A Middle Name for Violet

We have a baby girl born on the Super [name_f]Flower[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f]! We’ve named her [name_f]Violet[/name_f], but oscillate still on her middle name. We probably have it narrowed down to [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] or [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Mandolyn[/name_f] (or [name_f]Mandolin[/name_f] or [name_f]Mandoline[/name_f]). Feedback on [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] vs. [name_f]Mandolyn[/name_f] for that middle portion is appreciated! We love both, for different reasons… perhaps some reasons we haven’t even thought of yet!

I prefer the sound of [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f], I agree with @jonquils - the imagery is really pretty!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Mandolin[/name_f]. [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] is too wordy for me.

1 Like

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] is stunning! Absolutely lovely!

1 Like

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] is stunning! it is a little wordy, but I don’t see that as an issue. I think it’s sweet, spunky, and beautiful! A perfect combo.
([name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Mandolyn[/name_f] is pretty too, I just prefer [name_f]Meadow[/name_f]!)

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is a lovely meaningful choice :cherry_blossom:

Both [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Mandolin[/name_f] are very wordy, but I kind of love the quirkiness of the two noun names together.I slightly prefer [name_f]Mandolin[/name_f] as it’s so interesting and unexpected, with great flow, but I do like [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] as well.

[name_f]Mandolin[/name_f] is already an unusual and striking choice; I wouldn’t change the spelling at all. [name_f]Mandolin[/name_f] is perfect.

1 Like

Thank you for all of the feedback each of you! I think we’re leaning toward [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] right now. One reason [name_f]Mandolin[/name_f] is hard for me to let go of though is I’ve thought of naming a girl this for a long time. It was just something that came to me before I even had kids. I don’t really know why. We don’t play [name_f]Mandolin[/name_f] or even have a particular love of that instrument, though it’s pleasant enough. I do like [name_u]Mandy[/name_u] or Dolyn as a nickname, but don’t want to pick a middle name based on that. And I don’t think [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_u]Mandy[/name_u] sounds that great together or anything…one thing I have not mentioned in light of the “wordiness” comments is our last name is a 3 syllable, 2-word name ending in “Auken” (AHkin) so [name_f]Mandolin[/name_f] as a middle name creates an off-rhyme with the last name. That being said it makes [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Mandolyn[/name_f] feel like more of a mouthful and a bit heavier/older/more sophisticated than [name_f]Meadow[/name_f]. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] seems simpler and I do enjoy simple and sweet. Also worry are either or both overly fantastical? They’re both very close to my heart. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] seems to respond a bit more relaxed when we say [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] to her.

1 Like

[name_f]Meadow[/name_f]! [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] is just gorgeous

1 Like

Congratulations for the birth of your baby girl! :full_moon:
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] is a gorgeous name! :butterfly: :cherry_blossom: :hibiscus:

1 Like

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] it is! Thanks for all of your help and reflections!

2 Likes

Congratulations! :confetti_ball: You picked a lovely name for your baby. :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I wish all the best!

1 Like

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] for the win :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

1 Like

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] is really beautiful

1 Like