5 weeks to go and still looking for the perfect name...

So I had posted before and thought I had come up with a good name, but I’m still uncertain. Here is the short list, which I am not totally sold on. Looking for opinions, suggestions.
(Note: Middle name is most likely going to be [name]Rose[/name] as it was the first name of DH’s mother, my grandmother, and his great grandmother. So although I know a lot of people think it’s overdone that will be the mn unless we really don’t like the way it sounds with the first name, which was the case with [name]Naomi[/name]. [name]Pearl[/name] is the backup middle name (after DH’s grandmother))

[name]Leah[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

My current thoughts:
[name]Leah[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is still the favorite of my husband. And my mother. And pretty much everyone that I know [name]IRL[/name] except for me. I guess to me the name just doesn’t seem special, even though it’s pretty. I’m a little worried about it being kind of trendy right now.

[name]Naomi[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] was the first alternative we came up with. What I like about it is that it’s still a very traditional name, but somewhat unique. It strikes that balance of not being super popular, but not being too out there. I still like it, but am not sure that it’s “the one” :slight_smile: .

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is the new contender. And I know [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is [name]Heath[/name] Ledger’s daughter, only found that out after the fact, but that doesn’t bother me. My worry about [name]Matilda[/name] is that here in the US it’s still seen as a clunky old lady name and I don’t want to saddle my daughter with a name that is seen as old and ugly. But, seeing the popularity of the name in the UK/Australia makes me have hope that it could work for a little girl. What I like about it is it seems spunkier than our other name choices, I like that it’s again somewhat unique but a name people will know, and I like the nickname potential. Again, I feel like most people [name]IRL[/name] are not huge fans of this name. My mom compared it to someone she met with a young daughter named [name]Gladys[/name]…

Other names I considered that got vetoed: [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Lydia[/name]

Of all of them, I think [name]Leah[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is the best. I just don’t like the name [name]Pearl[/name], nor [name]Matilda[/name]. However, [name]Matilda[/name] does lend itself to great nicknames - [name]Mattie[/name], [name]Tillie[/name], [name]Lida[/name].

Of the vetoed names, [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is beautiful (I like it better than [name]Leah[/name] [name]Rose[/name]).

I like [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Rose[/name] the best. I think it would be wonderful to meet a little [name]Matilda[/name]. She would have such a cool namesake in [name]Roald[/name] Dahl’s’s character! And as someone else mentioned, there are lots of great nn possibilities if she feels like [name]Matilda[/name] is too much.
As for your other choices… [name]Leah[/name] (although I like the [name]Lea[/name] spelling better) [name]Rose[/name] feels too expected to me. [name]Both[/name] [name]Naomi[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name] are NMS. Good luck with your choice!

I do think [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] would be a better alternative to [name]Leah[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. It still has a similar sound, but has more of an interesting quality to me. Though I wonder if it’s kind of on the frilly girly side. And it got vetoed haha so I guess I shouldn’t really consider it anyway.

my thoughts exactly! also wanted to add that I love [name]Naomi[/name] and think [name]Naomi[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is nice.

Of your choices, my favorite is [name]Naomi[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]. You could also mix and match, and go with [name]Leah[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] - I think that’s quite pretty, and a bit more distinctive than [name]Leah[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. I don’t really care for [name]Matilda[/name]. All the best! :slight_smile:

I have a 20 month old [name]Matilda[/name] and I get so many compliments on her name. We call her [name]Tillie[/name] sometimes, and people just love that, too. She is named after my great-grandma who was [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (my daughter is [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Ann[/name]). Anyway, it’s a great name for a little girl, and not clunky or weird at all.

It’s nice to hear about a real life little [name]Matilda[/name]. It’s really starting to grow on me. [name]Just[/name] hoping for a name that sticks and I don’t end up changing my mind about in a week!

[name]Naomi[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is absolutely beautiful.