A Brother for Owen and Henry 😊

We are expecting our 3rd boy in [name_u]November[/name_u] and struggling to come up with a name that fits with the other two ([name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]Evan[/name_u]). Our last name end in -er, so we are avoiding first names with the same ending. Here is our list:

[name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_m]Ford[/name_m]

We are totally open on middles, but we do like [name_m]William[/name_m], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], [name_u]Easton[/name_u] (town where we met), and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m].

What do you think of these options? Anything else to consider? Thanks!!

You have a great list so far, I think all of these would go nicely with [name_u]Owen[/name_u] & [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. I’m not personally a fan of [name_m]Ford[/name_m] but that’s just my taste, I like all the others.

I’m a sucker for a personal story behind a name so I really think you should use [name_u]Easton[/name_u] in the middle spot! [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Easton[/name_u] and [name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_u]Easton[/name_u] both sound nice to me.

Other first names to consider…
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Clark[/name_m]
[name_m]Clint[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Zack[/name_m]
[name_u]Ryan[/name_u]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_u]Wyatt[/name_u]

2 Likes

Graham [name_m]William[/name_m] sounds nice if you don’t mind the same ending to the names.
I like [name_m]Graham[/name_m] because it’s a little less expected than some of the others.

1 Like

I like [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_m]Graham[/name_m]!

I wouldn’t use [name_m]Ford[/name_m] because you already have a [name_m]Henry[/name_m], which might be heavily associated with [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Ford[/name_m], especially if they are in that order.

1 Like

Oh, I love [name_m]Graham[/name_m] with your older boys’ names! But really, all of the names on your list could potentially work well in the set.

Others with a similar style:
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Colin[/name_m]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]Gus[/name_u]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_u]Lane[/name_u]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_u]Miles[/name_u]

1 Like

As the others have said, great list all-around! I agree with not using [name_m]Ford[/name_m] with [name_m]Henry[/name_m], but otherwise, all your names could fit. I think my favorites might be [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_u]Reid[/name_u]…though [name_m]Graham[/name_m] is lovely too…

With middles, I like:

Graham [name_u]Easton[/name_u]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Easton[/name_u]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]

I also really like the suggestion of [name_m]Cole[/name_m].

2 Likes

Even before opened the thread, my first thought was [name_m]Jack[/name_m] (I’m a little biased, as [name_m]Henry[/name_m] & [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is my favorite brother sibset). I agree with the [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Ford[/name_m] association, and it’s a bit sad, because [name_m]Ford[/name_m] would make a great brother to [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m].

Jack [name_u]Easton[/name_u] would be my #1 choice.

I’ve noticed both [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] share the -en-, and that makes me thing about names with -en- like:

• Aiden
    -[name_m]Warren[/name_m]
    -[name_m]Landen[/name_m]
    -[name_m]Steven[/name_m]
    -[name_m]Dennis[/name_m]
    -[name_m]Denzel[/name_m]
    -[name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
    -[name_m]Fabien[/name_m]
    -[name_m]Julien[/name_m]
    -[name_u]Jensen[/name_u]
    -[name_u]Quentin[/name_u]
    -[name_f]Lauren[/name_f]
    -[name_u]Arlen[/name_u]
    -[name_u]Bennett[/name_u]
    -[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]/Benji
    -[name_m]Damien[/name_m]
    -[name_m]Enoch[/name_m]
    -[name_u]Collen[/name_u]
    -[name_m]Enzo[/name_m]

But I guess it’s something just a berry would notice :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Jack is my first pick! Maybe [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Easton[/name_u]? [name_u]Reid[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m] would be my second choice. [name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] third.

All great names though, really!

I second the noticing of “en” in [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. Maybe it is a berry thing! :joy:

Some other names to consider:
[name_u]Eden[/name_u] (especially if it was [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_u]Easton[/name_u])
[name_m]Ruben[/name_m]
[name_u]Declan[/name_u]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]

2 Likes

Owen [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_u]Reid[/name_u] sound amazing together
[name_u]Reid[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u] [name_u]Easton[/name_u]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m]

I also really like [name_m]Graham[/name_m] (6 letters) [name_m]Henry[/name_m] (5) [name_u]Owen[/name_u](4) - super subtle theme
[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_m]Willam[/name_m]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]

2 Likes

Jack [name_u]Easton[/name_u] would be so perfect and meaningful!

1 Like

I second [name_m]Jack[/name_m] or [name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_u]Easton[/name_u].
Other names I like for you are
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u], [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_u]Easton[/name_u] sounds so cool.
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m]
[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]Miles[/name_u]

1 Like

Jack was the name that came to mind when I saw the title of your post. From your middles I like [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] best. I also like [name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], but the flow might be off with your -er surname.

1 Like

Hi there.

I love [name_m]Henry[/name_m] & [name_u]Owen[/name_u]!

Here are my thoughts on your list-

Jack-This is perfect. [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is classic, sporty, smart, friendly & just lovable. Such a great match w/Owen & [name_m]Henry[/name_m].

Graham-This fits in quite nicely too. It’s kind of quiet & down to earth. It’s a little bland sounding in my opinion, but a nice enough name. I at least prefer [name_m]Graeme[/name_m].

Grant-I like [name_m]Graham[/name_m] more. [name_m]Grant[/name_m] always sounds a little frat boy to me for some reason.

Reid-I don’t know. I find this one a little bland sounding too, but it’s not awful at all.

Ford-I wouldn’t do this w/big brother, [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. Not my cup of tea either, personally.

Sorry for any repeats, but here are some suggestions-

Adam

Amos

Abel/Abe

August/Ace/Augie/Gus

Alden

Alec

Austin

Beckett/Kit

Charles/Charlie/Cal/Cab/Chet/Chance/Chase

Clive

Daniel

David

Desmond/Dex

Elliott

Emmett

Ellis

Eli

Elias/Eli

Edward/Teddy/Ned

Ferris

Fergus/Gus

Gibson/Gib/Gibby/Gibsy

George

James/Jem/Jass

Jameson/Jem/Jass

Jude

Joel

Jacob

Keats

Knox

Luke

Levi

Milo

Maxwell/Max

Nathan/Nate

Nathaniel/Nate

Philip/Pip/Flip

Paul

Quinn

Rafe

Rhys

Simon

Silas

Thomas/Tuck

Wyatt

Zachary/Zac/Zeke

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_u]Reid[/name_u] are my favorites!

1 Like

I love your boys names and your list is pretty similar to ours. 2/3 of our boys‘ names are on your list. I don’t think you can go wrong! I do much prefer [name_m]Grant[/name_m] to [name_m]Graham[/name_m] though due to pronunciation issues.
Good luck!