think about! [name]Lulu[/name], [name]Bea[/name], [name]Juni[/name], [name]Hawk[/name] and Ette (pn [name]Ettie[/name]), LOVING IT! What about [name]Collette[/name]? Its a to die for store in [name]Paris[/name] - is there some literary tie to it? Ill go ask the hubz! :smiley:

Millikate, jsut saw your post! [name]Don[/name]'t feel left out - here’s what I think!
Thanks for loving our kids names, we do too - which is why this is proving so hard to pick a 5th that we love as much as the rest! I also thought of [name]Everett[/name] nn [name]Rhett[/name] - is it too common compared to [name]Tallulah[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Juniper[/name] and [name]Hawthorne[/name] though? I guess its in the same like of [name]Beatrix[/name] - defs something to consider thanks! Loving [name]Everett[/name] Mongtomery, [name]Archibald[/name] Woolfe, and [name]Willoughby[/name] [name]Rhett[/name]!

[name]Holiday[/name] is ingenious! :slight_smile: Loving it - i’ll have to see what [name]Fitz[/name] says! Also my heart just melted with [name]Summer[/name] [name]Lennox[/name] and [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Lennox[/name]. [name]Sunny[/name] as a nickname of [name]Summer[/name] is also amazing! I has sort of thinking about what her nick name could be - but [name]Sunny[/name] fits the part! [name]Lulu[/name], bea, [name]Juni[/name], [name]Hawk[/name] and [name]Sunny[/name] - rad!

I don’t think [name]Everett[/name] is too common. I think [name]Everett[/name] [name]Gardner[/name]/[name]Rhett[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] is very handsome. I love it. His nickname could also could be [name]Ever[/name] or Evers if you want something more distinctive.

I also like [name]Dashiell[/name] (for [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Hammett[/name]). [name]Dash[/name] would go great with [name]Hawk[/name].

I’m glad you like [name]Holiday[/name] and [name]Sunny[/name]. :slight_smile: You’ll find the perfect name. You did great with the other four and I’m sure you’ll do great with this one too.

I’m not very good at critiquing names but I love giving suggestions. [name]Do[/name] any of these appeal to you?

[name]Augustus[/name]
[name]Heathcliff[/name] ([name]Heath[/name])–Wuthering Hights
[name]Lysander[/name] ([name]Sander[/name])–A Midsummer [name]Night[/name]'s [name]Dream[/name]
[name]Leopold[/name] ([name]Leo[/name])
[name]Phineas[/name] ([name]Finn[/name])
[name]Nicodemus[/name] ([name]Nico[/name])
[name]Alaric[/name]
[name]Ignatius[/name] ([name]Iggy[/name], [name]Nate[/name])
[name]Orion[/name]
[name]Evander[/name] ([name]Van[/name])
[name]Alastair[/name]
[name]Caspian[/name]

[name]Valentina[/name] ([name]Leni[/name])
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] ([name]Genny[/name], Immie)
[name]Ramona[/name] ([name]Remy[/name])
[name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] ([name]Penny[/name], [name]Nell[/name], [name]Lola[/name])
Contessa ([name]Tess[/name])
[name]Clementine[/name] ([name]Cleo[/name], [name]Clem[/name], [name]Emmie[/name])
[name]Wilhelmina[/name] ([name]Willa[/name])
[name]Paloma[/name] ([name]Lola[/name])
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name] ([name]Lola[/name], [name]Didi[/name])
[name]Drusilla[/name] ([name]Dru[/name])

[name]Jac[/name],

Gosh - sorry! I don’t know how I missed that your last name is [name]Gardner[/name]! Anyway…

That definitely improves [name]Harriet[/name] for me, but [name]Harriet[/name] still feels a little serious compared to [name]Tallulah[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Juniper[/name], and [name]Hawthorne[/name]. Plus, as many a [name]Berry[/name] can tell you, I have major issues with two in a multitude of children sharing the same first initial - thus, would you consider [name]Harriet[/name] as a middle name? Great way to get [name]Harriet[/name] the Spy in there while also honoring [name]Fitz[/name]. I know some other people like [name]Lennox[/name] for a girl, too, but with your relatively “femme” names - I do think [name]Juniper[/name] is pretty feminine! - it feels a little out of place. It would make a striking middle name, as [name]Mary[/name] [name]Lennox[/name] is a superb character to honor with a girl’s name! And, I don’t think [name]Summer[/name] or [name]Willow[/name] are nearly feminine enough for [name]Lennox[/name]'s middle name if you went with it - I’m talking [name]Lennox[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] or something! [name]Glad[/name] you love [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name], and they are totally fabulous with [name]Gardner[/name]. Sure, [name]Eloise[/name] could be [name]Issy[/name] - why not? It’s kinda cute, I think! She could also be Easy, but that is totally inappropriate, right? Ha. Okay, [name]Scarlett[/name] is too popular, but [name]Cosette[/name] would be a darn cool alternative, as would be [name]Colette[/name]! I like the single L, myself, but if [name]Collette[/name] is more your style, go for it! If she doesn’t have a literary tie - I can’t think of one at the moment - give her a literary middle name, maybe? [name]Collette[/name] Carraway is cool, and it gives you Cece as a nickname in addition to [name]Ettie[/name] and [name]Lettie[/name]! Better yet, [name]Coco[/name]! [name]Love[/name] it - I think [name]Cosette[/name] or [name]Colette[/name] could be your girl!

