A Game for Writers!

Oops, i almost forgot!
Next name: Jacin

Jacin nd [name_u]Sky[/name_u] were looking around, wondering if there was a chance that [name_f]Melody[/name_f] would show up for the meeting they were going to have about [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_m]Cross[/name_m].
As [name_f]Melody[/name_f] showed up, [name_u]Sky[/name_u] looked at her, and so did the rest of their friends.
“What took you so long?” asked Jacin. “We’ve been waiting.” [name_u]Sky[/name_u], [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_f]Diana[/name_f] nodded.
“Traffic,” [name_f]Melody[/name_f] said. [name_u]Sky[/name_u] shrugged, and they all talked about the mystery of [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_m]Cross[/name_m].
next name: [name_f]Luna[/name_f]

Jacin nd [name_u]Sky[/name_u] were looking around, wondering if there was a chance that [name_f]Melody[/name_f] would show up for the meeting they were going to have about [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_m]Cross[/name_m].
As [name_f]Melody[/name_f] showed up, [name_u]Sky[/name_u] looked at her, and so did the rest of their friends.
“What took you so long?” asked Jacin. “We’ve been waiting.” [name_u]Sky[/name_u], [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_f]Diana[/name_f] nodded.
“Traffic,” [name_f]Melody[/name_f] said. [name_u]Sky[/name_u] shrugged, and they all talked about the mystery of [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_m]Cross[/name_m].
next name: [name_f]Luna[/name_f]

[name_f]Luna[/name_f] looked up at the sky, and settled her gaze on the moon. The beauty she was named for. Her mother had told her why she was named that, there was a night as a child where it rained and flooded. The stars were tucked behind the angry clouds, her mother had said. One day, the moon shone through the rain, and guided her missing brother back home. Her mother had loved the moon. [name_f]Luna[/name_f] preferred the sun. She liked the daytime and playing with the other village children. They would run around playing tag, but in the moonlight, it was too dark. [name_f]Luna[/name_f] remembered her mother, who had died six years ago. No one really knew why. [name_f]Luna[/name_f] wished she was more like the moon. Brightening up the darkness, but she only seemed to make it dimmer. She had been lonely since that summer day when her mom died. Her father buried himself in village work, repairing houses and planting crops, and her sister [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] went and played with the other children her age. [name_f]Luna[/name_f] wanted a friend. Someone.

Next Name: [name_f]Clementina[/name_f]

[name_f]Caterina[/name_f] was a very beautiful woman. She always was told she should go into modeling instead of being a computer technician. Of course, [name_f]Caterina[/name_f] thought that was a load of garbage.She’d rather make an honest living than parade around in skimpy clothes.

Next name is [name_f]Ebony[/name_f]

The apple was placed in [name_f]Ebony[/name_f]'s dainty hands. Its skin was as red as her lips and as shiny as her nose. The old woman before her promised a wish if she took a bit of it, but [name_f]Ebony[/name_f] wondered if it was truly magic. She’d never heard of an apple granting a wish before.

“Go on, dear,” the woman urged. [name_f]Ebony[/name_f] glanced up at her. The woman seemed nice enough. Her cloak was a dark raven color, a bit too blue to match [name_f]Ebony[/name_f]'s own black hair. Her face was blemished, while [name_f]Ebony[/name_f]'s was as perfect as smooth porcelain. She was hunched over in age when [name_f]Ebony[/name_f] was at the height of her beauty and youth. As hard as she tried, [name_f]Ebony[/name_f] could not find any ill will hidden in the woman’s face.

With a deep breath, she made her wish and took a bite of the apple.

