5th Graders thoughts on names!

So my sister found my list of potential middle names for my son and asked if she could bring it to school with her. I let her of course thinking maybe shed show her friends or something, and I guess she went around her class and did a poll on which was their favorite! It was super sweet of her I think and what they said actually surprised me.

Heres my list and what they said (I had written the meanings next to the names)

[name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_m]Stone[/name_m] - “[name_m]Stone[/name_m]? Like a rock?” 1 vote
[name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_f]Doe[/name_f] - 1 vote
[name_u]Sage[/name_u] Elzar - “Elzar? Thats a cool name, I wish my name was Elzar” “[name_u]Sage[/name_u] and I have the same favorite!” “Like a magician” 6 votes
[name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] - “Is [name_u]Sage[/name_u] a boy or a girl? I think [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is a girls name but it could be for boys too” “Was he born in [name_u]Winter[/name_u]?” 3 votes
[name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] - “Nahh” “He wasnt even a twin!” ([name_m]Thomas[/name_m] means twin) 0 votes(!?)
[name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] - 1 vote
[name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] - 2 votes
[name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_m]Phillip[/name_m] - “What does [name_m]Phillip[/name_m] mean? (loves horses) Yeah never mind change mine to [name_m]Edward[/name_m]. That means Guardian” 0 votes
[name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_m]Hubert[/name_m] - girl proceeds to write a ton of tallies next to this “I think [name_m]Hubert[/name_m] fits his personality” 4 votes

So Elzar won, which I think is the most unique, and the more normal ones were (for the most part) shut down! I thought it was so funny to hear their opinions. Makes me wonder if the next generation’s naming style will be more out there! What do you think?

Personally, I love [name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]. But I find this really interesting. If my sister had taken my name list to school, she would have, for the majority, laughed at it. But now I’m interested in asking kids about it… I mean, the first things adults usually do when they hear a name is try to think of a celebrity or someone in history, then say “They’ll be reminded of (say the name’s [name_f]Demi[/name_f]) [name_f]Demi[/name_f] Lovato all their life!” but a kid might say “I like that name because it’s pretty” regardless of anything else.