Boys! I love [name]Wills[/name] as a nickname for [name]Willoughby[/name], but it still feels slightly bland. I mean, it isn’t, but compared to [name]Hawk[/name], maybe it is. [name]Wolfgang[/name] should totally be included as a middle name option, for sure! I think [name]Everett[/name] is a great name, and [name]Rhett[/name] makes for a fun - but still serious - nickname. [name]Everett[/name] always reminds me of [name]George[/name] [name]Clooney[/name]'s character in O Brother, Where [name]Art[/name] Thou? “[name]Ulysses[/name] [name]Everett[/name] McGill,” played by [name]Clooney[/name], is based on [name]Odysseus[/name] - [name]Ulysses[/name] - so that is an ancient literary tie! [name]Montgomery[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] still feels like a law firm to me - sorry! And, honestly, [name]Archibald[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] isn’t flowing so well to me - could be just me, though! [name]Archer[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] sounds rather silly, though. Bummer! The “wood” in Dashwood isn’t bugging me so much, and I don’t think a little [name]Dash[/name] would be teased - it’s a totally awesome nickname! If you want something a little more serious, but still literary, [name]Dashiell[/name] could be your guy.

[name]Serendipity[/name]: [name]Augustus[/name], [name]Ignatius[/name], [name]Evander[/name], [name]Ophelia[/name], and [name]Clementine[/name] are great! Thanks for the suggestions! Especially loving [name]Ignatius[/name] - [name]Iggy[/name] or [name]Nate[/name] is awesome! [name]Heathcliff[/name] is awsome too, but i fear [name]Heathcliff[/name] and [name]Hawthorne[/name] are really to similar.

[name]Lemon[/name]: I’m completely with you on [name]Harriet[/name] - i think it should stick in the middle. I really [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lennox[/name] - one of my favorite books (and [name]Fitz[/name] has too many to count, it would be cool to honor a character i absolutely love) and i hope to incorporate it some how…but i think it should stick with the girls as it wouldn’t be fun telling a son he’s named after a girl character!! You literally made me laugh out loud with the “Easy” commnet - yeah sorry, not letting my daughter be called that haha! - made me think maybe [name]Issy[/name] is to close to Easy. Maybe Loie/Lowie is a better nn for [name]Eloise[/name] then. Is [name]Lula[/name] & Lowie too close? [name]Kinda[/name]. hmph. [name]Colette[/name]/[name]Cosette[/name] are serious contenders. I am seriously DYING for the nickname [name]Coco[/name]. (ahem [name]Chanel[/name] + a literary tie? too perfect!!! :!: :!: ) Am I being to much of a drama queen when i say my heart skipped a beat thinking of adding a “[name]Coco[/name]” to [name]Lulu[/name], [name]Bea[/name], [name]Juni[/name], and [name]Hawk[/name] :lol:

[name]Just[/name] came across the nickname [name]Wilkie[/name] for a [name]William[/name]/[name]Willoughby[/name] - kinda amazing (plus SJP has a [name]Wilkie[/name]). Cool [name]Everett[/name] reminder! Also, not loving [name]Dashiell[/name], but Dashwood is still on the list.

Also made a new list of names the Fitzy-man and I found that have potential:
[name]Balthazar[/name] - from [name]Romeo[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Bartholomew[/name]
[name]Bartlett[/name]
[name]Clifford[/name] - the big red dog though…literary but maybe not the exact literature we want
[name]Sawyer[/name] - too common?
[name]Benedict[/name] - from Much [name]Ado[/name] About Nothing
[name]Clemency[/name] - From [name]Charles[/name] Dickens - really hate [name]Clem[/name] though. Cici is dang cute.
[name]Honoria[/name] - [name]Fitzgerald[/name] and Dickens both use this name. Double score! Plus the nn [name]Honey[/name] is to die for. Another H though…
[name]Ophelia[/name] - too tragic?
Boleyn - don’t know how well this would work - love the idea of it though
[name]Blanche[/name] - middle only
Somerset - a twist on [name]Summer[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] - from Taming of the Shrew - great middle name potential.

