8 weeks to go... we are down to 3 names

See the results of this poll: Which do you prefer?

Respondents: 26 (This poll is closed)

• Elsa Julia Stanford (nn Elsie/Elle): 9 (35%)
  • Isla Julia Stanford: 7 (27%)
  • Elisabeth Julia Stanford (Elsie/Elle): 10 (38%)

I chose [name]Elizabeth[/name] mainly b/c of your last name. I think a 3-syllable first name flows well with a 2 syllable last name. Plus, I think you should choose one of your el- names b/c of the tribute to your other daughter.

I love [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Julia[/name] [name]Stanford[/name]!

I voted for [name]Elisabeth[/name], but I think it’s prettier with the traditional spelling of [name]Elizabeth[/name]. ( I think you can still use the nn [name]Elsa[/name] if you want to, even with this spelling).
I was also wondering if you had considered the name [name]Elise[/name]?

[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Julia[/name] is lovely and fresher than [name]Elisabeth[/name] imo.

[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Julia[/name] [name]Stanford[/name] is beautiful! [name]Isla[/name] is becoming very popular, I prefer the spelling [name]Elizabeth[/name] to [name]Elisabeth[/name] (and it’s also very popular.) [name]Elsa[/name] has the wonderful connection to your other daughter and is simple, sweet and lovely!

I voted for [name]Isla[/name]. It has really been growing on me lately, however, I’m not crazy about it paired with [name]Julia[/name]. I think [name]Isla[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Stanford[/name] would be really pretty, though.

[name]Do[/name] you live in the US? If you do I don’t think it’s too popular at all.

I voted for [name]Elisabeth[/name].

I’m an [name]Elisabeth[/name] and I go by [name]Elsa[/name], so no reason why you can’t use [name]Elisabeth[/name], but call her [name]Elsa[/name] most of the time.

Re: the spelling of [name]Elisabeth[/name]. [name]Elisabeth[/name] is the original (and best) spelling of [name]Elisabeth[/name], so stick with it.

The birth of [name]Elizabeth[/name]…

[name]Elisheva[/name] (Hebrew) - [name]Elisabet[/name] (Latinate from Greek) - [name]Elisabeth[/name] (original English form and official spelling in the authorised version of the New Testament) - [name]Elizabeth[/name] (English variant popularised by [name]Queen[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] the First).

[name]Elizabeth[/name] only became the most popular English spelling after [name]Queen[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] I, research has show up until that point, it was [name]Elisabeth[/name] (which still remains the recognised spelling in the rest of Europe).

Thanks everyone! I’m still struggling… it’s hard because there doesn’t seem to be a clear preference out there. If we go with [name]Elisabeth[/name]… I will use the “s” spelling. I’m not fond of [name]Liz[/name] as a nn… but I know that you can’t always control nicknames. Probably [name]Elsa[/name] is the frontrunner for us… but its not a done deal by a long-shot.

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Julia[/name] is gorgeous!