A BROTHER FOR AVALON

Due this week ([name]Valentine[/name]'s [name]Day[/name]) and still trying to come up with a boy’s name. We don’t know what we are having. My husband’s favorite name is [name]Jack[/name], but too popular for me. As is [name]Jackson[/name].

We have one daughter named [name]Avalon[/name].

Here is our list of names that we like.

[name]Dash[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Gray[/name]
[name]Keane[/name]
[name]Granger[/name]
[name]Miller[/name] (My maiden name)
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Nash[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] (My husband agreed to this one bc he could call him [name]Jack[/name] as a nn)

Combos I’ve come up with so far . . .

[name]Dexter[/name] [name]Hart[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name] [name]Reeves[/name] ([name]Reeves[/name] is a family name)
[name]Miller[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Ford[/name]
[name]Granger[/name] [name]Eli[/name]
[name]Keane[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]

What do you like? Any suggestions? Can you come up with any great name combos? What name do you think fits best with [name]Avalon[/name]? Thanks!

[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Ford[/name] is my favorite, but I’m not sure I love any of them with [name]Avalon[/name]…

What about these names for [name]Avalon[/name]'s brother?

[name]Bowen[/name] “[name]Bowie[/name]”
[name]Broderick[/name] “[name]Brody[/name]”
[name]Dewey[/name]
[name]Dillon[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] “[name]Finn[/name]”
[name]Howell[/name] “[name]Howie[/name]”
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name]

Some possible combinations:

[name]Broderick[/name] [name]Nash[/name]
[name]Dewey[/name] [name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Howell[/name] [name]Reeves[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name] [name]Miller[/name]

Good luck!

[quote=“cocomae”]Due this week ([name]Valentine[/name]'s [name]Day[/name]) and still trying to come up with a boy’s name. We don’t know what we are having. My husband’s favorite name is [name]Jack[/name], but too popular for me. As is [name]Jackson[/name].

We have one daughter named [name]Avalon[/name].

Here is our list of names that we like.

[name]Dash[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] - love
[name]Gray[/name]
[name]Keane[/name]
[name]Granger[/name]
[name]Miller[/name] (My maiden name)
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name] - this works with [name]Avalon[/name].
[name]Nash[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] (My husband agreed to this one bc he could call him [name]Jack[/name] as a nn) - this works, too. Great that [name]Jack[/name] could be his nn.

Combos I’ve come up with so far . . .

[name]Dexter[/name] [name]Hart[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name] [name]Reeves[/name] ([name]Reeves[/name] is a family name)
[name]Miller[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Henry[/name] - love
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Ford[/name] - cool
[name]Granger[/name] [name]Eli[/name]
[name]Keane[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]

What do you like? Any suggestions? Can you come up with any great name combos? What name do you think fits best with [name]Avalon[/name]?

[name]Avalon[/name] is such a great name. Of course I think of Camelot when I hear the name [name]Avalon[/name]. Or I think of Anglo-[name]Saxon[/name], Welsh and even Irish and Scottish names.

[name]Anders[/name] - Scandinavian. Sounds Northern, breezy, and crisp like [name]Avalon[/name].
[name]Arthur[/name] - could be a middle name, so it’s less cutesy with [name]Avalon[/name]
[name]Clive[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Edwin[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name]
[name]Gareth[/name] - a knight of Camelot.
[name]Kenneth[/name] - see comment on [name]Roger[/name].
[name]Leopold[/name] - another one that just works in a quirky way. nn [name]Leo[/name].
[name]Lionel[/name] - he was one of [name]King[/name] [name]Arthur[/name]'s knights.
[name]Miles[/name] - this just works for me.
[name]Niall[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name] - another one that works. nn [name]Colin[/name]. Or [name]Cole[/name].
[name]Peter[/name] - has that super British sound, at least it sounds British to me. Sounds brave and princely!
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Pieter[/name], [name]Piet[/name] - see comment by [name]Anders[/name].
[name]Roger[/name] - You could outhip the Hipsters and use this name. Makes me think of a mid-century modern knight if there were such a thing.
[name]Rufus[/name]
[name]Stellan[/name] - This is a Scandinavian name, and I love it with [name]Avalon[/name].
[name]Thaddeus[/name] - This works imo.
[name]Theodore[/name] - for some reason, this works.
[name]Trevor[/name] - I love [name]Avalon[/name] and [name]Trevor[/name] so much! So cute. I love the letter “v”! [name]Trevor[/name] is a Welsh name.
[name]Vance[/name]

[name]Dexter[/name] [name]Hart[/name]- i like this one very cool and flows well
[name]Emmett[/name] [name]Reeves[/name] ([name]Reeves[/name] is a family name) reeves is a great name, emmett is ok
[name]Miller[/name] [name]Jude[/name]- cool i like it. both names sound good together
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Henry[/name]- super cute
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Ford[/name]- by far my favorite BUT i wouldnt use it if your hubby will call him jack. [name]Jack[/name] is too popular.
[name]Granger[/name] [name]Eli[/name]- I really dislike [name]Granger[/name] is looks and sounds bad
[name]Keane[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]- i dont get this name

You have so many really good choices. good luck!

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions! [name]Love[/name] [name]Stellan[/name].

[name]Granger[/name] is my mom’s maiden name and I thought we could call him [name]Gray[/name].

My husband loves the band [name]Keane[/name].

My husband would be the only one who calls the baby [name]Jack[/name]. To the rest of us, he will be [name]Jasper[/name].

Thanks!

[name]Dash[/name]: I love it, but think of it more as nickname for [name]Dashiell[/name]…

[name]Dashiell[/name]: Aha! [name]Dashiell[/name]! :slight_smile: I love it!

[name]Gray[/name]: Some of the other names sound more cheerful to me, but I do think it’s handsome. I can really see [name]Avalon[/name] and [name]Gray[/name] as siblings.

[name]Keane[/name]: I like some of the others more…

[name]Granger[/name]: I saw this is a family name…I can see [name]Granger[/name] and [name]Avalon[/name] together. (I do think of grain, though…) I like your idea of calling him [name]Gray[/name].

[name]Miller[/name] (My maiden name): It’s really, really popular, but I can still see it with [name]Avalon[/name].

[name]Emmett[/name]: I think it’s really handsome…

[name]Beckett[/name]: I love [name]Beckett[/name], too…

[name]Nash[/name]: Because I think of teeth gnashing, I like the other names more. A lot of people love [name]Nash[/name], though!

[name]Jasper[/name] (My husband agreed to this one bc he could call him [name]Jack[/name] as a nn): I love it!

[name]Dexter[/name] [name]Hart[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] it!

[name]Emmett[/name] [name]Reeves[/name] ([name]Reeves[/name] is a family name): I think this is really handsome, too. Have you thought of [name]Reeve[/name] as a first name? I can see [name]Reeve[/name] and [name]Avalon[/name] as brother and sister. (Hmm…Then again, [name]Reeve[/name] and [name]Avalon[/name] both have the V sound…)
[name]Miller[/name] [name]Jude[/name]: I like it a lot! I love [name]Jude[/name] as a first name with [name]Avalon[/name]…

[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Henry[/name]: I totally love this!

[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Ford[/name]: I think it’s handsome…

[name]Granger[/name] [name]Eli[/name]: I like the flow of [name]Eli[/name] [name]Granger[/name] more…

[name]Keane[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]: I love [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Keane[/name]. :slight_smile:

I love so many of these names, but don’t think the traditional or vintage ones work very well with [name]Avalon[/name]. I’m not sure if matching styles is important to you though, and if it’s not, there’s nothing wrong with that!

[name]Even[/name] though it’s vintage, I can honestly see [name]Dashiell[/name] with [name]Avalon[/name], especially with the nickname [name]Dash[/name]. I think it’s great! I love both [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Reeves[/name]. Of the surnames, I’ll vote for [name]Miller[/name] or [name]Granger[/name], nn [name]Gray[/name], because because of their meaning to you. (I also love [name]Jude[/name] as a first name with [name]Avalon[/name]!)

Some random names I can see with [name]Avalon[/name]:

[name]Blaise[/name]
[name]Calder[/name]
[name]Davis[/name]
[name]Fisher[/name]
[name]Gulliver[/name]
[name]Hawthorne[/name]
[name]Indigo[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Piers[/name]
[name]Quillen[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Redford[/name]
[name]Redmond[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Shepherd[/name]
[name]Teague[/name]
[name]Whittaker[/name]
[name]Willoughby[/name]
[name]Willem[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]

Classic/vintage names:

[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Raphael[/name]
[name]Samson[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]/[name]Theo[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Zachariah[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback, [name]Jill[/name]!

[name]Miller[/name] [name]Jude[/name], [name]Granger[/name] [name]Eli[/name] and [name]Keane[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] all look like they’re backward, because the middles are all quite ordinary first names. With a last name as first name, I think a less common or longer middle is necessary.

[name]Avalon[/name] can go with either a new or old name. I don’t think [name]Nash[/name] or [name]Dash[/name] go well, but almost everything else mentioned could. Well, except [name]Zachariah[/name]. It’s the only blatantly Hebrew one mentioned so far, and I think your style is somewhat like mine (read: staying as far from Hebrew as possible).

I wouldn’t use [name]Jasper[/name] if he’d get the nickname [name]Jack[/name].

[name]Susan[/name]'s medieval-feel list made me think of [name]Roland[/name].

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Emmett[/name] and [name]Beckett[/name] from your list and think [name]Emmett[/name] [name]Reeves[/name] is a great name!
I also like [name]Avalon[/name] and [name]Emmett[/name] together :slight_smile:
Other names you had that I thought were great are:
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]

Some combos I like:
[name]Emmett[/name] [name]Reeves[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name] [name]Reeves[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Eli[/name] [name]Beckett[/name]