A brother for Rose...

I had my girl name all picked out and ready to go since I was convinced this baby was another girl…well surprise we are having a boy! I am stumped and have always had a hard time with choosing a boy name that I love. My DD’s name is [name]Rose[/name] [name]Ashlyn[/name] if that gives you any indication of my taste. I usually like classic or vintage names nothing too popular or trendy but not unusual either. Here is my list so far, although nothing is jumping out at me…thanks!

[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] ([name]Charlie[/name])
[name]Maxwell[/name] ([name]Max[/name])
[name]Benjamin[/name] ([name]Ben[/name])

[name]Rose[/name] is a fantastic name! I love seeing it as a first. As for her brother…
[name]Jack[/name]- I think [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] go great together stylistically, and I love the name [name]Jack[/name], but I wouldn’t want anyone to think it’s after the characters in “Titanic”
[name]George[/name]- I’m not a huge fan, but that’s just my taste. It’s a perfectly good name and goes well with [name]Rose[/name]. I met a little boy named [name]George[/name] recently and he loved it- he introduced himself as “[name]George[/name] like [name]George[/name] [name]Washington[/name].”
[name]Miles[/name]- I associate it very strongly with the word, and you’d have two noun-named kids, but it’s not that bad.
[name]Maxwell[/name], [name]Charlie[/name] ([name]Charles[/name]), [name]Henry[/name], and [name]Ben/name are fantastic options. I love them all and they go great with [name]Rose[/name]- you have great taste!

* Report this post

A brother for Rose…

Postby 415mama ” Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:16 pm
I had my girl name all picked out and ready to go since I was convinced this baby was another girl…well surprise we are having a boy! I am stumped and have always had a hard time with choosing a boy name that I love. My DD’s name is Rose Ashlyn if that gives you any indication of my taste. I usually like classic or vintage names nothing too popular or trendy but not unusual either. Here is my list so far, although nothing is jumping out at me…thanks!

Jack- I love Jack especially with Rose, but it’s becoming very popular since you said that was an issue
Henry- see jack above, but with a name like Henry, who cares? Henry and Rose= A+ to me
George- Same charm and feel with Rose as the two former names but without the popularity issues
Miles- great, but is getting trendy, I know a little Miles that goes by nn Milo!
Charles (Charlie)- I like this but find some of the otjer choices more exciting
Maxwell (Max)- I like this but there are a lot of Max’s in all its variations out there
Benjamin (Ben)- I love how it is both strong and soft

Great list! my favorite pairs are:
[name]Rose[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] and [name]George[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] and [name]Miles[/name]

[name]May[/name] I also suggest:
[name]Abraham[/name] nn [name]Abe[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name] nn [name]Cal[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Ephraim[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name] (good alternative to [name]Henry[/name])
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Lionel[/name] nn [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Lucian[/name] nn [name]Luca[/name]/[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Seth[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] nn [name]Theo[/name]/[name]Teddy[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name] nn [name]Vince[/name]
[name]Walter[/name] nn [name]Walt[/name]