A girl named Indi..

What do you berries think of the name [name]Indi[/name]? What do you think a girl with this name would be like?

I love this name as an alternative to the very popular [name]India[/name].

I like it very much, but I know I would want a more complete name to go with it. It just sounds like a nickname to me. [name]Indigo[/name] is the obvious choice, but could easily be nn for [name]Rosalind[/name] or [name]Lucinda[/name] or something along those lines :wink:

I love [name]Indi[/name], but I love it best as a nickname for [name]India[/name]/[name]Indigo[/name]/[name]Indiana[/name].

I don’t know where you live, but in my area [name]India[/name] is not popular at all, actually it’s not even on the top 1000 of the SSA list!

I’m not a fan of it.

I would prefer it spelled [name]Indie[/name], [name]Indi[/name] looks incomplete.

I think [name]Indi/name is a cool nickname for a boy or girl. If I didn’t love [name]Isaac[/name] so much I’d consider [name]Indiana[/name] a little bit more. I love [name]India[/name] on a girl too and I didn’t realise it was that popular?!

I too really love the name [name]India[/name]! I’m not sure it is really that popular in the real world, even though it comes up quite a lot on here. [name]Indi[/name] would certainly be a cute nn but I agree with others that it doesn’t feel complete on it’s own. =]

I love it, and immediately thought of it as a nn for [name]Indigo[/name].

I really like [name]Indi[/name]! I babysit a little girl named [name]Indee[/name] who is adorable. But I do prefer longer versions of [name]Indi[/name]. My favorite would be [name]Indigo[/name].

Good luck :slight_smile:

I also feel as if its a nic name to something larger. My friend has a granddaughter named Indali and they call her “[name]Indie[/name]” for short which is cute. [name]India[/name] is not popular at all where I live, I know a little girl who has it as her middle name and an online friend who has an [name]India[/name] as a dd’s first name but that is it.

[name]Indira[/name] has been in my top 5 for a long time with the nn [name]Indi[/name]/[name]Indy[/name]. I think the [name]Indi[/name] part is very tomboy and adventurous in sound - can’t really separate it from [name]Indiana[/name] [name]Jones[/name] in my head.

My cousin used [name]Indi[/name] for her first daughter…[name]Just[/name] [name]Indi[/name]…Its beautiful and her little girl is gorgeous!