Got me thinking of :
[name]Colette[/name] [name]Viola[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] “[name]Coco[/name]”
[name]Cosette[/name] [name]Viola[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] “[name]Coco[/name]”
[name]Cosette[/name] Boleyn [name]Gardner[/name] “[name]Coco[/name]”
[name]Lennox[/name] [name]Honoria[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] “[name]Honey[/name]”
[name]Clemency[/name] [name]Lennox[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] “Cici:
[name]Willoughby[/name] [name]Balthazar[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] “[name]Wilkie[/name]”
[name]Bartlett[/name] [name]Ignatius[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] “[name]Art[/name]”
[name]Everett[/name] Paddington [name]Gardner[/name] " [name]Rhett[/name]”

HELP, TOO MANY OPTIONS!!! Drowning in names!

[name]Jac[/name],

No, I don’t find [name]Issy[/name] to be too close to Easy, myself, but I prefer [name]Elle[/name] or Lo, even though Lo is close to [name]Lula[/name], I suppose. I don’t think [name]Elle[/name] is that popular, actually, but Loie is cute! A little close to [name]Lula[/name], but oh well. Then I thought you could name her [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Lennox[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] and call her [name]Eleni[/name]! But, that’s kind of a long nickname. Hm. And, [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Lennox[/name] isn’t my favorite - hm, what about [name]Elsa[/name] for a nickname? [name]Elsie[/name]? Those could work! But, I don’t think you’re being too much of a drama queen when you said that your heart skipped a beat with [name]Coco[/name] - mine might have, too. I love the fashion connection for you, too! You know, [name]Colette[/name] links to literature through French novelist [name]Sidonie[/name]-[name]Gabrielle[/name] [name]Colette[/name], most famous for her novel [name]Gigi[/name], which was adapted into a stage performance featuring [name]Audrey[/name] Hepburn in 1951 - so, that’s cool, right? I can’t decide if I prefer [name]Cosette[/name] or [name]Colette[/name]. [name]Tallulah[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Juniper[/name], [name]Hawthorne[/name], and [name]Cosette[/name]. [name]Tallulah[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Juniper[/name], [name]Hawthorne[/name], and [name]Colette[/name]. Maybe I like [name]Colette[/name] more because it is less similar to cassette? I have no clue! Either way, [name]Coco[/name] is fabulous!

I actually knew a kid in grade and high school who went by [name]Wilkie[/name] - his middle name was [name]Wilkinson[/name]. I think [name]Wilkie[/name] works well with your kids’ names, though it does have some similar elements to [name]Hawk[/name]. Okay, so [name]Everett[/name] and Dashwood are still contenders, I see, and I noticed you liked [name]Ignatius[/name] above. A very neat name!

I’d like to comment on your new list, if you don’t mind:

[name]Balthazar[/name] - This name sounds very dark and mysterious to me, which seems ill-fitting of your family’s fun feel. Also, maybe I’m weird, but this always reminds me of the Three Wise Men ([name]Melchior[/name], [name]Caspar[/name], and [name]Balthasar[/name])!

[name]Bartholomew[/name] - This name is really neat, and [name]Bart[/name]‘s a nice nickname, but it feels more Colonial than I’d expect with your kids’ names. Also, it’s got a B initial, like [name]Beatrix[/name]. Does that bug you?

[name]Bartlett[/name] - I’m sorry, but the first thing I thought of was a [name]Bartlett[/name] pear. Isn’t that weird?

[name]Clifford[/name] - I like [name]Cliff[/name] and [name]Ford[/name], but this isn’t exactly on par with The Great [name]Gatsby[/name], [name]Hawthorne[/name], or Wilde. Hm…

[name]Sawyer[/name] - It’s getting pretty common, especially for girls. What about [name]Huckleberry[/name] in the middle spot?

[name]Benedict[/name] - [name]Benji[/name]? [name]Love[/name] that nickname. It’s not as unusual as [name]Hawthorne[/name], but it’s cool. Again, the B initial. Sorry, but that drives me nuts! But, it’s your baby, not mine.

[name]Clemency[/name] - I didn’t know if this was a girl or boy! Um, [name]Cleo[/name] would work, too, as a nickname, but I don’t know about the meaning of this virtue name. Makes me think of a pardon or forgiveness of a crime, which is less than stellar.

[name]Honoria[/name] - [name]Honey[/name] is too cute! But, yes, another H name. If you only had a [name]Beatrix[/name], I’d love this one!

[name]Ophelia[/name] - A little bit tragic, but I love the flounce of this name. [name]Fifi[/name]? Fi? [name]Lia[/name]? A little similar to [name]Tallulah[/name], but that’s like a little, tiny bit similar. I like.

Boleyn - I’m all about English history, but [name]Anne[/name] wasn’t the best, now was she? I’m big on [name]Bo[/name] today, though. Another B, name, however, and [name]Bo[/name] and [name]Bea[/name] are very close, and [name]Lyn[/name]'s rather dated…

[name]Blanche[/name] - Makes me think of blanching, as in cooking, or to blanche, as in becoming pale. Rather unappealing associates in my opinion. Sorry!

Somerset - I’m feeling it, but I was kind of feeling it for a boy. It’s very place-name-y…

MORE LATER! Sorry, there was a fire alarm, but I’m back now!

[name]Viola[/name] - Yes, a great Shakespearean name. I love it as a middle name with [name]Gardner[/name]. It’s feminine and flouncy but still strong. I wouldn’t use it as a first name with [name]Juniper[/name] and [name]Hawthorne[/name], but I love it for a middle. Good pick!

YOUR FIRST AND MIDDLE PAIRS:

[name]Colette[/name] [name]Viola[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] “[name]Coco[/name]” - I like this very much!
[name]Cosette[/name] [name]Viola[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] “[name]Coco[/name]” - Pretty, but I explained why I liked [name]Colette[/name] more above.
[name]Cosette[/name] Boleyn [name]Gardner[/name] “[name]Coco[/name]” - I’m still wary of the Boleyn name, to be honest. I wouldn’t use it.
[name]Lennox[/name] [name]Honoria[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] “[name]Honey[/name]” - I like the sound of this, but she feels like an odd sister to [name]Tallulah[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name], and [name]Juniper[/name]! Sorry.
[name]Clemency[/name] [name]Lennox[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] “Cici” - [name]Love[/name] Cece or [name]Cleo[/name], but not so much [name]Clemency[/name]. This isn’t very feminine, either.
[name]Willoughby[/name] [name]Balthazar[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] “[name]Wilkie[/name]” - Great nickname, but this is a lot of name. I like it, though…
[name]Bartlett[/name] [name]Ignatius[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] “[name]Art[/name]” - I can’t get over the [name]Bartlett[/name] Pear association, silly as it is. Plus, another B!
[name]Everett[/name] Paddington [name]Gardner[/name] " [name]Rhett[/name]" - It might be my favorite, but I don’t know. Paddington is so cute!

Alright, alright. Let me see what I’d put together for you:

[name]Colette[/name] [name]Briony[/name] [name]Gardner[/name]
[name]Colette[/name] [name]Jessamy[/name] [name]Gardner[/name]
[name]Colette[/name] [name]Honoria[/name] [name]Gardner[/name]
[name]Colette[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] - [name]Favorite[/name]! Natural [name]Coco[/name] nickname, plus [name]King[/name] Lear and [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Maud[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name]!
[name]Colette[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Gardner[/name]

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Briony[/name] [name]Gardner[/name]
- Nature and literature in [name]Briony[/name], plus a really cool vintage name!
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Alcott[/name] [name]Gardner[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Romilly[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] - I love [name]Eloise[/name] followed by “y” name, and [name]Romilly[/name] is fun. Right?
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Viola[/name] [name]Gardner[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Clemence[/name] [name]Gardner[/name]

Dashwood [name]Huckleberry[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] - I think [name]Huckleberry[/name] is so cool!
Dashwood Somerset [name]Gardner[/name]
Dashwood [name]Bartholomew[/name] [name]Gardner[/name]
Dashwood [name]Ignatius[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] - A very handsome name, I think.
Dashwood [name]Eliot[/name] [name]Gardner[/name]

[name]Everett[/name] [name]Willoughby[/name] [name]Gardner[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Fitzwilliam[/name] [name]Gardner[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Austen[/name] [name]Gardner[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] - So, you can’t use [name]Lennox[/name] for a girl, but you can use [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Maud[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name]? Ha!

