7 weeks left, still no where:-/

Found out baby 3 is a boy four months ago and we are still no where! A month or two ago we semi-settled on [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] and while I didn’t love it madly, I was growing more comfortable with the choice each day. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband has commented occasionally that he wasn’t sure [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] was ‘it’, but I told him if he wasn’t happy then he should be looking for alternatives. A couple nights ago he said he’d like to go back to our old favorite: [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]. I’ve always loved [name_m]Wes[/name_m] so agreed to go with that, while keeping [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] in my back pocket.
But tonight he’s saying he’s not sure about [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] or [name_m]Weston[/name_m] and cracked open the baby name book again. I just don’t know where to go from here. I can’t even think what name I would pick if I had free rein anymore! Nothing seems right.
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] had been a favorite of both of ours - a tribute to my late sister [name_f]Emma[/name_f]. But [name_f]My[/name_f] mother confessed to the fact that [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] felt too close to [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and that it would be too painful for her so for me it has a permanent veto but my husband still is in love with it.

I love [name_u]Reid[/name_u], [name_m]Cole[/name_m] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] but he’s not into them. He has a thing for B names like [name_u]Bryce[/name_u], [name_m]Brody[/name_m], [name_m]Brock[/name_m], and formal names like [name_m]Harold[/name_m], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] and [name_u]James[/name_u].

What are we going to do??

Oops forgot to mention my other kids are Isla and Grant.

If you don’t mind what are your other boys names?

Can you guys take 2 names to the hospital and choose after he is born?

[name_f]My[/name_f] other children you mean? I went back and edited the original post- [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_m]Grant[/name_m].

I was thinking we’d bring [name_m]Wes[/name_m] & [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] to the hospital but now it sounds like he’s not on board with those two.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] remembered we both used to like [name_m]Heath[/name_m], so brought that up again. He said “maybe”.

[name_u]Bryce[/name_u], [name_m]Cole[/name_m], [name_u]Emmett[/name_u], [name_m]Heath[/name_m], [name_u]Reid[/name_u] {and} [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] are [name_m]Grant[/name_m]'s best matches :).

I think [name_m]Heath[/name_m] or [name_u]Reid[/name_u] go best with your other two kids.

Hubs got into his first fight with a guy named [name_u]Reid[/name_u] in high school, hated the guy. So sad about it, it would be perfect.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Bennett[/name_m]? (:

Before I bust out the [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Name [name_m]Wizard[/name_m] book, I want to suggest [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] instead of [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]. [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_m]Grant[/name_m], and [name_m]Ben[/name_m]. It’s similar to [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] but maybe subtle enough to not be so similar to [name_f]Emma[/name_f].

The following suggestions are all from the [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Name [name_m]Wizard[/name_m] book. One of the best naming books in my opinion!

So the book has the following brother names listed for [name_m]Grant[/name_m]:
[name_u]Reid[/name_u], [name_m]Garrett[/name_m], [name_u]Dean[/name_u], [name_m]Brooks[/name_m], [name_m]Davis[/name_m], [name_m]Preston[/name_m] (my pick is [name_m]Brooks[/name_m]-it’s a good B name so your husband may like it and it is short and crisp like [name_m]Grant[/name_m] abd your other choice of [name_m]Wes[/name_m])

Brothers for [name_f]Isla[/name_f]: [name_m]Liam[/name_m], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], [name_u]Rhys[/name_u], [name_m]Connor[/name_m], [name_u]Finlay[/name_u], [name_m]Duncan[/name_m], [name_m]Callum[/name_m], [name_u]Theo[/name_u] (my pick- [name_m]Callum[/name_m]. Similar to your pick of [name_m]Calvin[/name_m]. But honestly all of these are great names)

Brothers for [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]: [name_m]Clayton[/name_m], [name_m]Davis[/name_m], [name_u]Barrett[/name_u], [name_u]Bradley[/name_u], [name_u]Quincy[/name_u], [name_m]Austin[/name_m], [name_u]Dexter[/name_u], [name_m]Preston[/name_m] (my pick-[name_m]Davis[/name_m]. [name_m]Both[/name_m] [name_m]Davis[/name_m] and [name_m]Preston[/name_m] were already listed for [name_m]Grant[/name_m] so it proves similar style)

Brothers for [name_m]Weston[/name_m]: [name_u]Jameson[/name_u], [name_m]Drake[/name_m], [name_m]Tucker[/name_m], [name_m]Grayson[/name_m], [name_u]Paxton[/name_u], [name_m]Branson[/name_m], [name_u]Tate[/name_u], [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] (my pick- [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] or [name_m]Branson[/name_m]. [name_m]Branson[/name_m] and [name_m]Grant[/name_m] both share similar sounds which may be a good out bad thing for you. [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] is a strong pick too)

Brothers for [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]: [name_m]Foster[/name_m], [name_m]Eli[/name_m], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_u]Owen[/name_u], [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] (these are all fantastic choices so it’s really hard to choose! I really like [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_m]Foster[/name_m] with [name_m]Grant[/name_m] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] but [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] is similar to your choice of [name_m]Wes[/name_m] so I like that one too)

Brothers for [name_m]Calvin[/name_m]: [name_m]Simon[/name_m], [name_m]Bennett[/name_m], [name_u]Curtis[/name_u], [name_u]Neil[/name_u], [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m] (my pick-[name_m]Bennett[/name_m]. It’s similar to [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] but very subtle and I love [name_m]Grant[/name_m], [name_f]Isla[/name_f], and [name_m]Bennett[/name_m]. [name_m]Grant[/name_m], [name_f]Isla[/name_f], and [name_m]Ben[/name_m]. [name_m]Simon[/name_m] is also very handsome)

I hope these suggestions help! Let me know what you like our if I’m even on track. I would be more than happy to look up more names for you :slight_smile:

Oh and I just saw you both are thinking about [name_m]Heath[/name_m] again so here are brothers for [name_m]Heath[/name_m]: [name_m]Lance[/name_m], [name_u]Shane[/name_u], [name_u]Casey[/name_u], [name_m]Rhett[/name_m], [name_m]Derek[/name_m], [name_m]Birch[/name_m]. ([name_f]My[/name_f] pick-[name_m]Rhett[/name_m]. It definitely sounds the best with [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_m]Grant[/name_m])

[name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_m]Grant[/name_m] and…

[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] ([name_m]Jon[/name_m])
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m] ([name_u]Joey[/name_u] or [name_m]Joe[/name_m])
[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] ([name_u]Max[/name_u])
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] ([name_u]Ever[/name_u])
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Callum[/name_m]
[name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_m]Dawson[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_m]Fredrick[/name_m] ([name_u]Freddie[/name_u])
[name_m]Jenson[/name_m]
[name_u]Micah[/name_u]
[name_m]Marcus[/name_m]
[name_m]Kenneth[/name_m] ([name_m]Ken[/name_m] or [name_m]Kenny[/name_m])
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_m]Adam[/name_m]
[name_m]Adler[/name_m]
[name_m]Joel[/name_m]
[name_u]Bryce[/name_u]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]

Some suggestions close to names you have mentioned:

[name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_m]Grant[/name_m], and…
[name_m]Callum[/name_m]
[name_m]Callan[/name_m]
[name_m]Callahan[/name_m] (Would probably use nn [name_u]Cal[/name_u] for this one)
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_u]Reeve[/name_u]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]

Some B Names that might work
[name_m]Baxter[/name_m]
[name_f]Baylor[/name_f]
[name_u]Blaise[/name_u]
[name_m]Breccan[/name_m]
[name_m]Burke[/name_m]

Wdyt of
[name_m]Caledon[/name_m]
[name_m]Brooks[/name_m]
[name_m]Beckett[/name_m]
[name_m]Stefan[/name_m]
[name_m]Holden[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Beau[/name_m]
[name_m]Abel[/name_m]

Have you thought about using [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] as a mn?

I like the idea of [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] with [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_m]Grant[/name_m]. I also really like the suggestion of [name_u]Owen[/name_u].

Oh this man is such a pain in my…

This morning I showed him all of your thoughtful responses (thank you so much, you all exceeded expectation!), and at the end if it he says, “So…you don’t like [name_m]Weston[/name_m]?” Grrr! I said I [name_f]DO[/name_f] like [name_m]Weston[/name_m] or [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] and would be perfectly content to go into labor with the options if [name_m]Wes[/name_m] and possibly [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] on the table. Then our son walks in and us being cute and goofy and my husband says, “I could see him as a [name_m]Wes[/name_m]!” Well DUH that’s what I’ve been saying for the last 4 months!

So the fire is out for today, still a constant struggle to decide if we prefer [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] or [name_m]Weston[/name_m]- the internet widely seems to prefer [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], and it surely sounds better with our middle name- [name_m]Brian[/name_m], but we still like the feeling of [name_m]Weston[/name_m]. Eh. There’s still a little time :wink:

Thanks again!

I think [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]Brian[/name_m] is very handsome, and sounds much better than [name_m]Weston[/name_m] [name_m]Brian[/name_m].

HOLY MACARONI!
I was just thinking about how everyone says [name_m]Weston[/name_m] is going to become dated, and I thought, well in the [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Name [name_m]Wizard[/name_m], the sibling suggestions for [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] sound very dated, so isn’t [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] dated too? So I went back to read this response and was confused that your telling of sibling names are different than I remembered. Busted out my old dog eared copy of BNW and … WHAT? They are different. Then I realized you listed sibling names for [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and in [name_f]MY[/name_f] copy of BNW there is no entry for [name_f]Isla[/name_f]. Rushed over to Amazon.com and low and behold there is a 3rd edition of the book while I’m still working with the first edition! [name_m]Just[/name_m] downloaded that sucker to my kindle, SO excited!!! I adore that freakin’ book:) Thanks for opening my eyes!

I love [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]Brian[/name_m]!

And this [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Name [name_m]Wizard[/name_m] sounds like something I need to invest in!

It is the greatest name book ever! The only thing more I wish it offered is name meanings but the data, popularity graphs, sibling suggestions, and the name style lists put this book above all other name books in my opinion. You will not be disappointed!