A brother for Priya & Theo

I am very happy to announce we welcomed our son this week past and named him [name_m]Florin[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]. He joins [name_f]Priya[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u] Mabini

I posted during his pregnancy how I would like to use a name with a nod to the [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Bride[/name_f] (my favourite book & film) and [name_m]Florin[/name_m] was an option I was considering. I got some great feedback on that thread and [name_m]Florin[/name_m] only continued to grow on me for reasons outside of it’s [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Bride[/name_f] connection. I love the meaning (flower; flourishing) and loved that the [name_m]Florin[/name_m] was a coin minted in Australia. We are Australian and my dad did his apprenticeship at the Australian Mint so I remember him telling me stories about coins as a child.

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] was my grandfathers name and I wanted to honour him and my mum and [name_f]Nana[/name_f] by using it. Plus, we thought he might then get the nickname [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] which we wouldn’t mind. He actually reminds me of my grandfather too with a big round face and dimples :wink: The meaning ‘peaceful ruler’ also added to its appeal.

Thank you so much for all the feedback and help I had during the choosing process. I love nameberry <3

You can see a photo of him if you’re interested at documentingdelight . com - he was pleasantly huge weighing 5.2kgs / 11lbs 4oz!

Congratulations & best wishes!

Wow, small world! I saw your baby announcement on my FB because a friend of mine commented on it, and I thought about making a post about [name_m]Florin[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]. I love the name, and the baby picture I saw was beyond adorable. Grats. :slight_smile:

Congratulations! Wow he sure is a big boy with a lovely name!

Congratulations! [name_m]Florin[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is a stunning name!

Thank you! It’s amazing how small facebook can make the world, isn’t it? I am glad you liked his name enough to think about posting it!

Thank you!!

Yes, a very small world! I’ve already come across your birth announcement on Facebook (friend of a friend…of a friend lol). Congratulations!

Congratulations! I follow your blog saw your post about his name :slight_smile: A hadsome name for a handsome boy!

Congratulations again [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] :slight_smile: I’ve been following your blog for a few years now, and was so excited to see your announcement last week! He’s such a gorgeous chubba, I keep going back to look at his picture :slight_smile:

xx

Congrats! [name_m]Florin[/name_m] is a lovely name and I love the [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Bride[/name_f] connection. I’m glad checked into your blog, I love it!

Oh, how I love an alliterative name! Your children have wonderful names, and congratulations on the big, beautiful [name_m]Florin[/name_m].

I’m a huge fan of your blog, by the way. It’s fun to see you on nameberry.

Congrats to you on the safe arrival of your third child, [name_m]Florin[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]. [name_m]Florin[/name_m] is the most interesting name I’ve seen in a long time. [name_f]Priya[/name_f], [name_u]Theo[/name_u] and [name_m]Florin[/name_m] are gorgeous together! You are blessed with such a beautiful and healthy family!

Wow, slow replying! having a newborn is time consuming, haha.

facebook does make the world much smaller, huh? Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you so much! He is so chubba and we are very much in love! x

Yay, I am glad someone likes the [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Bride[/name_f] connection - people have been looking at me a little funny when I mention it, haha. It’s not like we named him Humperdink, haha.

I love an alliterative name too… now I wish I could go back and change the other kids middle names, haha. [name_f]Priya[/name_f] does think her middle name is [name_f]Peach[/name_f] so it shouldn’t be too hard. [name_u]Theo[/name_u]… [name_u]Theo[/name_u]… [name_u]Theo[/name_u] I can’t think of anything to go with that… so maybe it is too hard. Thank you for your lovely words x

Thank you so much! I am feeling very blessed x

“Yay, I am glad someone likes the [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Bride[/name_f] connection - people have been looking at me a little funny when I mention it, haha. It’s not like we named him Humperdink, haha.”

Haha, no to Humperdink and/or Fezzik! :slight_smile: I would totally use the name [name_m]Inigo[/name_m], maybe only in the middle because I’m sure tons of people would read [name_f]Indigo[/name_f]. And [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] is a guilty pleasure name crush of mine.