A bit confused

Lately I’ve been seeing [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] a lot on this site, but since I’ve never heard them said out loud, I’m not sure how I should pronounce them. Can you describe me how you pronounce/feel like these names should be pronounced?

[name_f]TIA[/name_f]!

[name_f]JEN[/name_f]-eh-veev and [name_u]GWIN[/name_u]-eh-veer or [name_f]GWEN[/name_f]-eh-veer…depends on how lazy I’m being.

For reference, I’m in the US–edge of Southeast and Midwest. If you google [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] pronunciation or [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] pronunciation, you should be able to find audio clips from different places and how they pronounce the name if you want to actually hear them. =]

[name_f]JEN[/name_f]-uh-veev and [name_u]GWIN[/name_u]-ih-veer. I’m in the UK.

For [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]: [name_f]JEN[/name_f]-uh-veev OR the [name_m]French[/name_m] pronunciation: “ZHAHN-vee-ehv”
For [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]: [name_u]GWIN[/name_u]-eh-veer OR [name_f]GWEN[/name_f]-eh-veer

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]: Genevieve pronunciation: How to pronounce Genevieve in English, German, Spanish
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]: How to pronounce Guinevere in English - Definition of Guinevere in English

The only [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] I’ve known was [name_m]French[/name_m], so gehn-vi-ehv. For [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] gwin-uh-veer.

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] - [name_f]JEN[/name_f]-ih-veev
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] - [name_f]GWEN[/name_f]-ih-veer

I’m from the UK.