A brother for Jack Wilder

Hello Berries!

My husband and I are expecting another boy and are totally stumped on a name for this one. Big brother is [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m], and we [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] his classic first name paired with the more adventurous/daring middle name to freshen it up. We are really struggling to find another pairing that has the same flow and feel. Everything that we have come up with so far seems to fall flat.

We are by no means set on any names, but the top contenders right now are [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] ([name_m]Ben[/name_m]) [name_m]Crew[/name_m] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]. The real struggle we are having is finding a middle name that holds up to [name_m]Wilder[/name_m]. Neither one of our current options seems to have the same vibe that we achieved the first time around.

We would love any suggestions of other middle names to pair with [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m], or any other first/middle pairings that you think have a similar feel to [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m]. Thanks so much!

[name_u]Everest[/name_u]! I love [name_u]Everest[/name_u], but my husband thinks it’s too daring. I think it pairs perfectly with [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] though! [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]Everest[/name_u] or [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_u]Everest[/name_u] are both great, I would also suggest [name_u]Max[/name_u] or [name_m]Leo[/name_m]! For middle names you could also think about [name_u]Hero[/name_u], [name_u]Dune[/name_u], [name_m]Forest[/name_m], [name_m]Fox[/name_m], [name_m]Rune[/name_m], or [name_m]Hawk[/name_m].

My sons name is [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] [name_m]Bear[/name_m], pretty much fits perfect with [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] :slight_smile:

[name_m]Lucas[/name_m] [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]? (nn [name_m]Luke[/name_m])
I seem to remember [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] was another berries favourite name on here from a year ago or so, I’ve always loved that name…

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m]!

What about [name_m]Henry[/name_m] or [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]:
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_m]Fox[/name_m]
[name_m]Wolf[/name_m]
[name_m]Rogue[/name_m]
[name_m]Turner[/name_m]
[name_m]Tucker[/name_m]
[name_m]Booker[/name_m]
[name_m]Apollo[/name_m]
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_u]Cedar[/name_u]
[name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_u]Blue[/name_u]
[name_u]Lyric[/name_u]
[name_m]Maverick[/name_m]
[name_u]Ocean[/name_u]
[name_m]Ranger[/name_m]
[name_f]Snow[/name_f]
[name_u]Story[/name_u]

I like [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m].

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] would be perfect with brother [name_m]Jack[/name_m]!
Have you considered [name_m]Hank[/name_m]?

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Boyd[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Garrick[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Lawson[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]Paxton[/name_u]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Judson[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m]

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] is perfect with [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m]. [name_u]Everest[/name_u] is another good one. I have [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] [name_u]Everest[/name_u] on my list.

Thanks for all of the input!

I really like the suggestions of [name_u]Everest[/name_u] and [name_m]Fox[/name_m] for middles. It just occurred to me that we are really drawn to word names in the middle spot. We also like [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] as potential first names, but feel like [name_u]Max[/name_u] might be a little too similar to [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. What do you guys think? I’ve updated our list of top contenders below. Still open to any and all suggestions!

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]Everest[/name_u]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_u]Everest[/name_u]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_m]Fox[/name_m]
[name_u]Max[/name_u] [name_u]Everest[/name_u]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_m]Fox[/name_m]

I agree with you, [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] both being 1 syllable with the same vowel sound is a bit close. [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] are great together. (Funny, my two best friends and I have a [name_u]Max[/name_u], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] between us :)).

My faves are [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m], [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_m]Fox[/name_m], and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_u]Everest[/name_u] (not listed). [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Fox[/name_m] and [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] would work too. [name_u]Max[/name_u] [name_u]Everest[/name_u] is great-just don’t love [name_u]Max[/name_u] with [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. Maybe [name_m]Milo[/name_m] [name_u]Everest[/name_u] or [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Everest[/name_u]? [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Fox[/name_m]?

[name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_u]Max[/name_u] are definitely similar, but I don’t see them as being too similar to use. I also love [name_u]Owen[/name_u]! Of your top contenders I like [name_u]Max[/name_u] or [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]Everest[/name_u] (these really are tied for me, they’re both great!) and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_m]Fox[/name_m] the best. [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] is also a really great name! I prefer [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_m]Fox[/name_m] to [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_u]Everest[/name_u], but I don’t love either as much as the other options.

I really like the suggestion of [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Everest[/name_u] - that’s one of my favorite names that my husband has vetoed!

For the first name, I’d say Henry or Owen is perfect. Max doesn’t quite fit, IMO. It’s equally handsome but not as versatile as Jack.
I’d also suggest

Ian
Leo
George
Peter
David

You have some exciting middles thrown in the mix, too.

So, just for the sake of argument, what if you reverse the order and put an exciting, longer name with a short, sharp middle? That way you wouldn’t feel the second sons name needs to compete with the first. And it would shatter any sort of holding pattern that boxes you in, potentially hindering you from falling for a new combo. Example :

Leonidas Ty
Forrest Owen
Everest Max
Fox Henry
Quentin Ezra
Dakotah Rhys
Wallace Henry
Clifton Ira
Crew Benjamin
Atlas Davi

Jack is versatile enough to be a sibling to any of these!

I like both options. I actually would prefer [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m].

Ideas:
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_m]Stone[/name_m]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_m]Monte[/name_m]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_m]Knight[/name_m]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_m]Fox[/name_m]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_m]Creed[/name_m]

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Fox[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Knight[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Creed[/name_m]