A mn for Daniel - I need something exciting!

I’m still seriously considering [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] nn [name_u]Danny[/name_u] for my list, and I have one combo in mind ([name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_u]Auguste[/name_u]–possibly [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_u]Auguste[/name_u] [name_m]Conrad[/name_m])–but I feel like I could be missing something really great. I’m also tossing around [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Alaric[/name_m], but I’m not sure how I feel about him yet. I want something with a European flair, something unusual, something with some spunk, but also classy. Something like [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_u]Auguste[/name_u]. :slight_smile: Because while I love it, I’m not entirely convinced it’s “the one”.

I like [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Conrad[/name_m], [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_u]Harper[/name_u], and [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Hiram[/name_m], but to a slightly lesser degree. I also really like [name_u]Noah[/name_u], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_u]Riley[/name_u], and [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] paired with [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], but I feel like they have no oomph, no excitement, no spunk. They’re sort of boring. I could be convinced to keep [name_m]Henry[/name_m] as a second middle if I find a meaningful (and exciting!) first middle, since [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] has been on my radar for so long and I love it so much (plus, you can’t get much more classic than [name_m]Henry[/name_m]!).

Anyway. Ideas?

Thanks, Berries!

Anyone? :frowning:

Um it’s strange my first thought was [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Alaric[/name_m]. I also really like your [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_u]Auguste[/name_u] combo as well. For combos I don’t know if I could up with any exciting choices because the boy names I like are so classic. My nephew is [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Aurelien[/name_m] came to mind as well. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps a little:). I am sure you will come up with something great. All your names are wonderful:).

[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Alistair[/name_m]/[name_m]Alastair[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]? [name_m]Alastair[/name_m] is very Scottish (but [name_m]Dougal[/name_m] is my favourite boy’s name, so I’m not complaining…) but it’s very classy. Other ideas:

[name_m]Julian[/name_m]/[name_m]Julius[/name_m]
[name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_m]Hector[/name_m]
Gaël
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u]
Arsène
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]/[name_m]Ambroise[/name_m]
[name_m]Aldric[/name_m]
[name_m]Edric[/name_m]
[name_m]Luc[/name_m]
[name_m]Bastian[/name_m]/[name_m]Bastien[/name_m]
[name_u]Auden[/name_u]
[name_m]Zachary[/name_m]

[name_m]Reading[/name_m] back, I went a bit [name_m]French[/name_m] here, but that can be remedied - I’ll try and think of some more English-y ones too. Sorry :slight_smile:

[name_m]Hadrian[/name_m] and [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] also spring to mind. [name_m]Marcus[/name_m] as well. Sorry, I’ll stop now…

haha, that’s quite all right! My best friend was [name_m]French[/name_m], so I’m always open to [name_m]French[/name_m] names in her honor. [name_u]Auguste[/name_u] was actually one of her favorites–if her triplets had all been boys, I’m sure she would have had an [name_u]Auguste[/name_u] herself! It’s so reminiscent of her (and how we met, through our love of names!) that it seems a perfect tribute to her. But I’m not married to the idea yet–nor am I convinced of [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_u]Auguste[/name_u]'s perfection. I also like the idea of something Welsh or [name_m]German[/name_m], for my ancestry, but I’m a huge sucker for Polish and Dutch names, so I’m not really particular. I’m maybe tossing around the idea of [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Ziven[/name_m], as well–I’ve always adored the Polish [name_m]Ziven[/name_m], and its meaning, “shining and alive”! (zee-vehn)

I forgot to mention earlier–names with literary or historical significance (nothing too crazy, though, haha!) earn brownie points, as well. :slight_smile: I’m particularly fond of [name_u]Austen[/name_u], [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m], and essentially any literary masterpiece dealing with the [name_m]French[/name_m] Revolution (honestly. The [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f] Pimpernel, [name_u]Les[/name_u] Miserables, and A Tale of Two Cities are among my top 10 favorite pieces of literature ever!). I’m also quite fond of [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] Wilde’s The Importance of Being [name_m]Earnest[/name_m]. :slight_smile:

I’m also tossing around [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] ____ [name_m]Hale[/name_m], in honor of the Revolutionary War-era American spy, [name_m]Nathan[/name_m] [name_m]Hale[/name_m]. He was positively patriotic–I always loved him!

[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Archibald[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Hardy[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Wolf[/name_m]

Almost anything goes with [name_m]Daniel[/name_m].

[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Cabot[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] Siffroid
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_u]Claude[/name_u]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] Ariston
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_u]Alexios[/name_u]

The [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f] Pimpernel is literally my favourite film and book series ever (as well as being the first place I ever saw [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f], which is now pretty much my top girl’s name) so I’m with you on that. [name_m]Ziven[/name_m] is awesome! Does the stress fall on the first syllable? [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Ziven[/name_m] ____ would be cool. And [name_m]French[/name_m] names… I don’t have any excuse to use them, but I throw them in wherever I can. They make everything sound too good not to.

Right, second time lucky:

[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Cadmus[/name_m] [name_m]Hale[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] Aberly [name_m]Hale[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] Afan [name_m]Hale[/name_m]
*[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_u]Amory[/name_u] [name_m]Hale[/name_m] (ooh, I love this one)
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] Barthélemy [name_m]Hale[/name_m] (wow, how cool is this one! The Dutch form of Bartholemew)
*[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] [name_m]Hale[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Broderick[/name_m] [name_m]Hale[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Cadoc[/name_m] [name_m]Hale[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Caradoc[/name_m] [name_m]Hale[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] [name_m]Hale[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Erneszt[/name_m] [name_m]Hale[/name_m] (a cheeky The Importance of Being [name_m]Earnest[/name_m] reference I couldn’t help throwing in)
*[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Hale[/name_m] ([name_f]EDIT[/name_f]: oh bother, [name_u]Everett[/name_u] is already a first for you. Sorry…)
*[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] [name_m]Hale[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Ieuan[/name_m] [name_m]Hale[/name_m] (this might be vowel overload, but it’s definitely Welsh)
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] [name_m]Hale[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Jansen[/name_m] [name_m]Hale[/name_m] (Dutch, so yan-suhn I think)
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Joachim[/name_m] [name_m]Hale[/name_m]

And, last but not least:

***[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Fitzwilliam[/name_m] [name_m]Hale[/name_m] (Mr [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] only being an imaginary person is the greatest tragedy of life.)

I choose to err on the side of (mostly Welsh!) caution this time, so I hope there’s something that inspires you. [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] ___ [name_m]Hale[/name_m] sounds so great though, if you couldn’t tell by my constant repetition. :slight_smile:

Honestly, I love the bame [name_m]Hiram[/name_m]. [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Hiram[/name_m] is a dream! I just named my little guy [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] five months ago.

Congrats and good luck!