Next name: [name_u]Sasha[/name_u]

[name_u]Sasha[/name_u] looked around and noticed that someone was following her. She decided to walk faster so that the person following her would stop, and noticed her best friend, [name_u]Alex[/name_u], looking at her worriedly. She ran to him and told him that she needed help to get her stalker off her back. [name_u]Alex[/name_u] nodded and they ran together and found a good hiding place so that they won’t have to worry about her stalker anymore, but had a feeling that there was a chance that a lot of crazy stuff was going to happen from then on.
next name is [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f]

[name_f]Sapphire[/name_f] hit at the coal with her pickers, but it wouldn’t come loose. I shouldn’t be doing this, she thought. I’m not meant to be a coal miner.

Her father had been a coal miner like the generations before him. It was generally expected of all of the family’s men would be miners, and sometimes the women. [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f]'s family was poor, and her father work 16 hour days in the mines, 7 days per week. There was no time to be happy.

Her mother liked to tell stories. One day [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f]'s parents were in the coal mine when her mother was pregnant with [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f]. She saw a piece of blue in the sea of black and grey. [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f], her father said. On the day she was born [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f], had the eyes of [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f]. The same color. A deep blue.

[name_f]Sapphire[/name_f] was one of 15 children. They needed money, and the family figured the children could work, but they were still poor.

Until one day. She was working in the mines, when more blue appeared. [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f].

Next name: [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f]

[name_f]Evanthe[/name_f] woke with a start. The sunlight shone through the single window in her small room. She cursed under her breath. Late again! [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f] pulled on her favorite teal gown and hurried down the stairs to the kitchen. She slunk in through the back door, grabbed two muffins and an apple off the table, and was turning to leave again when she was stopped by a solid force of nature: [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], the cook.

“[name_f]Evanthe[/name_f]! Good to see you, girl. Slept in again, I see. Hmph. Well, try to wake up earlier next time.”

“I try, [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]. Have you seen Lady [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f]? I’ve been looking for her.”

“Can’t say I have. Well, be off with you. I’m sure you’ve got work to do, and I know I have.”

[name_f]Evanthe[/name_f] waved at [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] and headed off into the warm [name_u]July[/name_u] morning. She checked her basket to make sure everything was there: blanket, food, two flasks of water. Good. She glanced around furtively, and then ran for the woods behind the manor house. Once she made it to the cover of the trees, she was able to walk leisurely through the beautiful forest. [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f] smiled at the birds humming their songs as she followed the creek to her and [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]'s secret clearing. She entered the clearing, and spotted [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] immediately, in a pale green gown, staring up at the sky. [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f] joined her on the blanket.

“[name_f]Rosie[/name_f], I brought food. We can stay out here as long as we like.”

“Darling [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f], you know I’d love to stay, but unfortunately Father has decided I must learn to manage the estate, and he’s decided to do so now. He’s taking away my freedom, [name_f]Evie[/name_f]! I came out here to enjoy what precious freedom I have left, and to think on my options. Oh! And Father said that he’s going to marry me off to some old codger.” [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]'s nose crinkled. “Anyway, I’m glad I at least have you, my loyal friend and lady’s maid. You will do what I ask. You can manage a dinner party or poison my future husband’s dinner.” Her dark eyes glinted and [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f] wasn’t sure if [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] was joking or not. Knowing [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], probably not. [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f] smiled slightly.

“I would do that for you.”

“I knew you would. Thank you, [name_f]Evie[/name_f].”

[name_f]Evanthe[/name_f] felt a pang. [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] would grow old, and forget [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f], her childhood friend. She would bear children, get married, leave [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f] behind. [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f] wasn’t sure she could handle it if she did. [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] might think that the world revolved around her, but [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f] knew better. Life wasn’t fair. She knew that, but [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] didn’t. What would she do in the real world?

[name_m]New[/name_m] name: [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]

[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] looked around the [name_f]Misty[/name_f] [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] hotel with her friends and noticed that there was a note. She picked it up and they all looked at it, surprised.
“It looks like a threatening note,” said [name_f]Kate[/name_f]. “And it seems to be in [name_m]Victor[/name_m]'s handwriting.” [name_m]Marcus[/name_m], [name_m]Luke[/name_m], [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] and the twins [name_u]Sam[/name_u] and [name_u]Blake[/name_u] nodded.
“Yeah, it is,” said [name_u]Blake[/name_u]. “I wonder if he has anything to do with the death of [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] Storms.” The gang looked at her and nodded.
“I wouldn’t be surprised if he did,” [name_m]Marcus[/name_m] said. “He did say that he wanted the hotel to himself, after all.” Everyone nodded to what was said.
“I’m sure it’s a giveaway, though [name_f]Laura[/name_f] could have something to do with it, too, since she never liked [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] anyway,” [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] said. “And she seemed to not care that [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] was dead.” Everyone nodded to what [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] said and continued looking for clues.
next name is [name_u]Jordan[/name_u]

[name_u]Jordan[/name_u] was good at a lot of things. Unfortunately school wasn’t one of them. He hoped his baseball skills would be enough to secure a decent income, but that was unlikely. He really needed to find a study method that worked.

Next is [name_f]Saffron[/name_f]

[name_f]Saffron[/name_f] was waiting with [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] for [name_f]Katie[/name_f] to show up. However, when she got the call, it didn’t sound good.
“What happened?” [name_f]Saffron[/name_f] asked. [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] sighed on the other line.
“[name_f]Katie[/name_f]'s missing,” [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] told her. “We have to find her or who knows what’ll happen.” [name_f]Saffron[/name_f] looked at [name_u]Lisa[/name_u], scared. That wasn’t good.
“We have to tell the others about this,” said [name_f]Saffron[/name_f]. “They should know.” [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] had to agree with what [name_f]Saffron[/name_f] said as well as [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] and replied back.
“You’re right, [name_f]Saffron[/name_f],” agreed [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]. “[name_m]Zack[/name_m], [name_f]Melanie[/name_f], [name_m]Jake[/name_m], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], and [name_m]Bryan[/name_m] should know.” [name_f]Saffron[/name_f] hung up and looked at [name_u]Lisa[/name_u], scared. They had to find their friend before it was too late, even though they didn’t know how.

[name_f]Saffron[/name_f] was waiting with [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] for [name_f]Katie[/name_f] to show up. However, when she got the call, it didn’t sound good.
“What happened?” [name_f]Saffron[/name_f] asked. [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] sighed on the other line.
“[name_f]Katie[/name_f]'s missing,” [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] told her. “We have to find her or who knows what’ll happen.” [name_f]Saffron[/name_f] looked at [name_u]Lisa[/name_u], scared. That wasn’t good.
“We have to tell the others about this,” said [name_f]Saffron[/name_f]. “They should know.” [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] had to agree with what [name_f]Saffron[/name_f] said as well as [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] and replied back.
“You’re right, [name_f]Saffron[/name_f],” agreed [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]. “[name_m]Zack[/name_m], [name_f]Melanie[/name_f], [name_m]Jake[/name_m], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], and [name_m]Bryan[/name_m] should know.” [name_f]Saffron[/name_f] hung up and looked at [name_u]Lisa[/name_u], scared. They had to find their friend before it was too late, even though they didn’t know how.

Last person didn’t post a new name, so

[name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f]

[name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] heaved a sigh as she stood up from her cozy spot underneath the seeping branches of the weeping willow; she had found this little paradise with her Grandma [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] when she was three years old.
She would often visit this place when she was feeling down or just missed her grandma; she’d been under there for at least two hours, she had just found out that her parents were planning to move the entire family across the country because her mom got a job promotion.
It just wasn’t fair; she didn’t want to leave her whole life behind. She couldn’t say goodbye to all of her friends and family that lived in the small town she grew up in.
She emerged from the leafy canopy and shook out her long golden hair. [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] returned to the path that brought her here and headed home; she had to think of a plan, something, anything that would keep her parents from tearing her childhood from her.

This isn’t very good, it’s the first time I’ve ever actually wrote something. Next name is [name_u]Blair[/name_u].

[name_u]Blair[/name_u] a champion horse racer. She has a natural talent for sensing the horse’s emotions and knew when to push them and when to let up. One day, she got into an accident and was paralyzed. What was she going to do? Riding was her life!

Next is [name_u]River/name_u

[name_u]River[/name_u] could hear her mom calling for her from within the old barn that was located across the meadow from the wrap-around porch that she was sat on. [name_u]River[/name_u] quickly scrambled to her feet and took off toward the barn. She knew she’d be in trouble; she was supposed to be helping her mom feed and groom their two horses, Asgard and Judo.
[name_u]River[/name_u] had always been a very free spirit and a little rebellious; she’d once died her hair rainbow just because her best friend dared her to. Her slight rebelliousness had never really caused any problems between her mother and herself until recently. [name_u]River[/name_u], being 17 years old, wanted her mom to realize she was almost an adult and she was mature enough that she could make her own decisions; her mom, however, wasn’t quite ready to let her go yet.

I’m sorry, this was really bad. I ran out of ideas half way through. Next name: [name_u]Camden[/name_u]

[name_u]Camden[/name_u]. My name is a memory—the last whisper of a fallen kingdom. Though it’s been over a hundred years, every time the word passes over someone’s lips, the atmosphere suddenly becomes tense. Faces tighten, eyes sweep the cobblestone, and smiles die. When I walk through the marketplace, I hear a symphony of voices calling the names of loved ones. Normal, cheerful names derived from flowers, jewels, and honorable grandmothers. I once complained to my mother about my name; I wanted to have a beautiful name like the girls in my class. Sitting me on her knee, my mother gazed out the window at the famous ruins of [name_u]Camden[/name_u] Castle.

“It is beautiful.” She spoke in a faraway voice. “In its own way. One day you’ll see it.”

My mother has long since passed. Now, as an esteemed historian, I see beauty in my memory of a name.

Next name: [name_f]Alessandra[/name_f]

He was standing in the clearing of a forest. Trees of strange shapes and sizes surrounded him and the moon, so big it seemed to cover most of the sky, shone high above him. Only the sound of the passing wind and, maybe, the howling of a distant wolf kept him company. He would have felt much more at ease if it hadn’t been for the cold.
The sudden snap of a breaking branch forced him out of his thoughts and prompted him to turn around. He saw nothing for awhile. Then, in the darkness, he saw a pair of shining stars. Only they weren’t stars- they were a pair of eyes. Eyes so pale, so clear, so bright, it seemed God had taken two stars from sky and placed them on her (because he knew they could only be a woman’s) face.
The eyes came closer, and on the edge of the clearing then stood a woman. He hadn’t seen such beauty before. Her hair was made of flames. Her skin, pure ivory. Her smile was a moon beam ray and her teeth looked like pearls stolen from the sea. For a time, he lost his breath. Then he said, in a barely audible mumble:
“What’s your name?”
“[name_f]Alessandra[/name_f],” she answered
He walked towards her, and so did she. Then they lost themselves in an embrace of longing and love, in a kiss of passion and desire. He no longer felt cold. [name_m]How[/name_m] could he, wrapped around the arms of [name_f]Alessandra[/name_f]? He felt all the warmth of her love and wished he could stay there forever.
But the warmth started to rise. He started to feel not warm, but hot. Hot then turned into the feeling of burning. He still wanted to hold [name_f]Alessandra[/name_f], and when he felt her slip away from his arms, he reached for her again. He found himself holding smoke.
He looked around to see the ground, the trees, himself, covered in fire. Flames crept up and burnt everything around him, ashes covered the ground and smoke clouded the air. He yelled [name_f]Alessandra[/name_f]’s name as he saw her eyes shining in the sky. He kept yelling her name as the flames burnt him. He kept yelling her name as he fell deeper into the darkness. He kept yelling her name even as he felt air become scarce

The patient was lying on his bed. His delusions seemed to have stopped, but his fever still hadn’t gone down. He kept whispering that name between his short, fast breaths, as if his life depended on it, as if all his willpower and strength were hidden between its letters.
“Is he getting any better, doctor?,” the nurse asked.
“Not at all,” the doctor said. “He won’t make it through the night”

Sorry for the long story! I’m much more of a story teller than a writer, so if you could give me comment about it I’d really appreciate it. Next name is [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]

“[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] was my grandfather’s name. Isn’t it a little strange for a girl
?”

