A little help for a first time mother

My name is [name_f]Mia[/name_f], I’m 24 and due in [name_u]March[/name_u] for the first time, my husband [name_m]Mark[/name_m] and I can’t decide on a name for our baby girl and I need your help. We want a spanish-like name to reflect my colombian ancestry but also want a very classy english-like name. so we are thinking in two names and I really need help matching them.

I have a long list, but those both of us like are:

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Maia[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]

So any mixes between them or second names for those, even new suggestions will be very appreciated.

[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Maia[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]

Congratulations!

[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Maia[/name_f] are the standouts for me, though they’re all lovely names really. I love the look and sound of [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Maia[/name_f] and the great potential for nicknames: [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f], Lady, [name_f]Amaia[/name_f] etc… I also like the alliteration of [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f].

Congrats on your first!

I really like all of these names, but here are my top three combos:

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps you out!

They are all really nice names, but my favourites are -

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_f]Maia[/name_f]

[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] was my first thought when reading your post! I love:

[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] names!

Think about which ones sound best with your surname or the nicknames you like most or even if you want to avoid nicknames.

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Ada[/name_f] and [name_f]Maia[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] are my favourite choices. I also like [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f].

My favourite from your list has to be [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] :slight_smile:

[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]

I really love [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], [name_f]Maia[/name_f], & [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. [name_m]How[/name_m] about…

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Maia[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Maia[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]

I have always loved [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], so so beautiful and your daughter will have the background to suit it. My vote is [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. The right mix of Latin and English. Very classy. She can go by [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_u]Jo[/name_u] or AJ or [name_f]Lia[/name_f] [name_u]Jo[/name_u] or so many other options. Or just stick to [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], because it’s so beautiful to say.

I like / love all of the names on your list. [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Maia[/name_f] feel the most “exotic” to me while the others are more classically English.
[name_f]Maia[/name_f] would be my favorite, it’s so delicate and dreamy and magical, but it’s only one letter away from your name and I don’t know if that would bother you.
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Maia[/name_f] would be so lovely as well.

I’m not sure how you feel about similarities between you and your child’s names but just thought I’d throw out there that if you use the “loo-see-uh” prn for [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], it rhymes with your name. [name_f]Mia[/name_f] is sometimes a nickname for [name_f]Mia[/name_f], and [name_f]Maia[/name_f] is just one letter from being [name_f]Mia[/name_f]. That said, I do think it’d be a neat way to connect your names without actually naming her after you! I do somewhat prefer [name_f]Maya[/name_f] spelling over [name_f]Maia[/name_f].

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Maia[/name_f] – I think this is an unexpected and very pretty combo! Could also go with [name_f]Maia[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]. [name_f]Maia[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] is lovely.

I don’t know if [name_f]Aida[/name_f] would appeal to you, prn is eye-EE-duh.