8 girls were named "Man" last year

I think it’s worth remembering that some of these are probably totally normal names in lots of cultures, just not necessarily in white [name_u]America[/name_u]. [name_u]Gal[/name_u], for example, is an Israeli name. [name_f]Blessing[/name_f], [name_f]Precious[/name_f] etc are pretty common in lots of [name_f]English[/name_f] speaking African countries.

Having said all that I am IMPRESSED by the number of variations on [name_f]Renesmee[/name_f]!

10 Likes

Rumer (not Rumor) is actually a Biblical name.

2 Likes

I actually know a Succes whose the 3rd one in his family! It works out that he’s really popular and smart!

1 Like

I like the sound of Abcde but it looks ridiculous (Absidee may be better?). I also think [name_f]Starlet[/name_f] is really cool!

2 Likes

Moon is a Korean name and Chozen is Japanese. Not saying that that’s why those names were chosen but it’s something to consider. Also, while [name_f]Chastity[/name_f] and [name_f]Starlet[/name_f] aren’t names I would use myself, I have heard them on other people before.

4 Likes

I definitely feel the same! Some of these names are just unfamiliar to Western and/or white American culture.

4 Likes

I was thinking that! Lol

2 Likes

While I personally wouldn’t use it, I actually think [name_u]Domino[/name_u] is kind of cool! It makes me think of the [name_f]Marvel[/name_f] character [name_u]Domino[/name_u] (in specific, [name_f]Zazie[/name_f] Beetz version in Deadpool)!

Also I really like [name_f]Moon[/name_f] (as a middle though), [name_u]Lemon[/name_u] (but as a nn, not a given name), [name_f]Starlet[/name_f], [name_u]Gal[/name_u] (reminds me of [name_u]Gal[/name_u] Gadot so not that weird to me!), [name_m]Riot[/name_m], [name_f]Whisper[/name_f] (as a middle), and Rumor (except spelt [name_f]Rumer[/name_f] - it reminds me of [name_f]Rumer[/name_f] [name_m]Willis[/name_m]!)

Also, probably not the actual reason why any of these parents chose it, but Morningstar has me questioning if they’re fans of [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m]! lol

Such an interesting list, thanks for posting!! (loved your category names too :joy:)

3 Likes

also, completely agree with @the_common_fool & @cece84!

1 Like

Why can’t we just let Renesme die? It was already tacky to begin with

4 Likes

Blessence!! :joy::heart:

1 Like

Agreed :joy:

Some are just… odd, and some are gps. [name_f]Moon[/name_f], [name_m]Prosper[/name_m] and [name_f]Valley[/name_f] are kind of cute… 0.0

But some were so hilarious and terrifying to read through :joy:
[name_f]Glad[/name_f] you shared this with us!

3 Likes

Wow this list is priceless :rofl: Thank you!

I feel silly asking but how do you see the full list of names on social security. I can only find names ranked above 1000.
Thank you!!

You can download them right here! :blush:

3 Likes

Oh I didn’t know that! Thanks! :blush:

1 Like

That was one of my favorites! It’s a combination of blessing and essence I guess :joy:

1 Like

For some reason I kind of like Jalaysia and [name_f]Starlet[/name_f]

1 Like

I bet Jlynn and [name_m]Jrue[/name_m] are supposed to be J’lynn (like [name_u]Jalen[/name_u]) and J’rue (“I’m road” in [name_u]French[/name_u]? Still not sure what this is), but they don’t include the apostrophes on the list

1 Like

I didn’t think about that! It’s possible :blush:

Thank you so much!!