6 weeks to go...need help finalizing a name!

Hello again! 6 more weeks until our baby is due. I’ve posted a few times before, trying to narrow down our list of names. I have been trying to come up with a girls name that I love for quite some time. For years I have thought that my daughter’s name would be [name]Ava[/name]. However, that has changed since [name]Ava[/name] is now sooo popular (but still so beautiful too!). So after many lists of names, I think my husband and I have narrowed it down to three possibilities:

[name]Anna[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Francis[/name] ([name]Francis[/name] is our last name- not a second middle name)
[name]Marin[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Francis[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Francis[/name]

I like them all, just not sure which one is “the one.” We don’t know the gender of the baby- so I might not even need a girls name. Which name gets your vote?

Thanks for your help! I appreciate any thoughts/suggestions!

I definitely say [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Francis[/name]. Not too common but not weird either…and I think it balances out the [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Francis[/name] the best.

I like [name]Anna[/name] the best. Not too big of a fan of [name]Marin[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name], sorry.

Another vote for classic [name]Anna[/name] :slight_smile: It’s a beautiful name, and definitely sounds best with your last name.

It’s great to see you again! :slight_smile:

[name]Anna[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Francis[/name]: I definitely prefer the classic [name]Anna[/name] to [name]Marin[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name], but to my ear, [name]Anna[/name] [name]Francis[/name] sounds repetitive/rhymey (I hear [name]Ann[/name]/[name]Fran[/name]). Hmm… Maybe it’s just me. I’m still voting for [name]Anna[/name], though, and love it with your classic first name as a last name. :slight_smile:

Have you thought about [name]Annabel[/name]/[name]Annabelle[/name]? It wouldn’t work with [name]Elizabeth[/name] in the middle, but I thought I’d suggest it.

[name]Marin[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Francis[/name]: I do think [name]Marin[/name] is really pretty, but [name]Marin[/name] [name]Frances[/name] doesn’t sound like the best combo to me.

[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Francis[/name]: [name]Rowan[/name]‘s not my personal style, but I do see its appeal. I think [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Francis[/name] actually sounds really nice (it’s [name]Brooke[/name] Shields’ daughter’s name). I’m still going to vote for the timeless, feminine [name]Anna[/name], though. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure how important it is to you that your future children’s names match in style and gender identification with this baby’s name, but if you choose a unisex name like [name]Rowan[/name] now, your future daughters will need to have unisex names, too, lest it appear that [name]Rowan[/name] is a boy and a femininely named sister is the only girl. Granted, this may not bother you, but I think it’s something to consider.

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

With the last name [name]Frances[/name] I like:
[name]Annabel[/name], thanks [name]Jill[/name]!
[name]Winifred[/name]
[name]Vivika[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Madelena[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Jessamyn[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Sidonie[/name]
[name]Mariana[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]

[name]Anna[/name] is classic and gorgeous. Good luck!

I think they are all lovely. Why don’t you wait and see A) if its a girl and B) what you think the child seems like. You don’t have to have the name written in stone when you deliver, just let your new little one guide you a little bit. They all sound great and would work.

I like [name]Anna[/name] best :slight_smile:

I love [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Francis[/name]!

I vote for [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Francis[/name]! It flows nicely and has a great ring to it.

First choice: [name]Rowan[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] this! Big fan of this name, unfortunately hubby isn’t! :slight_smile:
Second choice: [name]Marin[/name] - Other unique one that’s grounded in tradition. Great sound and she won’t have a million other [name]Marin[/name]'s in her class!
Third choice: [name]Ann[/name] - Classic and traditional, but just too “plain” when compared to your other choices!

Good luck!

I agree with called_herself_lil. When I went to give birth to [name]Sonja[/name] (my oldest), I hadn’t chosen yet between [name]Sonja[/name], [name]Ingrid[/name], or [name]Freja[/name]. But when I held her in my arms and whispered “my little [name]Sonja[/name]”, it just sounded right. Before that day, though, I thought each name would fit and sounded great. If you like all three, I wouldn’t worry about it now.

Of you three choices, I like [name]Marin[/name] the best and [name]Anna[/name] second. I don’t know if I am too picky, but one of my thoughts was that [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Francis[/name] both sound like they could be 1st or last names (ie [name]Francis[/name] [name]Rowan[/name] - [name]Francis[/name], [name]Rowan[/name] etc). If thats not a consideration, like the poster says above, just wait until the birth and try all three then. Good [name]Luck[/name]!

Thank you to everyone who has replied! I do like the idea of waiting until the baby has arrived to make the final choice. The only problem is that I tend to be a very indecisive person so I could see myself having a hard time trying to decide when I’m in the hospital. I worry that we’ll end up coming home with “[name]Baby[/name] Girl” because she won’t have a name!
I love the name [name]Rowan[/name], but then I think the other posters are right in saying that any future daughter I have will also need a unisex name. I also like the name [name]Marin[/name], but not sure if there is a nickname that would work. Plus whenever I mention that name to other people, they don’t ever seem to like it. I know that shouldn’t matter, but I guess it does bother me a bit. Lastly, I feel like [name]Anna[/name] is a ‘safe choice.’ It’s a beautiful name, but sometimes I feel like it’s too simple.

I appreciate everyone’s input and suggestions. I never realized how difficult this would be! I’ve always known that if I had a boy, his name would be [name]Liam[/name]- why can’t I find a girls name that I feel the same way about?

I’m feeling indecisive too! It’s hard picking the one perfect name when there are a bunch that you like for different reasons. I know you’ll find something!

I’m hearing you say you like [name]Rowan[/name] but are concerned with the unisex quality of the name. [name]How[/name] about [name]Rowena[/name]? So similar but not unisex at all.

For the record, I love [name]Marin[/name]. Are you pronouncing it [name]Mare[/name]-in or [name]Mar[/name]-in? I like both ways. I also think [name]Anna[/name] is lovely, and safe, but that is ok. However, if you don’t love love it, maybe you should keep on looking. If you aren’t sure of [name]Marin[/name], how about [name]Maisie[/name] or [name]Mabel[/name] or [name]Margot[/name] or [name]Margaret[/name]. Lots of fun possibilities. And for [name]Anna[/name], if you want something less safe but with a similar feel how about [name]Susannah[/name] or [name]Marianna[/name] or [name]Dinah[/name] or [name]Annaliese[/name]?

Here are some ideas of pretty girl names, that aren’t too safe, and aren’t fussy so they will go with [name]Francis[/name]:

[name]Willa[/name] [name]Francis[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Francis[/name]
[name]Irene[/name] [name]Francis[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Francis[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Francis[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Francis[/name] (or [name]Nola[/name])
[name]Miriam[/name] [name]Francis[/name] nn [name]Miri[/name]
[name]June[/name] [name]Francis[/name]