A few questions and polls....is Peregrine too boyish?

I have been thinking my combo Peregrine Joy lately. I was wondering if Peregrine is too boyish, even though I would like to call her Penny (it’ll be up to her of course). So Peregrine Mae Joy? Or even better, Peregrine Silvie Joy to honor my sister! But Forest sort of honors her cause her name means Forest…it’s not bad though to have two honors for my only sister and Joy is an honor for one of my best friends, Joy. Thoughts?

Do I need Solange? Does it fit with some of my other names? Should I keep it as a miccle, use it as a first, or just keep it on my list and not in my user card?

Choose your favorite eight or nine!! The rest will stay in my list, just not in my user card.

• Avalon
  • Bernadette
  • Clover
  • Elodie
  • Faith
  • Lucy
  • Noella
  • Peregrine
  • Rosaline
  • Sibyl
  • Solange

0 voters

Favorite middles? Choose up to 5.

• Song
  • Fawn
  • Echo
  • Hero
  • Music
  • Forest
  • Rain

0 voters

Song, [name_f]Fawn[/name_f] and [name_u]Rain[/name_u] are my favorite middles! And yes, sorry, [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] has always seemed like a boy name to me.

1 Like

I think [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] is truly unisex. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites from your list are [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f].

1 Like

I love [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] on any gender! I especially think it’s cool on a girl!! [name_u]Penny[/name_u] is sweet, and definitely gives her a more feminine option if she wants in the future!
Out of your options, I really love [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]! It’s beautiful, and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] really balances out the more masculine sides of [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u].

I’m personally not a fan of [name_f]Solange[/name_f]. It just makes me think of [name_f]Solange[/name_f] Knowles, and is just too tied to her for me. If you love it though, I think you should keep it on your list!!

2 Likes

Thanks guys!

2 Likes

I really like [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] for boys and girls! It’s on both of my long lists. For girls, it brings to mind [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_m]Fisher[/name_m], who is the MC in the TV show Ms. [name_m]Fisher[/name_m]’s Modern Murder Mysteries (although I think that’s a rather niche association for Americans).

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] on both boys and girls! :blush:

I generally prefer [name_u]Forest[/name_u] on a boy but I think it would be nice on a girl too with the right combo like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_u]Forest[/name_u] Song :heart_eyes:

[name_f]Solange[/name_f] isn’t my style (although I’m not familiar with it and the pronounciation isn’t intuitive for me) but if you love it, then you should keep it

1 Like

“Miss [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u]’s Home for Peculiar Children”
[name_u]Novel[/name_u] by [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] [name_m]Riggs[/name_m]
They also made a movie based on the book. I always associate the name with a woman because of it but it does work as unisex and is better than naming the kid [name_u]Falcon[/name_u].

1 Like

Really not fond of [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] in general, but especially for a girl.

I do love [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f], [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Solange[/name_f], though.

For me, [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] does feel really masculine, but I feel like that’s because I’ve only ever known it to be used on boys. If I met a girl with the name, I may change my mind!

[name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_f]Silvie[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is lovely from your middle name options :slight_smile:

I love [name_f]Solange[/name_f], to be honest, it’s really lovely! From your poll, my favourites are [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f], [name_f]Avalon[/name_f], [name_f]Clover[/name_f], [name_f]Faith[/name_f], [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f], [name_f]Noella[/name_f] & [name_f]Solange[/name_f], and for middles I voted [name_u]Rain[/name_u], [name_f]Fawn[/name_f], [name_u]Forest[/name_u] & [name_u]Hero[/name_u] :slight_smile: