A middle name for Vincent

I think we’ve pretty much settled on a name for our baby if it’s a boy: [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]. But we haven’t decided on a middle name yet. There’s still plenty of time, baby is due in [name_u]November[/name_u]. But I’d like to hear your opinions. Which one do you like best? You can also comment on each one.

Options right now are:

[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] - SO and I first met in a book shop many years ago, I bought the book [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] by [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Joyce[/name_u] and started a conversation about the book.
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] - [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] is SO’s first name, he goes by [name_m]Bram[/name_m]. It’s a family name.
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] - same reason as [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m], [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] Bloom is the main character in the book.
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Chaviv[/name_m] - SO has Jewish heritage, [name_m]Chaviv[/name_m] is a Hebrew name meaning “loved one”
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] Eshai - SO also has Assyrian heritage, Eshai is the Assyrian form of [name_u]Jesse[/name_u].
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Baltasar[/name_m]: a family name for SO, and we just both love it.

[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] is a gorgeous choice! You have lots of great options for middle names too (I love how meaningful they are). My favourites are [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m], [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] and [name_m]Leopold[/name_m]. [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] and [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] would be fun stories for when he’s older, plus they sound lovely with [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]. [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] would be a nice tie to his dad and his family.

Good luck choosing!

I’m very much torn between [name_m]Baltasar[/name_m], [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] and [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]. I love the stories behind [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] and [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] and the sounds of [name_m]Baltasar[/name_m] but I think I like [name_m]Baltasar[/name_m] most

[name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] would be a lovely choice. I think it looks great on paper, too!

[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] is such a wonderful name!

Out of your options, I like [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] and [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Baltasar[/name_m] the best. [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Chaviv[/name_m] isn’t bad either, but it seems very stylistically different from Hjörtur [name_m]Emmanuel[/name_m].

Aaah they are all just way too lovely! The only one I do not like the flow of is [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m]. I think my favourites are [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m], [name_m]Chaviv[/name_m] and [name_m]Baltasar[/name_m].

It should be no surprise, considering my own sons’ middle names, but I love [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Baltasar[/name_m] and [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m], along with [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]. In fact, at one point, [name_m]Axel[/name_m]'s middle name was going to be [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] until we decided to switch to [name_m]Leopold[/name_m]. (And both choices were also in honor of the book, which inspired my husband to become an English teacher!) I think with [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] I like [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] best, but really, all the names on your list are great. I can see why it’s so tough to chose!

My vote goes to [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Baltasar[/name_m], but you can’t go wrong with any of your choices! I love the name [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] and the way it sounds with Hjörtur.

I’m so happy you’re choosing [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]! It’s one of my all time favorite boys names! (We’re talking top 4).

I think I like [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] the best. I think it flows the nicest, and is more recognisable than [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] or [name_m]Baltasar[/name_m].

You’ve got some lovely choices here, but my absolute favorite is [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Baltasar[/name_m]. Pure perfection.

What a great, under-used name. I love [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] and [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Baltasar[/name_m]. Strong, classic names.

I looooove [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]!!

Thanks everyone! We haven’t made a final decision yet, but it’s now down to two: [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] and [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Baltasar[/name_m].

@jonquils: I hadn’t thought of the meaning of [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] like that, but that’s lovely! Thanks so much.