A Little Girl Name Hillary in 2020

What are your thoughts when you hear a mom in a playground calling for her daughter named [name_u]Hillary[/name_u], when other mothers call for their Olivias and Emmas running around in 2020? Is it dated, or is it too tied to [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] [name_m]Clinton[/name_m]? [name_m]Even[/name_m] though when I hear the name [name_u]Hillary[/name_u], I think of [name_f]Lady[/name_f] A or [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] [name_u]Duff[/name_u] first. Also, mn suggestions are always welcomed ofc! TIA

2 Likes

I think hearing [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] now would be very refreshing. [name_f]My[/name_f] first thought was [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] [name_m]Clinton[/name_m] but I’m (funnily enough) watching War Room right now. It’s dated, but kind of “dated chic” if that’s a thing.

2 Likes

Hillary is [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] [name_m]Clinton[/name_m] to me

My sisters best friend is named H!laire, and she just started high school. She goes by [name_m]Hil[/name_m] or Hilly sometimes, moreso by her friends. [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] does seem a little tied to [name_m]Clinton[/name_m].

I know a young [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] - I’ve always thought it sounded quite surprising and fresh

I’d definitely think [name_m]Clinton[/name_m] but I think the association will fade somewhat over the next few years barring any yet unforeseen political developments. It’d be nice to hear more “dated chic” (as @lateaugust brilliantly put it) names on the playground!

2 Likes

I immediately think [name_m]Clinton[/name_m] and I think at least in the USA it’ll be hard to get away from those ties. I don’t think it’s unusable, but I prefer [name_f]Hilaria[/name_f] or [name_m]Hil[/name_m]@ire myself. [name_m]Just[/name_m] personal preference though.

I think this is a great name for a 2020 or 2021 baby! I really like the nn [name_f]Hills[/name_f] :blush:

I would just make sure the mn is very far away from [name_m]Clinton[/name_m] in how it looks and sounds. [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] comes to mind (but I don’t know why lol)

2 Likes

I adore the name [name_u]Hillary[/name_u]! It has such a wonderful, cheerful meaning (quite literally!). It is a bit dated, but that’s not always a bad thing - often it means she’ll be the only one in her class :slight_smile: I also think [name_u]Hilary[/name_u] [name_u]Duff[/name_u] first, but I was obsessed with [name_f]Lizzie[/name_f] McGuire growing up :sweat_smile:

I think you might get the [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] [name_m]Clinton[/name_m] connection from some people, but if that doesn’t bother you, I think it should be ok, as long as your surname isn’t [name_m]Clinton[/name_m] or something similar :joy:

Yes and yes, imho. Sorry. :confused:

1 Like

I’ve always loved the name [name_u]Hilary[/name_u]. [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] double Ls is fine too, but the one L looks lighter to me.

I welcome virtually any name other than the otherwise fine names used to a crazed level, the Caitlins, the Maddies, the Emmas, the Avas, the Kaylas.

And if I were avoiding a name b/c of political associations, my avoidance would be in another direction altogether.

It’s not my style but I find it usable, though I don’t live in the States. To me the [name_u]Hilary[/name_u] spelling seems less associated with [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] [name_m]Clinton[/name_m].

I do find it interesting that this name used to be predominantly male e.g. [name_u]Hilary[/name_u] Koprowski. I wonder what made it switch over to the girls’ side.

I prefer the Italian form [name_f]Ilaria[/name_f] overall.

1 Like

If I heard someone call to a [name_u]Hillary[/name_u], it would depend on the age of the child. If they were around 4, I’d definitely assume they were named after [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] [name_m]Clinton[/name_m]. [name_m]Even[/name_m] now, it would be at the front of my mind.

I think 1. [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] [name_m]Clinton[/name_m] 2. [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] [name_u]Banks[/name_u] 3. [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] [name_u]Duff[/name_u]… being how fresh the election is Id be slightly hesitant due to association -#1 but could see it be usable down the line

I’m afraid I have to agree :confused:

1 Like

I like [name_u]Hillary[/name_u], but it is dated and very tied to [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] [name_m]Clinton[/name_m]. I would assume that a little [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] was named after [name_m]Clinton[/name_m].

If you don’t like the association, what about [name_f]Ilaria[/name_f]?

I think of [name_u]Hilary[/name_u] [name_u]Duff[/name_u] and [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] [name_m]Clinton[/name_m]. I know a teenage [name_u]Hilary[/name_u] that’s constantly asked if she’s named after [name_m]Clinton[/name_m].

Sorry, I do think [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] is very tied to [name_m]Clinton[/name_m]. The name only makes me think of her and I’m not even American. But if you like [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] [name_m]Clinton[/name_m] then there isn’t a problem.

I immediately thought of [name_m]Clinton[/name_m] too (and I’m not American), the association is strong right now but probably won’t be in a few years, and [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] is a nice name.

I immediately think of [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] [name_m]Clinton[/name_m] and have a hard time imagining this name on a young child. That said, use the name if you love it :slight_smile: