A good fit with his siblings

[name]Hi[/name] everyone,

We are due with our fourth child (third son) in [name]December[/name]. We always found boys’ names quite hard and I had our daughter’s name picked pregnant with number 1. I would llike to give our next son a name that fits well with his brother’s and sister’s names too.

Our children’s names are: [name]Frazer[/name] (son), [name]Clayton[/name] (son) and [name]Harper[/name] (daughter)

In no particular order boys’ names we like:

[name]August[/name]
[name]Reid[/name]
[name]Hunter[/name]
[name]Easton[/name]
[name]Rafferty[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name] (maybe too popular)
[name]Cole[/name] (family name)

We were thinking the middle name will be after my brother, his name is [name]RENO[/name]. Although my Mum suggested using my name ([name]LANE[/name]) as the mn as it is technically a boys’ name. I was a little worried that he’ll grow up wondering why he has his Mummy’s name…What do you think?

Thanks heaps for your help :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]August[/name]: I really love this name, but I think that some of the others on your list are more in line with your kids’ names. (I can see [name]August[/name] as a sibling to [name]Frazer[/name], but less so to [name]Clayton[/name] and [name]Harper[/name].) I do love it though! :slight_smile:

[name]Reid[/name]: I think it’s perfect with [name]Frazer[/name], [name]Clayton[/name], and [name]Harper[/name]!

[name]Hunter[/name]: I think it’s too similar to [name]Harper[/name], with the H beginning and er ending.

[name]Easton[/name]: I prefer some of the other names on your list…

[name]Rafferty[/name]: I think this is really handsome, and I can definitely see it with your kids’ names.

[name]Hudson[/name] (maybe too popular): It’s #176 now, but I can definitely see it becoming more popular.

[name]Cole[/name] (family name): [name]Cole[/name] is really popular now, clocking in at #84 at the moment. ([name]Edit[/name]: I listed the U.S. popularity, and I’m guessing you’re in the U.K. due to the “mum” reference.)

From your list I’m voting for [name]Reid[/name], although I don’t think it works with the middle names you’re considering, [name]Reno[/name] or [name]Lane[/name].

I don’t think that using your name in the middle would be a problem, but if it bothers you, that’s what counts.

Some more names you may like:

[name]Anderson[/name] [name]Lane[/name] (the -son is kind of close to [name]Clayton[/name]'s ending, though)
[name]Abbott[/name] [name]Reno[/name] (nn [name]Abe[/name])
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name] [name]Reno[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Lane[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name] [name]Reno[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Wilson[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Reid[/name] too.

Where we live there is a saying '[name]Rafferty[/name]‘s Rules’ which indicates a kind of mayhem so while it may have a rakish twist to it I wouldn’t use it.

[name]Frazer[/name] (son), [name]Clayton[/name] (son) and [name]Harper[/name] (daughter) and:
[name]August[/name]- like the name but dont think it goes with your others kids names
[name]Reid[/name]- same as above imo
[name]Hunter[/name]- Goes well with others
[name]Easton[/name]- Same but not really my style but if you like it go with it:)
[name]Rafferty[/name]- Yay! One of my faves really love this name
[name]Hudson[/name] - becoming popular but if you really like it who cares
[name]Cole[/name] - maybe as a middle name?

[name]Lane[/name] would be a good middle name he will no doubt like it when he’s older, names that honour someone important is cool, [name]Lane[/name] to me doesnt sound too feminine either and can work for a boys name .

Heres a few suggests,
Adler
[name]Baxter[/name]
[name]Bailey[/name]
[name]Blair[/name]
[name]Bolton[/name]
[name]Boyd[/name]
[name]Byron[/name]
[name]Chester[/name]
[name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Corey[/name]
[name]Denver[/name]
[name]Logan[/name]
[name]Mackenzie[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name]
[name]Porter[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name] or [name]Tyler[/name]
[name]Wilson[/name]

[name]August[/name] [name]Lane[/name] or [name]Hudson[/name] [name]Reno[/name]. I think using [name]Lane[/name] is a great idea! I know of girls who have their father’s name (or variations of it) and boys who have their mothers. Why not?

[name]Frazer[/name], [name]Clayton[/name], [name]Harper[/name] and

[name]Hudson[/name] - I agree that [name]Hudson[/name] and [name]Harper[/name] might be to close all though I love the name [name]Hudson[/name].
[name]Reid[/name] - does work very well.
[name]Easton[/name] - I like this name but feel that [name]Weston[/name] would work better with your other childrens names.
[name]Cole[/name] - is a bit short. What about [name]Colin[/name] or [name]Coleman[/name].

I love the names that have been suggested.

Let see [name]Frazer[/name], [name]Clayton[/name], [name]Harper[/name] and

[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Barrett[/name]
[name]Chandler[/name]
[name]Channing[/name]
[name]Dorian[/name]
[name]Dryden[/name]
[name]Emerson[/name]
[name]Granger[/name]
[name]Jarrett[/name]
[name]Keaton[/name]
[name]Larson[/name]
[name]Mason[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name] or [name]Ronin[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Sutton[/name] or Sutter
[name]Trenton[/name]

[name]Hunter[/name] [name]Layne[/name]? or [name]Reno[/name] [name]Layne[/name] :slight_smile: I think either of these names would really go well with the other siblings names

I’m sorry but…[name]Rafferty[/name] ?? doesn’t go well in my opinion

[name]Easton[/name] [name]Reno[/name]? or my fave, [name]Riordan[/name] [name]Reno[/name]. So you can call him [name]Reid[/name]

I love your choices!

