A Jonquils Baby

If you had full control over the combo, what would you name my first daughter, and why? I’m very curious to see what names you all come up with!

1 Like

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] Hallelujah, for all the reasons you told before.

4 Likes

Ooh, this is tough!

I think I’d go with [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] or [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] [name_u]Glow[/name_u]

2 Likes

from your UC or just from our head? x

1 Like

Either! (Or both!)

2 Likes

okay so from the top of my head something like [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] [name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f] True
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f] meaning ‘my god has answered’
[name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f] meaning ‘marvellous’
and then [name_u]True[/name_u] meaning well ‘truth’ :joy:

‘[name_f]My[/name_f] god has answered with the marvellous truth’
because your meanings are always so special.

From your UC [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Remember[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u] :heart:

3 Likes

Hallelujah [name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Remember[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u], or [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f] [name_u]Glow[/name_u]

1 Like

Like a few others have said, for your first I’d probably name them [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f], though I’m still personally hooked on [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] Seawillow.

3 Likes

If I was just using names I know you love, [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] Deliverance. If I was being a bit more realistic, first name [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] with either [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] or Deliverance as a middle.

1 Like

Honestly, I can’t imagine a Jonquils baby not named [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f]!

Hallelujah [name_f]Liv[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] are the names I most associate with you. So maybe [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] for the best of both?

3 Likes

Knowing your combos, I’d go with [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Remember[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u].

Off the top of my head… [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] Seawillow

From your UC, [name_f]Florence[/name_f] Remedy or [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_u]Fable[/name_u]

Just in general, [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f] Remedy or [name_f]Mary[/name_f] Deliverance.

Agreeing with pps, [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] is VERY @jonquils

Liv [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f]

Liv because it’s a pretty delicate choice which is old Norse means ‘shelter’ and ‘protection’ in modern day Danish, Norwegian and Swedish means ‘life’ so just feels perfect with your beloved [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f]. I think the whole combination is so perfect for you and represents your faith wonderfully. Anyways love [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] for you

3 Likes

Lucy [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f]! It combines the two most “Jonquils” names!

1 Like

Lucy [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f]

(there may not be more than one so you must use both of these favorites straight out the gate. Also I love the echoing lu syllable. I would personally call her [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] but I don’t know if you would).

If I have full control and I’m being selfish with my inordinate power:
Take my

Truth [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] Melpomène, “[name_f]Ruthie[/name_f]”

(“celebrating with song the most holy truth”) because I probably won’t use it (SO is not coming around to [name_u]Truth[/name_u] anytime soon, despite RBG’s passing…).

2 Likes

Lucy [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] (I have to agree w/ the others on this one)
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f] [name_u]Larkspur[/name_u] (I love @MargotAbeline’s suggestion of [name_f]Eliana[/name_f])
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_u]Snow[/name_u]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] Seawillow
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] Mayflower

I love this suggestion as well.

1 Like

Lucy [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f].

+1

This feels like the perfect compromise-without-really-being-a-compromise-at-all choice for you. You get to use two of your very favourite names, full of personal meaning, with a classic, super-versatile name up front and an amazing hidden gem in the middle.

If I were feeling extravagant, I might even add a second middle: [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] [name_f]Praise[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] [name_u]Peace[/name_u], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] [name_f]Glory[/name_f], etc.

2 Likes

Lucy [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] or [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f]

Jemima [name_f]Praise[/name_f] :heart_eyes:

It was the first name which popped into my head and I think your naming style is religious meets little house on the prairie lol.