8 weeks to go and we're stuck!

Our 3 y/o daughter is [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. Our 14 m/o boy is [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Paul[/name_m].

Last name is [name_m]Luther[/name_m], so any names beginning with ‘L’ are out (i.e., [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Luther[/name_m] just sounds ridiculous).

Hubby and I are both ‘A’ names, so would like to avoid an ‘A’.

We prefer old fashioned or geek names. I like names that have an English or Scottish historical significance ([name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] of [name_f]Aquitaine[/name_f] and Sir [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Fraser[/name_m], for our current kids).

Trying to avoid anything in the SSA Top 100. We love ‘[name_u]Owen[/name_u]’, but that’s just way too popular. Same with ‘[name_m]Henry[/name_m]’.

Middle name will most likely be [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] or [name_m]Paul[/name_m].

Current top contenders are [name_m]Stuart[/name_m], [name_m]Colin[/name_m], and [name_m]Desmond[/name_m], but we’re not sold on any of them.

So…… On your mark, get set, GO! Name the Boy!

Walter is the first name that jumps out at me! I think Eleanor, Simon, and Walter are perfect together! I also think these work:

Walter
Declan
Dexter
Patrick
Quinn
Thomas

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Luther[/name_m] reminded me of [name_u]Lex[/name_u] [name_m]Luthor[/name_m], and I giggled. :slight_smile:

I immediately thought of [name_m]Duncan[/name_m] - it doesn’t have a super old-fashioned sound, but it does have that connection to Scottish royalty and [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m]. I think it sounds nice with the other names, as well.

Good luck!

My maiden name was Walters and my father was not a nice guy, so [name_m]Walter[/name_m] won’t work. It does sound good with [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_m]Simon[/name_m], thought.

We’ve discussed [name_m]Duncan[/name_m], but worry about the Dunkin’ Donuts association and potential teasing on that front. I do like it, though.

Thank you!

The first names that came to mind for me are:

[name_m]Griffin[/name_m]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_u]Abbott[/name_u]
[name_m]Abram[/name_m]

What about [name_m]Ewan[/name_m]? It has the same feel as [name_u]Owen[/name_u] but way less popular. I feel like [name_m]Colin[/name_m] doesn’t really “fit” with your other kids’ names.

Also thinking…

[name_m]Miles[/name_m] or [name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugh[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m] (I love the nn [name_m]Ned[/name_m])
[name_m]Garrett[/name_m]
[name_u]Neil[/name_u]
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]
[name_m]Marcus[/name_m]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]
[name_m]Donovan[/name_m]
[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]
[name_m]Craig[/name_m]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
[name_u]Seth[/name_u]
[name_m]Preston[/name_m]
[name_u]Dean[/name_u]