A, J and Hermione?

I know I’m posting every day again but after testing what feels like hundreds of names with DH after he decided against [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] (which I LOVED :sob:), he only liked:
[name_u]Holly[/name_u]
[name_f]Athena[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_u]Jean[/name_u]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_u]Sydney[/name_u]

Then today he said he likes [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]! I never would have thought. I know it’s very [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] but neither of us worry about that. We see it as a plus. We’re not even pregnant yet, but I’m still happy to find something we agree on because I just wasn’t 100% in love with any of the others.
So [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] and [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]? Does it work ok?
Opinions? Thoughts? I really like the nn [name_f]Mina[/name_f] and I’ve heard that suggested before for [name_f]Hermione[/name_f].
I am still very surprised this one got an okay. :grin:

4 Likes

All three names sound great together! They all give me very classic yet cool, British vibes! [name_f]Mina[/name_f] is so sweet!

3 Likes

I LOVE it! It’s my favourite on your list, actually, although I think [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Bridget[/name_f] and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] would be fantastic with your boys’ names too.

It’s a really smart, interesting, powerful name with great namesakes, and it makes a lovely, unexpected but very natural, addition to your set!

2 Likes

Hermione is fabulous, especially with big brothers’ names! I think the [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] association, while prominent, is positive.

2 Likes

@katinka @jonquils yes, I still like [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Belle[/name_f] too. But [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is pretty popular where I am and I worry [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] will just end up [name_f]Jenny[/name_f]. :cry: I’m still open to a lot of the names but I’m just really crushing on [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] right now!

3 Likes

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] could also be shortened to [name_f]Eve[/name_f] or [name_f]Vivi[/name_f]! I didn’t even consider [name_f]Jenny[/name_f] as a go-to nn option!

2 Likes

This is very true and I love those nns. :blush: The first thing he said was [name_f]Jenny[/name_f] for short which made me question it.

1 Like

How exciting!! I think [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] goes great with your sons’ names! [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] is certainly unexpected as a follow-up, but in terms of flow and style I actually think they solidify the sibset and [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] really pulls out the romanticism of A and J.

2 Likes

I agree, [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] works perfectly with your boys names! It’s a beautiful, underrated choice, and honestly, the [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] character is a pretty cool one to share your name with! :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I really like it! It’s a lovely strong name that works perfectly with your boys. :heart: I like [name_f]Athena[/name_f], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], and [name_f]Bridget[/name_f], but [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] is really excellent.

2 Likes

Hermione goes so well with her brothers’ names! And it gives me a very [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] vibe. [name_f]My[/name_f] other favourites from your list are [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Belle[/name_f], and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] (they always wind up on my own lists, I just love them).You have some great options here!

3 Likes

I love it! [name_f]Belle[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] would be perfect too. I like [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Hermione[/name_f].

2 Likes

So I LOVE [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]. Definitely [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]-y but a strong name on it’s own as well. It’s a little different from your boys’ names but still definitely fits in your sibset ([name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is after all another HP character :wink: ) I think [name_f]Mina[/name_f] can be a nickname as well as [name_f]Hera[/name_f], [name_f]Mona[/name_f], [name_f]Minnie[/name_f], & [name_f]Myna[/name_f].

Of your other names I really like [name_f]Athena[/name_f] and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]. Some combos:
[name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] (might be too much as I believe this is her full name in the books though it is very pretty)

2 Likes

Yes somehow [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] definitely still gives me a similar vibe as [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]!

1 Like

[name_f]Hermione[/name_f] is cool! It’s literary and unexpected and [name_f]Mina[/name_f] is such a cute nickname and it shares the vintage charm of A and J

2 Likes

Yes I do like [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] but I could never use it because it is her middle name too :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah I figure it would be off the table! I like [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] (calls back a [name_u]Winter[/name_u]’s Tale the [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] play featuring [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Hermione[/name_f])

1 Like

I really like that combo too! We would probably use [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] though because it honors the grandmas and we gave our boys honor middles. [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is so beautiful though!

1 Like

[name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] is gorgeous and stately and I think would go great with your boys! I’m rooting for this pick though all of your options are good :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] with your sons’ names is just gorgeous. [name_m]Just[/name_m] one point re [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] - I know a couple and not one has ever been called [name_f]Jenny[/name_f]. One is called [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] often and the other is either just [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] or occasionally [name_f]Gen[/name_f]. But anyway, I much prefer [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] :slight_smile:

2 Likes