A first name to go with Ann

DH and I have been trying to decide on a girl name and have come up with a few options we like, but nothing really stands out. We both like the name [name]Ella[/name], but it is really important to us to use [name]Ann[/name] as the middle name and [name]Ella[/name] [name]Ann[/name] sounded a little bit to “[name]Bobbie[/name] [name]Sue[/name]”-ish to us. The other names DH likes are [name]Emma[/name], [name]Eva[/name], and [name]Ava[/name], none of which work with [name]Ann[/name] either.

Any suggestions for names in the same style (girly, not too unique, vintage sounding, maybe short, maybe with a vowell) that would work with [name]Ann[/name]?

Thanks!

It seems like you and your husband might like shorter / old fashioned names. What about?

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Ann[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Ann[/name]
[name]Leah[/name] [name]Ann[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Ann[/name]

Have you thought of using [name]Eliana[/name] or [name]Elianna[/name]? I think it’s a really pretty name, and you’d get a taste of both names ([name]Ella[/name] and [name]Ann[/name]) in one!

[name]Anneliese[/name] is another name that combines [name]Ann[/name] with the [name]El[/name] sound, as is [name]Annabelle[/name]/[name]Annabella[/name].

[name]Adeline[/name] [name]Ann[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Ann[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Ann[/name] (you can call her [name]Ella[/name])
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Ann[/name] (ditto)
[name]Eveline[/name] [name]Ann[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ann[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Ann[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Ann[/name] (although [name]Lily[/name] is quite popular)
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Ann[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Ann[/name]

With [name]Ann[/name] in the middle, I’d stay away from first names ending with A, which you are. :slight_smile:

Good luck!