“No,” [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] snapped. “Look, can I work here or not?”

The man behind the counter took his feet off the desk and allowed his chair to fall back on all four of its legs. The dark stubble on his chin made a sand papery noise as he rubbed at it, pacing around the hardwood desk and past [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], over to a door on the opposite end of the room. He rifled inside for a moment before producing a ragged grey mop and a dented metal bucket out from the darkness. He presented them both to [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] with all the gusto one might expect from a minimum wage worker who now had another person to pass off the chores to.

“This mop and this bucket are now your best friends. It’s best you get acquainted with the broom and the Windex as well, because you’ll be taking care of all of the cleaning so long as you stay here. This lobby is going to look like a hall of mirrors, it’ll be so shiny. Got it?”

“Got it.” [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] nodded, half shocked he was actually humouring her request, and half relieved that she now had a place with a roof overhead to stay.

His curiously pale eyes bored into hers for a long moment before he batted his eyes and his brow went soft. He slapped a hand on her shoulder, giving it a light shake.

“You’ll do just fine. Since my heart’s not made of stone, I can’t possibly expect you to clean this great big building all by yourself. Don’t worry about the basement.” His hand feathered off, and he turned, returning to his keep behind the desk. He rustled through a drawer before producing a key. It looked more like somebody’s house key; nothing like the door cards used by every other hotel [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] had ever been in. He slid it across the desk to her, giving a smile that would fool even the most hardened customer service worker. “You’ll find your room on the third floor. Enjoy your stay at [name_u]Les[/name_u] Paradis Hotel.”

“Thank you.” [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] pocketed the key.

She glanced around the lobby, wondering where she should start first. Glancing back at the man, he answered without even looking up from book he had returned to, “You can start by mopping the dining room before dinner. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t lose that key, because I don’t have a copy. My name’s [name_u]Addison[/name_u], by the way.”

“Isn’t [name_u]Addison[/name_u] a little strange for a boy?” [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] mocked his earlier words, a smile edging at the corners of her lips.

He cast her a narrow-eyed look over the top of his book.

“Touché  Now out of my sight.” He pointed her the direction he wanted her to go, down the large hallway that would take her to the heart of the building, [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] could assume.

[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] took the suggestion and started off down the main corridor. Before she could manage to get completely out of earshot, she heard [name_u]Addison[/name_u] call out, “And if you get scared at night, staying in a room all by yourself, don’t come crying to me, you hear?!”

Shaking her head with a little grin, [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] took in the layout of her new home and workplace. The farther away from the lobby she got, the words to Hotel [name_u]California[/name_u] became clearer to her, albeit they struggled to cut through static interference. The song seemed to be flitting around the hotel, from room to room like a bird trapped indoors. Sometimes it was so loud and clear, it felt like she could be back in the backseat of her dad’s pickup. Other times, it was just a distant echo, and then it would crackle out into silence, leaving only the patter of her own footsteps against the bone white tiles and the rustle of her bucket as she moved.

[name_u]Dusty[/name_u] fake calla lilies decorated dusty end tables— something she would have to clean eventually, she noted. The only similarities shared by any of the art displayed were the gilded frames that encased each of them. Between a painting of a hunting scene that [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] could swear she had seen somewhere before, and a folksy mountain and meadow landscape acrylic, the name of the hotel sprawled across the wall in flaking gold paint. At some point, somebody had tried their best to repaint the walls, although to little avail. In spite of the thin white coating and the flashy gold sign painted over it, [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] could still make out the faint lettering underneath— Rosewood Sanatorium.

Next: [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]