A Brother for Emmett

See the results of this poll: Help Us Choose a Name for Emmett’s Brother!

Respondents: 64 (This poll is closed)

• Graham : 28 (22%)
  • Ellis : 6 (5%)
  • Ezra : 13 (10%)
  • Connor : 13 (10%)
  • Callan : 20 (16%)
  • Arlo : 23 (18%)
  • Simon : 17 (13%)
  • Pascoe: 6 (5%)

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u], [name_u]Conner[/name_u], and [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] are my favorite.

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] would be awesome with [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]! I like [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] too but [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] and [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] sound a bit too matchy for me.

Thanks for your feedback…I can’t decide if [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] and [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] was nice or just too much. Some siblings with the same initials really works so I’ve been toying with that with [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] and [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]. But maybe it’s a little too cutesy?

I think [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] and [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] and a bit too similar.

[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] and [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] is great! I don’t think it’s too cutesy at all.

I really like [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] with [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] if you’re after a fresh, modern and bouncy vibe! [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] is cute and funky like [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] :slight_smile:
[name_m]Graham[/name_m] would be my second choice, especially if you want a slightly more classic feeling sibset! They fit really well too

I actually really like [name_m]Graham[/name_m], but these are all wonderful!

I’m glad to hear that! I think [name_m]Graham[/name_m] might be the top choice in our minds but I just don’t feel 100% about it. I’ve always loved the name though. Maybe part of me wants to do the same 2-1 syllable first and middle name to match the cadence of [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_m]Ward[/name_m]. [name_m]Graham[/name_m] was originally a good one syllable middle name option for matching syllables, but then I realized I really like it as a first name too. [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_m]Ward[/name_m] and [name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_m]Callan[/name_m] maybe?

[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_m]Callan[/name_m] is nice! [name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] and [name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_m]Brooks[/name_m] also came to mind

Yes! We love [name_m]Brooks[/name_m] too!

I like [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] the best from your list.

Also, I know someone who has an [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] and his brother’s names are [name_m]Otis[/name_m] and [name_m]Abner[/name_m]…:slight_smile:

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] immediately struck me as sounding perfect with [name_u]Emmett[/name_u].

I think [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_m]Graham[/name_m] would make for a nice combo. [name_m]Graham[/name_m] seems to be your favourite, but also, [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_m]Graham[/name_m] would also give you the 2-1 syllable repeat that you mentioned liking the idea of (though personally, I do say [name_m]Graham[/name_m] with two syllables – [name_u]GRAY[/name_u]-um. I understand it’s more [name_m]GRAM[/name_m] in [name_u]America[/name_u]? though).

I voted for [name_m]Graham[/name_m], and I love [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] and [name_m]Graham[/name_m] together. But if you really wanted to do the 2-1, I think [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_m]Graham[/name_m] or [name_m]Connor[/name_m] [name_m]Graham[/name_m] are both nice.

[name_m]Callan[/name_m] is my favorite for you by far! But I also voted for [name_m]Graham[/name_m] and [name_m]Simon[/name_m]. They’d all make lovely classic, but not boring sibsets. [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] is right in style, but I think I agree with pp that it’s a bit too matchy.

I love [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] and [name_m]Ezra[/name_m], but I’m not sure they work quite as well with [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]. Maybe as middles?

The only ones I’m really against are [name_m]Connor[/name_m] and [name_u]Pascoe[/name_u]. [name_m]Connor[/name_m] is dated, and [name_u]Pascoe[/name_u] is a little too out-there for me.