6th baby girl? I'm due tomorrow!

Hi,
I’m getting induced tomorrow with our 6th baby–we [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t know the gender yet but have two boy names we love, so we feel pretty set there. I’m starting to have second thoughts about our two girl names though!!

Here are the names of this baby’s siblings:
[name_f]Susan[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] (nn “[name_f]Zuzu[/name_f]”)
[name_u]June[/name_u] Eliose
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] (nn “[name_f]Wendy[/name_f]”)
[name_f]Diana[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] (nn “[name_u]Kit[/name_u]”)

The girl names we were thinking of were [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] (nn “[name_u]Pippin[/name_u]”) or [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]

We have a few rules–

1. can’t repeat any initials, middle or first
  2. must have the letter “n” in the first name
  3. can be unusual but vintage not made up

HELP! We are really cutting this close!!

2 Likes

Lavender [name_f]Hope[/name_f] is beautiful and works well with the sibling names!

4 Likes

I love [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]. Maybe something like [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] or [name_f]Vera[/name_f]? I’m awful at making combos I’m afraid, so I don’t have any suggestions on how to pair them.

3 Likes

Lavender [name_f]Hope[/name_f] is definitely the better fit with older sisters’ names! It’s really light and pretty besides. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Both [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] and [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] are among my favourites, so it’s tricky to choose, but I think [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] is probably a better match to your elder children’s names.

1 Like

I also love [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]!
But if you’re doubting too much here some suggestions I can think of!

[name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] “[name_f]Annie[/name_f]” or “[name_f]Beth[/name_f]/Bethie”
[name_f]Annalise[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] “[name_f]Annie[/name_f]” or “Lissy”
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] “[name_f]Aggie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Bianca[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Ines[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] “Nez”
[name_f]Irina[/name_f]/Irene [name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Lianna[/name_f]/Lyanna [name_f]Hope[/name_f] “[name_f]Lia[/name_f]” or “[name_u]Lee[/name_u]”
[name_u]Linden[/name_u]/Lynden [name_f]Hope[/name_f] “[name_f]Lindy[/name_f]”
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] “Pea” or “[name_u]Penny[/name_u]”
[name_f]Rosalina[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] “[name_f]Rosie[/name_f]” or “[name_f]Roz[/name_f]” or “[name_f]Lina[/name_f]”
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] “[name_f]Rosie[/name_f]” or “[name_f]Roz[/name_f]” or “[name_f]Lindy[/name_f]”
[name_f]Vivianna[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] “[name_f]Viv[/name_f]”
[name_f]Vivianne[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] '[name_f]Viv[/name_f]"
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] “[name_u]Willie[/name_u]”

All of them have a N in them, and I paired them all with [name_f]Hope[/name_f] as that is what you seemed to be liking! One of them do share a letter with a child’s nn but that’s it!

Is [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] too frilly?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s too frilly, but it is a bit stylistically different from your other ones, but not in a bad way!

Lavender is stunning, and fits in perfectly!!! It’s a bit more uncommon than your other girls names, but I think it gives off that vintage, sweet feel your children’s names all have!
I also love [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u], you can’t go wrong!!

Another vote for [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f],

Your girls all have such beautiful names! I especially like [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] and [name_f]Diana[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] is much nicer than [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] and goes better with her sisters’ names. If you’re considering others, I love the suggestion of [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]!

Junie is super cute!

I like lavender hope

Maybe one of the “[name_f]Anna[/name_f]” type names would work? [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Lillianna[/name_f], [name_f]Christianna[/name_f], writing that [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] came to mind.

Lavender [name_f]Hope[/name_f] is lovely

Lavinia
[name_f]Nadine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]
[name_f]Gillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]

Lavender [name_f]Hope[/name_f] is beautiful, but definitely a departure from the sibling style. I’m not sure that really matters though if you love it!
Other ideas just in case…

Lucinda
[name_u]Eden[/name_u] or [name_f]Enid[/name_f]
[name_f]Autumn[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]

Both those options are just GORGEOUS. Honestly I love them both so all I can suggest is take them both in and see which one fits her once she arrives?

3 Likes

I love [name_u]Pippin[/name_u] but I think [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] is just so perfect with your other girls’ gorgeous underused traditional names.

Peregrine is really lovely and striking, but it does read masculine to me, and feels a bit bolder and a bit less classic than your other girls’ names.

Very best of luck! :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Lavender is darling! I love [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]!

Seems I’m the odd one out but I vote [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u]! [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] is too fanciful for me, especially next to her sisters’ grounded, traditional names. And [name_u]Pippin[/name_u] fits right in!

2 Likes

Lavender [name_f]Hope[/name_f] is one of the most beautiful names I’ve ever heard!

1 Like