A girl named Rhylie

[name]Just[/name] finished reading an article about a six year-old girl named “Rhylie” who’s doing a donation drive to raise school supplies… and I just couldn’t get passed the way the parent’s decided to spell the name

What do you think - over the top, or fun and creative :?:

Over the top for sure!
I think [name]Riley[/name] is the only spelling I like!
I know a Riali, pronounced [name]Riley[/name]!

i really like the spelling but like [name]Riley[/name] better. [name]Rylie[/name] or Rhylie seem more feminim to me.

I like it. I’ve never seen it spelled that way. I’ve seen [name]Rylee[/name], [name]Reilly[/name], [name]Riley[/name] and [name]Ryleigh[/name] (which is DDs middle name).

Some spellings of names are rediculous, but some don’t look so bad.

Yeah…I do not like it. [name]Riley[/name] is a perfectly good name and spelling.

Is it me or is it kind of sad that people can’t get passed the child’s name when she is a SIX YEAR OLD holding a DONATION DRIVE FOR SCHOOL SUPPLIES?

Is it me or is it kind of sad that people can’t get passed the child’s name when she is a SIX YEAR OLD holding a DONATION DRIVE FOR SCHOOL SUPPLIES?[/quote]

Actually, I do find it sad that I am so hung up on the spelling of the name that I have a hard time getting to the “meat” of the story. However, there really isn’t much “meat” there. Her mom “helped” organize it and is letting her daughter “take charge” (and credit). It’s a worthy cause, but I see many children out there doing the same or more. And, to me personally, I do wonder what the parents were thinking when they came up with that spelling… and then I wonder more and more about me getting so hung up on names :wink: