A B middle for Linus

Linus has been in my thoughts and on my heart quite a bit lately, and am wondering about making him a permanent fixture on my list. He’s always seemed like the perfect opportunity to honor my grandpa, who, as far as I know, didn’t have an actual first name but just a set of initials—LB (which makes honoring him quite hard; I surprisingly don’t like very many B names after the L names I adore! I’ve already struck out with [name_m]Lorcan[/name_m], [name_f]Liliana[/name_f], and [name_f]Lydia[/name_f].).

Any ideas for a B middle to pair with [name_m]Linus[/name_m]? I am so far entertaining [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u], [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] (probably something like [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] to break up the S endings), or [name_u]Bryn[/name_u] (for my Welsh ancestry), but I have reservations on all three. (Most pressing of which, have we finally reached a stage in human history where we are far enough removed from the LOST-era of pop culture where a [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] wouldn’t constantly get comparisons to [name_m]Ben[/name_m] [name_m]Linus[/name_m]? :confounded::tired_face:)

Anyway, would love to hear any ideas you have, and thoughts on the LOST ties to [name_m]Linus[/name_m] (for this reason, could [name_m]Desmond[/name_m] and [name_m]Linus[/name_m] EVER be brothers?)!

Thanks, berries!
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u]

I love [name_m]Linus[/name_m] so much! I’ve never seen Lost, but as an outsider, I had no idea that [name_m]Linus[/name_m] and [name_m]Desmond[/name_m] were both Lost characters, so I wouldn’t let that bother me too much. Plus [name_m]Linus[/name_m] and [name_m]Desmond[/name_m] sound so nice as brothers! :orange_heart:

Some suggestions:

Linus [name_m]Bram[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Bramwell[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Beaumont[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Bowen[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Boaz[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Bastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Burke[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Benedict[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_u]Barrett[/name_u]

1 Like

Desmond and [name_m]Linus[/name_m] would be perfect brothers!

Linus [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Bronson[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_u]Blaine[/name_u]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_u]Blair[/name_u]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Boone[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Brody[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_u]Beckett[/name_u]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_u]Bennett[/name_u]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Benton[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Brock[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Boyd[/name_m]

1 Like

I love [name_m]Linus[/name_m] and [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] is beautiful! I like [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_u]Bryn[/name_u] too

Linus [name_u]Beckett[/name_u]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_u]Bowie[/name_u]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_u]Brave[/name_u]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_u]Beau[/name_u]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Baxter[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_u]Brennan[/name_u]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Brody[/name_m]

1 Like

Linus [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Bram[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_u]Beckett[/name_u]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Benedict[/name_m]

1 Like

I ADORE the name [name_m]Linus[/name_m]! [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] is wonderful, and I’ve never seen Lost but I can’t imagine that being many people’s first thought.

I second the suggestions of [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] and [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Burke[/name_m] - maybe even [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Burkett[/name_m]?

1 Like

@starless - thank you! I adore [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] but he’s in my top 4 already, and am not too likely to use him as a middle. [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Bram[/name_m] could be a maybe, though!

@wilkie8709 - thank you! I’ve temporarily removed [name_m]Desmond[/name_m] from my list, anyway–I love him, but am not sure I can see me with a [name_m]Desmond[/name_m]? I love some ties to him, though, so he might be back. :laughing: I love [name_m]Brody[/name_m] and [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] and [name_m]Boone[/name_m], but I’m less sure with [name_m]Linus[/name_m]? [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Brody[/name_m] maybe…

@Greyblue - thanks, [name_f]Grace[/name_f]! I’m glad you like [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Blaise[/name_u]. :heart: I’ve considered [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_u]Brave[/name_u] in the past; I love [name_u]Brave[/name_u] as a middle! Maybe I’ll have to reconsider him.

@ethelmary - thank you! I do like [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] but with [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] on my short list, I admit to just preferring him. I do agree he’s great with [name_m]Linus[/name_m] though!

@LaviniaLavender - thank you! I’m glad you like [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]; he’s been my longstanding combo. [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] would honor my sister, but for some reason he never really meshed with [name_m]Linus[/name_m] for me? I like the idea of [name_m]Burke[/name_m] but he feels like an odd choice with no ties to the name.

I appreciate all your ideas, berries!

Linus [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] is adorable! Otherwise I like [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Bram[/name_m]. This probably isn’t your style but [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Baxter[/name_m] is cute.

1 Like

I actually don’t hate [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Baxter[/name_m]? I’m actually a huge fan of surnamey names, but [name_m]Baxter[/name_m] feels like one of those surname choices you need a tie to to use, so I’ve never really connected to it? I do like [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Bram[/name_m], too; maybe something like [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Bram[/name_m]? I’d have to play with it.

I love [name_m]Linus[/name_m] and no one’s going to think about the Lost characters anymore. I was a big fan of that show (until the end) and didn’t even remember their names.

Linus [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] has the best flow of your choices so far. I actually find [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] a bit difficult to say, but [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] is lyrical and the different sounds make it very appealing to the ears. I do think a three syllable middle is the way to go with [name_m]Linus[/name_m].

Linus [name_m]Branagan[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Broderick[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Bedivere[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Belvidere[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Bernardo[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_u]Berkeley[/name_u]

1 Like