A middle name for Evelina

Hello everyone! Thanks for all your help looking for a first name for our second daughter. Now we just need to find her a middle. I’d like a family name. I’ve scoured old family trees and only come up with things like Placebo (!?), [name_f]Drusilla[/name_f], and about a million Sarahs, Elizabeths, and Susans. The only name I liked at all was [name_f]Holliday[/name_f]. Then my mom mentioned her father’s favorite aunt, who had the last name of Tisdale.

The question is, do you like [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] Tisdale? I thought it was pretty. Does it still go with her sister’s name, [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Iria[/name_f]? I also considered pairing [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] with a more modern name, like [name_u]Sage[/name_u], since I’m pretty sure there’s an [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] somewhere in the family (just not sure where). Would that work better?

Thanks so much!

I like the name [name_f]Evelina[/name_f], I think it sounds prettier than [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]. While I adore [name_f]Holiday[/name_f] ([name_f]Audrey[/name_f] Hepburn feels, [name_f]Holly[/name_f] Golightly; though [name_f]Holliday[/name_f] is pretty too), I think Tisdale isn’t as nice but could work. I don’t think [name_f]Iria[/name_f] works so well with Tisdale, I believe [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Iria[/name_f] and [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Holiday[/name_f] sound like a cute sibset.

I like [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Holiday[/name_f] best, but [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] Tisdale works too.

[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] Tisdale Surname sounds like she has a double barrelled surname.

Thanks! I will keep these in mind and keep looking at family names. Any more feedback welcome!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] your name choice. I think it works well.

[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Holliday[/name_f] is the best imo.

So, I was just geeking my way through old family trees and found that my grandmother’s Aunt [name_f]Lena[/name_f] was actually named [name_f]Evelina[/name_f]! So, in a sense I’m “off the hook” for family names, if you can think of anything else that sounds pretty with [name_f]Evelina[/name_f], feel free to suggest!

I’ve found a few cute family names of more distant aunts that I liked…[name_f]Nettie[/name_f], [name_f]Effie[/name_f], [name_f]Minnie[/name_f], [name_f]Lois[/name_f], or my grandmother’s sister’s name, Pinney (she passed away young from cancer). [name_f]Do[/name_f] we still like [name_f]Holliday[/name_f] best with [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] or would some of those work, too?

Also, I’m mostly ok with [name_f]Evelina[/name_f]'s middle sounding like a last name because that is pretty common in my family. [name_m]Just[/name_m] in my close family, women have middle names of Carrington, [name_u]Temple[/name_u], and [name_m]Harding[/name_m]. Maybe it’s just a southern thing?

I like [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Lois[/name_f]. We’re considering [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] as well, our combos are and have been:
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Neve[/name_f]
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Coralie[/name_f]
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]

Thanks! I love [name_f]Verity[/name_f]! That was going to be her first name until I found the name [name_f]Evelina[/name_f]. I’ll run it by DH. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t wanna steal your combo, though!

What does everyone think of [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f]? Too frilly? I found a [name_f]Cecile[/name_f] on the family tree and since our number 2 choice for this baby’s name (before we found [name_f]Evelina[/name_f]) was [name_f]Cecily[/name_f], I liked that. [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] is DH’s favorite combo so far. He’s vetoed all of the names in the last post except Tisdale, [name_f]Holliday[/name_f], and [name_f]Minnie[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f].

I also really like [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Beth[/name_f], and noticed that [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is common on your family tree.

[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] is gorgeous! You may steal my combo with my blessing lol

[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] is one of my favorites! I like [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Holliday[/name_f], and [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f]. Some other combos I like are:

[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u]

Thank you all so much! [name_f]Glad[/name_f] to know [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] is not too over-the-top frilly :slight_smile: [name_u]Love[/name_u] all the suggestions, feel free to make more if you wish!

My 2 yr olds name is [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Gabriela[/name_f].

[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] is such a pretty name! I prefer [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] to [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Verity[/name_f], and I also love the suggestion of [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f].

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f], [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Athalie[/name_f] or [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]?

Good luck!

I’m so glad to see that you chose [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] for your daughter’s name! I am obviously partial as it is my name and I have really grown to love it over the years. Congratulations aread!

Aw, thanks! We are loving it so far! I think it’s beautiful!