A middle name but no first! Jazz age and quirky

I am in love with the name [name]Eloise[/name]. However, my name is [name]Elizabeth[/name] and people call me [name]Elle[/name] (pronounced [name]Ellie[/name]) and I’m not going to name my daughter something where we would have the same nickname. So sadly that has been pushed to her middle name :frowning:

Now we need a first name.

We have a few options narrowed down but I need outside opinions and don’t want to ask people I know.

[name]Mabel[/name]- we could call her [name]Mae[/name] or Maebe for short - worried it too old
[name]Daisy[/name] - though it seems to be getting popular - and worried it won’t be appropriate when she is an adult
[name]Annabel[/name] - [name]Annabel[/name] E. sound like [name]Anna[/name] belly (never liked being called [name]Elle[/name] Belly as a kid)

I want a name that sounds very 1920’s, has at least 2 syllables, and isn’t that popular (out of the top 150 at least)

If anyone can think of another name that fits that criteria I would love some advice.

Definitely [name]Eloise[/name]! I don’t think it is too close to [name]Elizabeth[/name]. If you want a nickname, use [name]Lulu[/name] or [name]Lola[/name]. Personally, I would just call her [name]Eloise[/name].

[name]Daisy[/name] is really pretty, but definitely popular too, especially a couple of years ago! Although, I think I would probably have loved having the same name as lots of girls that were a bit older than me, when I was younger.

[name]Annabel[/name] is very cute. Almost too cute for me, I think. I prefer just [name]Anna[/name], because I think the “bel” makes it cuter than necessary.

I really like [name]Mabel[/name]. Unlike [name]Annabel[/name], it sounds kind of edgy while still being cute. [name]Mae[/name] is a really nice nickname too. I don’t think it’s too old. It’s actually becoming quite popular, especially with the nickname [name]Mae[/name].

Is [name]Mabel[/name] becoming popular- any place i read its like 900 on the top 1000

Also, I forgot to say that [name]Daisy[/name] definitely sounds the best with [name]Eloise[/name]. It has a much better flow than the names ending on el.

I was thinking about the uk. I don’t know how popular it is in america and other places!

oh ok. Yeah I live in Michigan, I dont think [name]Mabel[/name] is that popular here.
[name]Eloise[/name] I do prefer the most but regardless of what we call her I know people will call her [name]Ellie[/name]- and Im just not comfortable with naming my kind the same name as me.
[name]Mabel[/name] is probably my second choice- but I wish I could think of more options.
I agree [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] doesnt flow as well as [name]Daisy[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] but i think [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] flows pretty well. Im more worried about names that end with a soft a sound

[name]Mabel[/name] is making a comeback, and I think it’s the perfect time for it! I think [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] sounds beautiful; I’d go for it!

[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] has back-to-back el’s but I think it sounds surprisingly good. [name]Mabel[/name] is one of my favourite vintage names.

[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] gets my vote.

Well! a Twenties name! [name]How[/name] charming! Unfortunately, I also live in the US, so that’s all the data I have to work with. But, what I did was, I went into my Social Security data, and scanned through the names of babies born in 1920. Here are a few I thought you might find interesting:
[name]Louise[/name] (you’d have to drop the [name]Eloise[/name]. But! You almost gain it back in the firs name!)
[name]Ethel[/name]
[name]Edith[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Marian[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Mona[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]

Then I went back and looked at the list for 1900. These are the babies that would have been in their twenties during the twenties, so they would have been the ones wearing the flapper dresses!
[name]Edna[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Ida[/name]
[name]Irene[/name]
[name]Ester[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Thelma[/name]
[name]Beulah[/name] (which is pronounced BYOO-la. Pronunciation of Beulah : How to pronounce Beulah I’ve never heard it before, but it’s actually quite lovely)
[name]Dora[/name]
[name]Susie[/name]
[name]Nettie[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Geneva[/name]
[name]Maud[/name]
[name]Fern[/name]
As you can see, I liked these better! And for what it’s worth, I adore [name]Mable[/name]. I think it’s so sweet and simple and sophisitcated.

I like [name]Daisy[/name] best!
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Jordana[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Rita[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Vera[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Simone[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Althea[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Magda[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]

I love [name]Daisy[/name], have you considered [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] nn [name]Daisy[/name]? Gives her a full name to grow into if she doesn’t want to be [name]Daisy[/name] as an adult.

It’s a traditional nn for [name]Margaret[/name] and, although classic, out of the top 150.

[name]Margaret[/name] is my grandmothers name and i dont feel comfortable naming a baby after a relative that is still alive. Personal preference.

Here is a list of jazz singers, book and movie characters from 20s-40s . Personally [name]Mabel[/name] is very country/hick to me, it doesnt evoke that sort of cool ethereal vibe (though some of these dont either) I get from watching old [name]Jazz[/name] singers like [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Baker[/name] perform. [name]Hope[/name] you find some inspiration! as with mythological names you should probably look into any book/movie characters is before you decide to use it

Singers
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Billie[/name]
[name]Bessie[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Ethel[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Etta[/name]
[name]Anita[/name]
[name]Lena[/name]
[name]Mahalia[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]