A name dilemma

Hello! I’m about six weeks from my due date, and DH and I cannot find a name that we absolutely love. We decided not to know the sex of the baby early on in the pregnancy.

Our problem is with names. This is our first child, and as we both are extremely picky about his/her name, we want to find the perfect one; as we have, fortunately, very similar tastes, there doesn’t have to be any compromising. So far, we’ve got three names for each gender that we really like. They are:

Boys…
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]

Girls…
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]

We would really like some suggestions on other names you think we’d like, and opinions on the names we already like.

Thanks so much!

You sound like my husband and I about 7 weeks ago. I think we have very similar taste in names and we also kept the gender a surprise. We had a baby girl and our top choices were [name]Violet[/name], [name]Francesca[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]. My husband new she was a [name]Violet[/name] right away : ) [name]Violet[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]. Everyone loves her name. They also brought us potted violet’s and lot’s of purple stuff. Everyone calls her baby [name]Vi[/name], which is adorable. Our boy would have been [name]Oliver[/name]. But we loved [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] too. They’re both soft enough for a beautiful baby boy and handsome enough for a grown man. [name]Love[/name] them both. [name]Alexander[/name] will always be a classic. There will never be anything wrong with that name. You can’t go wrong with any of your choices, but my favorites would be [name]Violet[/name] (of course) and [name]Leo[/name].

Boys…
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]

Girls…
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]: [name]Nora[/name] [name]Violet[/name] or [name]Violet[/name] [name]Nora[/name] sound beautiful together.
[name]Rosalie[/name]: There will definitely be the twilight association here, but that might not matter to you. Still a pretty choice.

From your list, I like [name]Leo[/name] or [name]Jasper[/name]. [name]Alexander[/name] seems kind of commonplace next to those options. My personal pick would be [name]Jasper[/name]!

For girls, I like [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Nora[/name], mostly a personal thing because [name]Rosalie[/name] has the Twilight connection.
Between those, I’d pick [name]Nora[/name]!

Good luck to you!

P.S. I know [name]Jasper[/name] has a Twilight connection too (right?), but for some reason it doesn’t phase me. Maybe I just love it enough! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Leo[/name] & [name]Leo[/name] [name]Jasper[/name].

[name]Nora[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] would be pretty :slight_smile:

With the exception of [name]Nora[/name] I think all your names are great choices.

Boys…
[name]Leo[/name] or [name]Leon[/name] or [name]Leonardo[/name] or [name]Orlando[/name], [name]Max[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name]

[name]Jasper[/name] or [name]Lucas[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Micah[/name], [name]Jared[/name], [name]Aidan[/name], [name]Marco[/name], [name]Francis[/name]

[name]Alexander[/name] or [name]Alister[/name], [name]Grant[/name], [name]Dashiell[/name], [name]Reid[/name], [name]Miles[/name]

Girls…
[name]Violet[/name] or [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Imogen[/name]

[name]Nora[/name] or [name]Eleanor[/name] or [name]Cressida[/name], [name]Miranda[/name], [name]Jane[/name]

[name]Rosalie[/name] or [name]Rosalind[/name], [name]Roslyn[/name], [name]Evelyn[/name], [name]Kate[/name]/[name]Katherine[/name], [name]Marisol[/name], [name]Marion[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Laurel[/name].

Thanks for your help!

We would also like suggestions on other names that you’d think we’d like. Thanks again!

I love [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] (although I do prefer [name]Norah[/name]), but [name]Rosalie[/name], with the Twilight phenomenon, seems to be getting pretty popular, I’ve met 2 in the past month. Have you considered [name]Rosalyn[/name]? Other suggestions:

[name]Leona[/name]
[name]Dinah[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]

[name]Alexander[/name] has a very different feel to me than all of your other names. I would probably go with [name]Leo[/name] or [name]Jasper[/name] if you plan on having more children, for the sake of consistency. Other ideas:

[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Mateo[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Ian[/name]
[name]Desmond[/name]
[name]Cassius[/name]

Good luck!

Suggestions