a brother for Remy !

ever since I was little I’ve loved names and dreamt about naming my children, but now that I have the opportunity it’s so hard! i’ve been looking for opinions on my future sons name, I’m just about seven months along now, and would love for your help! i have a four year old daughter, [name]Remy[/name] [name]Grace[/name] already and am looking for something that flows nicely with her name, but not matchy-matchy at all.

I love the name [name]Lane[/name], but my husband doesn’t like it for his first name, although he’s agreed to let me keep it for the middle name. basically i have three choices right now: [name]Rylan[/name] [name]Lane[/name], [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Lane[/name] or [name]Cohen[/name] [name]Lane[/name], but I haven’t been able to settle on one! with my daughter it was much easier and i wasn’t himming and hawing like i am now! so any help/suggestions would be appreciated! thank you!

Here are some suggestions

[name]Curtis[/name]
[name]Travis[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Alex[/name]
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Dane[/name]
[name]Reid[/name]
[name]Axel[/name]
[name]Kirk[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Marin[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]David[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Dan[/name] (this is not a nn)

I like [name]Elliott[/name] [name]Lane[/name], if you are Jewish [name]Cohen[/name] is good but [name]Cohen[/name] [name]Lane[/name] has too much of the ‘n’ sound, I dislike [name]Rylan[/name] not good with [name]Remy[/name].

From your choices, I like [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Lane[/name] the most. I think it’s very handsome. :slight_smile:

A [name]Cohen[/name] is a Jewish priest and a common Jewish last name (such as Goldberg or Schwartz), and some (not all) Jewish people may be offended or taken aback by its use as a first name, especially on a non-Jewish baby.

If you follow this link and go to (I think) the 5th post down, I answered [name]Rollo[/name]'s question about [name]Cohen[/name], and included [name]Pam[/name]'s in depth thoughts on the name: Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums

Of course, you need to choose the name that’s right for you, but I thought I’d mention [name]Cohen[/name]'s background.

Some modern names that may appeal to you:

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Anderson[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] (I think [name]Lane[/name] sounds great with a longer first name, though)

Names more along the lines of [name]Elliot[/name]:

[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]William[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile: