A family name

My mother in law was talking about the name of her favorite great aunt her name was [name]Minnie[/name].

She loves the name, it wasn’t short for anything it was just [name]Minnie[/name].

I would like to use it either as a nn for a longer name or in the middle if we ever have another girl but I dont know if I’m brave enough.

Besides [name]Minerva[/name] and Wilhelminia, what is [name]Minnie[/name] a nn for? What would be a good first name for the middle name [name]Minnie[/name]

this is just for fun of course but it definitely got me thinking!

oh and p.s. [name]Minnie[/name]'s middle name was Serepta.

I know [name]Minnie[/name] was a nickname for [name]Mary[/name] previously.

Other than the two you mentioned, I’ve also heard it used for:

[name]Araminta[/name]
[name]Carmina[/name]
[name]Jasmine[/name]
[name]Yasmin[/name]/[name]Yasmina[/name]

Plus, of course [name]Minnie[/name] is sometimes just a nn for a little girl that sticks with her as she grows up, so you could use just about anything and just call her [name]Minnie[/name] too.

I love [name]Jessamine[/name] nn [name]Minnie[/name]. I also know an [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Mary[/name] nicknamed [name]Minnie[/name], so I guess it can work for any name.

I like the name [name]Jasmine[/name] with the nickname [name]Minnie[/name] from Holb’s suggestion. :smiley: That would be cute. I also think you could use any name though. [name]Minnie[/name] is adorable.

Could work for [name]Clementine[/name]. I think [name]Minnie[/name] is super-cute!

Could be short for my name…[name]Martina[/name]. Or maybe [name]Martine[/name](the french version of [name]Martina[/name]).