a few choices...

so…we are stuck…and here are our top choices:
silas
rory
everett
arlo

thoughts???
for the record our last name is two syllables and starts with an s.

thanks for your opinions. hubby is getting really tired of talking about this :wink:

So for me, there are two kinds of boys names. Names that sound adorable on a little boy, but you can’t quite picture them on a grown man. And names that suit a mature adult, but you can’t imagine for a sweet little baby. Personally. I prefer the second category, because I want names my child can grow into, and also, big names are actually adorable in little boys. For that reason, the only name I really like from your list is [name]Everett[/name]. The other names sound like perpetual children to me. [name]Everett[/name] Smithson is perfect!

I like [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Arlo[/name] best from your list. I would rule out [name]Silas[/name] since your last name starts with an S and the first and last names would run together. I would also cancel out [name]Rory[/name] since I hear that name more often on girls than boys. When I think of an [name]Everett[/name], I imagine a smart and serious person. I think of an [name]Arlo[/name] as being artsy with a dry sense of humor. Sometimes it helps to think of associations when choosing a name. [name]Everett[/name] was on our short list and my husband’s top pick, but the baby I’m carrying just seems too wild to be an [name]Everett[/name].

I like [name]Silas[/name], [name]Arlo[/name], [name]Rory[/name] and [name]Everett[/name] in that order. Your last name begins with “s” and has two syllables so [name]Silas[/name] would not be adequate. [name]Rory[/name] may be too unisex for some so I think I’ll give it a pass. [name]Everett[/name] is not my favourite from your list (too grandfatherly). That leaves [name]ARLO[/name], a name which is not too popular and looks kind of cool with the “o” ending (eg. [name]Orlando[/name], [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Theo[/name], [name]Leo[/name], [name]Milo[/name] etc…). I love these names. Good luck!

thanks for the opinions. hubby vetoes arlo and everett.
so we are back to silas or rory…and leaning more toward rory because of all the s’s with silas and our last name.

• if that poor child has a lisp they would be in big trouble :lol:

we are thinking of maybe rory alston - to honor a grandfather. that was his last name… thoughts?

I really like [name]Arlo[/name] and [name]Everett[/name] and they are on the list of names that I like. I am not a fan of [name]Silas[/name]. I like [name]Rory[/name] a lot, but it is used for girls too and I don’t like the gender neutral names (but that’s just my opinion).