I recently met a 4 yr old with the name [name]August[/name] and it’s really stuck in my mind, i just love saying it!

[name]Reid[/name] is cute but maybe a little dated like [name]Blake[/name] or [name]Ethan[/name].

[name]Hunter[/name] is too similar to [name]Harper[/name] I think.

[name]Easton[/name] is cool and very unique.

[name]Rafferty[/name] is cute but will probably be shortened to [name]Raff[/name] which isn’t the best.

[name]Hudson[/name] is getting way too popular and does sound too similar to [name]Harper[/name].

[name]Cole[/name] is very cute

I think [name]Reno[/name] is a great middle name but [name]Lane[/name] works too.

[quote=“four4me”][name]Hi[/name] everyone,

Our children’s names are: [name]Frazer[/name] (son), [name]Clayton[/name] (son) and [name]Harper[/name] (daughter) - [name]Love[/name] your kids’ names!

In no particular order boys’ names we like:

[name]August[/name] - feels different than the other names. What about [name]Ansel[/name]?
[name]Reid[/name] - my fave on your list.
[name]Hunter[/name] - too much like [name]Harper[/name].
[name]Easton[/name] - I don’t like it that much, sorry.
[name]Rafferty[/name] - love it!
[name]Hudson[/name] (maybe too popular) - yeah, but it’s great!
[name]Cole[/name] (family name) - I love [name]Cole[/name], but it is so popular.

We were thinking the middle name will be after my brother, his name is [name]RENO[/name]. - love [name]Reno[/name]!

Although my Mum suggested using my name ([name]LANE[/name]) as the mn as it is technically a boys’ name. I was a little worried that he’ll grow up wondering why he has his Mummy’s name…What do you think?

• For me, [name]Lane[/name] seems really feminine, but I think you might live in [name]England[/name] where things are different.

More ideas:
(I will put [name]Reno[/name] and [name]Lane[/name] with the names that I think sound good with them.)

[name]Frazer[/name], [name]Clayton[/name], [name]Harper[/name] and…

[name]Alfred[/name] [name]Lane[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name] [name]Lane[/name]
[name]Bernard[/name] [name]Lane[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
Digory [name]Lane[/name]
[name]Edwin[/name] [name]Lane[/name]
[name]Ewan[/name] [name]Reno[/name]
Gomez [name]Reno[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Grayson[/name] [name]Lane[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name] [name]Lane[/name]
[name]Indio[/name] [name]Lane[/name]
[name]Jethro[/name] [name]Lane[/name]
[name]Jules[/name] [name]Reno[/name]
[name]Laszlo[/name]
[name]Lazarus[/name] [name]Reno[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name]
[name]Lionel[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name] [name]Lane[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Reno[/name]
[name]Moses[/name] [name]Lane[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Lane[/name]
[name]Otis[/name] [name]Lane[/name]
[name]Rufus[/name] [name]Reno[/name]
[name]Stellan[/name] [name]Reno[/name]
[name]Trevor[/name] [name]Lane[/name]
[name]Wilfred[/name] [name]Lane[/name]
[name]Victor[/name] [name]Lane[/name]
[name]Zane[/name] [name]Reno[/name]

Wow!! Thanks for all the fantastic sugguestions everyone :-).

Sorry, I forgot to note that I’m in Australia too. The name [name]Hudson[/name] has been struck off the list, there is an explosion of that name over here at the moment. I checked our top 100 names here and [name]Hunter[/name] and [name]Hudson[/name] are in the top 100.

[name]August[/name] is different and still masculine, but [name]Reid[/name] or [name]Rafferty[/name] is a better fit with the other kid’s names. Thankfully, I’ve put together an even longer list of ‘new nameberry names’ for hubby to consider.

Still considering the mn, at this stage I’m leaning more towards my brother’s name [name]Reno[/name] as it’s rather unique and definately manly.

Thanks again to everyone for taking the time to help out…boys’ names are tough!

Best wishes all, [name]Lane[/name] :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help. [name]Just[/name] curious, was [name]August[/name] a little boy or girl?

I mentioned this name to a close friend who’s been told to keep her lips zipped, but she said it’s a little too girly. I disagreed, what do you think? [name]Lane[/name] :slight_smile:

I think [name]August[/name] is a boys names. The only nn I could come up with was [name]Augie[/name] and I don’t see that on a girl at all. What about [name]Rafe[/name] as a nn to [name]Rafferty[/name]? All though [name]Rafferty[/name] is great on it’s own.

What about [name]Anson[/name]?

I like [name]August[/name] and it is a male name, but I don’t feel it fits with the other childrens names.
I like [name]Reid[/name] and [name]Rafferty[/name]. Here are some more ideas.
[name]Drake[/name]
[name]Dawson[/name]
[name]Davis[/name]
[name]Weston[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Larson[/name]
[name]Quin[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Harris[/name]

[name]August[/name] is a little boy I know. It sounds very boyish and strong to me.

I like [name]August[/name], and as someone suggested prior: [name]Auden[/name]. But so many would work.

I mainly just wanted to say I think it’s a really GREAT idea to use [name]Lane[/name] as the middle name. Your son might think it’s strange for a period of time (adolescence, I’m thinking) but will probably love that you share a name when he’s young and when he’s old. It’s neat you can do that.