A brother for Cormac & Fiona

I love [name_m]Ives[/name_m]! (Trowan is actually very near St. Ives) I think with the last name [name_m]Marshall[/name_m], it’d need to be a middle name.

Congratulations.

I am alas not Cornish, but ever since watching Poldark as a girl (years ago), I fell in love with the names. [name_m]Pasco[/name_m] is my favorite. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like Truro? They are all lovely names, except for me [name_m]Drake[/name_m], which sounds mean somehow to my mind.

I don’t think we’d use [name_u]Hendrix[/name_u], but [name_u]Hendrix[/name_u] [name_u]Wilder[/name_u] is super cool!

Congratulations on your newest addition!

The names that stand out from your list for me are [name_u]Jory[/name_u] and [name_m]Pasco[/name_m]. The strong vowels and crisp consonants feel right at home with the names of your older children. They both play up the sparky and playful energy of your sibling set. I also like the visual tie-in of the letter ‘o’ across all three names.

I really enjoy the story behind Trowan but I’m struggling to see this name on a person because it’s so unfamiliar to me. [name_u]Jory[/name_u] shares in the same story and since [name_u]Jory[/name_u] is after a person rather than a place, that would be my pick. I’d much prefer to be named after a great grandparent and have the adventurous tales of my parents as a much loved bonus. But I also think Trowan would be terrific as a middle name.

I don’t claim to know much about Cornish names but based on the ‘o’ and hard ‘c’ sounds, I wonder if you’d like [name_m]Locryn[/name_m] or [name_m]Branok[/name_m].

1 Like

I like the idea that [name_u]Jory[/name_u] and Trowan are part of the same story. I hadn’t thought of it that way. Thank you!

1 Like

I love [name_m]Fergus[/name_m] and wish my hubby would consider it for our babe # 3. I think the nn ‘Gus’ is super cute too.

[name_m]Fergus[/name_m] [name_u]Wilder[/name_u] sounds lovely and goes so nicely with your other children’s names.

[name_m]Hugh[/name_m] is a close second for me.

Good luck -honestly they are all lovely. You can’t go wrong!

1 Like