[name]Willoughby[/name] [name]Fitzgerald[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] - I love F. [name]Scott[/name] [name]Fitzgerald[/name]. So do you all, apparently!
[name]Willoughby[/name] [name]Everett[/name] [name]Gardner[/name]
[name]Willoughby[/name] [name]Lennox[/name] [name]Gardner[/name]
[name]Willoughby[/name] [name]Auden[/name] [name]Gardner[/name]

And, then I just thought of Bradstreet, for [name]Anne[/name]. Is that too weird? Bradstreet [name]Gardner[/name]? [name]Brad[/name]? [name]Brady[/name]? I think it’s kind of neat! Bradstreet [name]Ignatius[/name] [name]Gardner[/name], Bradstreet [name]Bartholomew[/name] [name]Gardner[/name], Bradstreet [name]Fitzwilliam[/name] [name]Gardner[/name], Bradstreet Fenimore [name]Gardner[/name]? [name]James[/name] Fenimore [name]Cooper[/name] is cool!

I really like [name]Summer[/name] [name]Lennox[/name] for a girl. Good luck!

[name]Lovely[/name] names! I adore literary names :slight_smile:
[name]Just[/name] to add my two cents - [name]Colette[/name] had a brilliant literary connection with the French authoress [name]Sidonie[/name]-[name]Gabrielle[/name] [name]Colette[/name] who used the pen name [name]Colette[/name]. She’s quite a famous (and rather brilliant, in my opinion) 19th/20th cent writer, who you might know from the 1950’s musical [name]Gigi[/name] which is based on her novella of the same name. Her story ‘[name]Cheri[/name]’ was recently adapted into a film last year (I think) starring [name]Rupert[/name] (another awesome name) [name]Friend[/name] and [name]Michelle[/name] [name]Pfeiffer[/name] which you might have seen?
Anyway congratulations and best of luck!

[name]Hi[/name]! I love all your childrens’ names! My favorites for you…

[name]Summer[/name] [name]Lennox[/name] for a girl, and [name]Willoughby[/name] [name]Fitzgerald[/name] for a boy!
Or how about [name]Henry[/name] [name]Fitzgerald[/name] for a boy, as [name]Henry[/name] has great literary connections? :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] your kids’ names!!! Really awesome, and they go so well together too! So I can imagine the stress of coming up with the perfect fifth!

From your girls’ list I love [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Lennox[/name], [name]Sunny[/name]!! If you would wanna go with [name]Lennox[/name] as a first, which I think you could, how about [name]Lenny[/name] for a nickname? I like it sooo much, one of my favorite names is [name]Helena[/name], nn [name]Lenny[/name]!

I’m not totally crazy about any of your boys’ names but I like both [name]Atticus[/name] and [name]Finch[/name]. [name]Wolfgang[/name] totally cool as a middle!

If you don’t mind, a couple more suggestions:

boys:
[name]Amos[/name]
[name]Arvid[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] - I love [name]Felix[/name], but you might find it too common?
[name]Elliot[/name] - my favorite boys’ name
[name]Castor[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] (also a Shakesperian name!)
[name]Linus[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Dante[/name]

Girls:
[name]Edith[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Autumn[/name] (way cooler than [name]Summer[/name], but fairly common)
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Blue[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] (nn [name]Tillie[/name]?)
Skout (love this, might be a little too adventurous…)
[name]Sage[/name]
[name]Ana[/name]”s
[name]Doutzen[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]

Excited to hear if you like any of these!!

I love all your names and the options! The only other suggestion I have is [name]Tennyson[/name].
Good luck!

Have you thought about [name]Eulalie[/name] for a girl? It’s the name of a sweet poem by [name]Edgar[/name] [name]Allan[/name] [name]Poe[/name]. The nickname “[name]Lolly[/name]” has always been one of my favorites, and I think it would go so well with your brood! [name]Love[/name] the names you have chosen – adorable! Good luck!

I have to respectfully disagree with a previous poster - I think [name]Lennox[/name] is totally fem! I can’t even imagine a boy with this name. Since you already like Carraway, I think [name]Lennox[/name] Carraway [name]Gardner[/name] is lovely. I also love [name]Lennox[/name] [name]Annabell[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] (which has ties to the great [name]Edgar[/name] [name]Allen[/name] [name]Poe[/name]'s work - [name]Annabell[/name] [name]Lee[/name]). Nn [name]Len[/name] or [name]Leni[/name]? Whatever name you choose will be great - Congratulations!

I love your kids names too!

WIth the connection to The [name]Secret[/name] Garden, I just wanted to add the idea of [name]Lilias[/name], [name]Archibald[/name]'s late wife who was the original creator of the garden. [name]Lilias[/name] [name]Cosette[/name] sounds nice, but I can’t think of a nickname that wouldn’t be too close to [name]Lulu[/name]. Maybe it would work better as a middle name…