A Chat For Mothers and Soon-To Be- Mothers!

So I am currently pregnant with number 4, (a Girl that will joining my other three daughters)and I thought it would be nice to talk with other moms, expecting mothers or even thinking about kids, to compare pregnancies, names, fears, and more! I also think it would be fun to get to know other mothers! -Daniella (Dani)

4 Likes

I’m a fur mom. Does that count?

I have three fur babies, a dog named [name_f]Emma[/name_f], and two guinea pigs named [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] nn [name_f]Aggie[/name_f], and [name_f]Myrtle[/name_f].

1 Like

Hi @dandanphelps3

Congratulations!
I’m about 6 weeks pregnant with our first baby :blush: Due in [name_f]May[/name_f]. Really excited but also super anxious, worrying about every twinge and pull.

3 Likes

I’m 17 weeks pregnant with a boy and a girl.

This year has taken five members of our family. Grief, the pandemic, the toll it has taken on everyone, and the general state of affairs has made it very difficult for me to fully focus on our babies. I quit my job, which makes me very anxious about finances but was the safest thing to do, and I’m trying to look at the glass half full.

Thinking about how my mood and stress level affect our babies only makes me moodier and more stressed, so hopefully something will give and lift my spirits naturally.

I’m happy to count on my husband’s patient and generous nature, as well as the sweet companionship of our dog.

In a year where nothing has gone our way, I look forward to a 180° change once our babies are here, healthy, strong and ready for whatever comes along.

5 Likes

Of course that counts! What kind of dog do you have?

Good luck! I It’s normal for first time mothers to be nervous for their first kid. When I was pregnant with my first daughter, [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], I was super nervous and it didn’t help that I was only 18. But super congrats from me! I hope you have a safe delivery and safe pregnancy!

1 Like

I am so sorry for your losses and the stuff you are going through, especially with two babies. You got this! I hope you, your husband and your babies are keeping safe and I wish you the best!

1 Like

Thank you @dandanphelps3. Best wishes for you and your family as well. I’m number four in my family, it’s a fun spot to occupy. I’m sure it will be the same for your baby.

1 Like

What a great idea to have a general Mums chat thread! I’m on nameberry often as I’m still breastfeeding my 21-month old (mostly just nursing to sleep now) and sometimes it gets a little boring…! I’m also 8 weeks pregnant with my second, don’t know yet whether it’s a boy or girl.

3 Likes

Congrats! That’s so exciting!

Congrats on your second!! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you plan to find out boy or girl?

Hi Mums! [name_f]Glad[/name_f] to have a place to pop in and support one another. Especially with the pandemic, I don’t feel like I’ve got as much of a support group.

I’ve got two boys. One is 2.5 and the other is 3 months. [name_u]Truth[/name_u] be told, it’s been a tough adjustment the last few months - [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] has been quite colicky and it’s taking its toll. I hear that things are supposed to start getting better soon, but until it does we’re just going through the motions.

Congratulations to those expecting!

@lauraineamy sending positive vibes your way and wishing you all the best. Your babies are going to be such a beautiful and exceptional addition to your life.

3 Likes

Mum-to-be here - 22 weeks gone with my first. Both excited and nervous about the new addition as it came as a bit of a surprise, had come off the pill with a view to trying later this year but it happened much more quickly than either of us expected!

4 Likes

Good luck!

@Hollyrow Thank you for your kind words, and everyone for your help and warmth. I did not expect to get so much out more than baby naming advice. It’s very appreciated.

4 Likes

Has anyone else struggled wearing face coverings in shops etc since being pregnant? I had a spate of feeling a bit light-headed when wearing one when I was suffering from morning sickness etc a couple of months ago but I was in town today and had the same experience for the first time in weeks. Had to leave the shopping centre to de-mask for fresh air for a few minutes before I could carry on. Most of the time I’ve been fine with one on for short periods of time

4 Likes

I’ve experienced that on occasion. If I find I have trouble breathing, I just go into an empty aisle or corner of the store and lift up the bottom of my mask for a minute so that I can catch my breath. Figure that’s better than me passing out in the middle of the store.

2 Likes

Maybe this can help a bit?

It is not effective if you are in close contact with someone, so if someone is standing next to you chatting,and ideally should be used with a facemask, not instead. However, in a market that isn’t at full capacity and the cashiers have some sort of plastic barrier, it could be an option. Talk to a doctor about it.

Touching the mask once you’ve been outside and your hands aren’t sanitized is not a good move. In the worst case scenario, your mask gets infected with the virus and it becomes the source of infection, rather than your protection from it.

2 Likes

Hey Y’all!

I’m currently pregnant with B/G twins (due any day now!) and I already have 5; [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] (8), [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_u]Jay[/name_u] (6) & [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Hallie[/name_f] & [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_u]Teagan[/name_u] (2).

Finding this times around tough partly due to stress I think but this will (probably) be my last pregnancy so I am enjoying when I can of it! It’s really helped to have something to look forward to and plan during this time and having [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] babies will end the year on a high. They will be my second [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] babies as my eldest son is born on [name_u]December[/name_u] 23rd so it’s one of the best times of the year already!

1 Like

@EmilyMcA Congratulations! I’m forever in awe of big families - and two sets of twins so close together!! You’re undoubtedly a Super Mama. Your children have beautiful names - have you settled on names for the two new bundles?

This thread fizzled a bit. I hope that everyone and their little ones are happy and healthy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes