A name for #4

Hello everyone,
My name is [name]Emma[/name], and my husband [name]Tim[/name] and I are expecting our fourth child - a girl - in 3 weeks. The names of our three children just sort of ‘came’ to us, but we are having much more trouble with her. Now we’re starting to worry that we’re cutting it too close! We could really use any and all advice, commentary, suggestions, etc.
Our style is 100% classic.
Our children are:
[name]Alexander[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
We prefer longer names seeing as our surname is [name]West[/name].

We are so lost and need your help!!

Your children have wonderful names! Some suggestions for a girls name to go with [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Harrison[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name]:

[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Susanna/name
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Eliza/name
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name]
[name]Cecelia[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Virginia[/name]

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I love your kid’s names! [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Harrison[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], and:

[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Adela[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]

From all of the suggestions, we like:
[name]Eliza[/name] (but is [name]Lizzie[/name] too close to [name]Lydie[/name]?)
[name]Elizabeth[/name] (love this, but is it too common?)
[name]Julia[/name] (is it too similar to [name]Lydia[/name]?)
[name]Juliet[/name] (does [name]Juliet[/name] [name]West[/name] sound weird with the double T endings?)
[name]Margaret[/name] (see [name]Juliet[/name])
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]

We’d love more suggestions!

I absolutely love your kids’ names - [name]Alexander[/name] [name]William[/name], [name]Harrison[/name] [name]Patrick[/name], and [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] are perfect ([name]Lydia[/name]'s my absolute favorite name!). I’m a big fan of balance, so I’d love to find a four-syllable name for baby girl! I know, it’s weird, and I’m sorry. But, anyway, my favorites off your little list are [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Cecilia[/name]. I think either one would be perfect. And, no, [name]Elizabeth[/name] isn’t to bland or common, and it gives you so many wonderful nicknames - [name]Elle[/name], [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Liz[/name], [name]Lizzie[/name], [name]Libby[/name], [name]Liza[/name], and [name]Beth[/name]!

Maybe [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Cornelia[/name], [name]Evangeline[/name], [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Seraphina[/name], [name]Veronica[/name], [name]Victoria[/name], or [name]Virginia[/name] would appeal to you, too?

If not a four-syllable name, I love [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Gwendolen[/name], [name]Julia[/name], [name]Rosaline[/name], [name]Susannah[/name], or [name]Violet[/name] would work. All classic, elegant, and wonderful with [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Harrison[/name], and [name]Lydia[/name]!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Your children have lovely names!
Suggestions:

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]May[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Katy[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Eleana[/name] (pronounced Eh-lane-a) [name]Grace[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Clara[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Georgina[/name] [name]Lily[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Frances[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Nicola[/name] [name]Marie[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Alica[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] [name]West[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] I helped! Best wishes x

Thank you!

[name]Lemon[/name]- I agree that it would be nice to use a four syllable name to balance out our children’s names. However, we have one concern. We plan on having another child after this, and don’t know what we would do with his or her name. It would throw the balance off again, so we’re not focusing too much on syllables, although we want a name three or four.

I’m really loving [name]Elizabeth[/name] right now, but my husband is less sure. He ‘really likes’ the name, but is still afraid it’s too popular. Also, the only nns he likes for it are [name]Lizzie[/name] and [name]Libby[/name] and he’s afraid they’re both too close to [name]Lydie[/name], which is what we call our daughter most of the time. What do you think? I also like the nns [name]Elle[/name], [name]Ellie[/name], and even [name]Ella[/name], but he thinks those are too popular. You can tell popularity is more important to my husband than it is to me, which is strange because I have a much more common name. Anyway…

My husband is really pushing for [name]Cecilia[/name], but I don’t know. I like the idea of the name, but something just seems off to me, though I have no idea what. It probably doesn’t help that it makes me think of [name]Jim[/name] and [name]Pam[/name]'s baby on the Office.

If we do go with a three syllable name, I love [name]Caroline[/name]. My husband has a negative association with it, but he’s ‘trying to move past it’ because he loves the name in theory.

I’m sorry I’m writing a novel here, but what do you think of the [name]George[/name] names with my children’s names? We’re really starting to like [name]Georgina[/name] and [name]Georgiana[/name], but I’m not sure if they ‘go’ with our children’s names. Also, do you think it would be weird for her to have a [name]Georgia[/name]-like name when our last name is [name]West[/name]? Or are we overthinking this? This fear always kept [name]Virginia[/name] off our list, but I’m not sure about the [name]George[/name] variants.

Sorry again for the novella, but we could really use feeback.
Thank you so much!
[name]Emma[/name]

Have you considered [name]Bess[/name], Bitsy or [name]Tibby[/name] as nn’s for [name]Elizabeth[/name]?

Your children have perfect names and I think [name]Cecelia[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name] would add to them as a great sibset.

I love the [name]Georg[/name] names probably with [name]Georgina[/name] having a slight edge over [name]Georgiana[/name]. It works because though you’rs style is classic it also has a quirky, vintage quality to it as well.

Have you considered [name]Penelope[/name] with nn options [name]Poppy[/name]/[name]Penny[/name]/[name]Nell[/name]/[name]Lola[/name]?
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]West[/name] sounds so posh to me!

Good luck!

Also you could do [name]Eliza[/name] as the nn for [name]Elizabeth[/name]. It’s my favorite one.

[name]Emma[/name],

[name]Don[/name]'t worry about it - I like a good novella. :wink:

Okay, so you’ll have another child, most likely. That’s fine! I still think a three- or four-syllable name would be great, though. If you don’t use a four-syllable name for this baby and then you come back in a bit and tell me you’re having another baby, I’d tell you the same thing - use a four-syllable name. Ha! Okay, that might just be me. And, it’s tough because you can’t know if you’ll have a boy or a girl next time around, if you even have another child! I just did a search for four-syllable boy names, and it came back with some hilarious ones. [name]Huckleberry[/name]? I love it, but not as a first name, and certainly not with [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Harrison[/name], and [name]Lydia[/name]. [name]Isaiah[/name] and [name]Ignatius[/name]? Those are borderline three-syllable names, to me. [name]Bartholomew[/name]? Wow. What a name! Wow, finding a four-syllable boy name is tough, beyond [name]Alexander[/name]! I want you to name a future boy [name]Nathaniel[/name], partly because it is one of my favorites, but also because it bridges the gap between three- and four-syllables. Okay, let’s get back to the point at hand, shall we?

[name]Alexander[/name], [name]Harrison[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], and [name]Elizabeth[/name] make a very nice set. I’m also loving the Pride and Prejudice influence here, but I love [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name], too. He likes [name]Lizzie[/name] and [name]Libby[/name]? Me too. With [name]Lydie[/name], I think you can get away with either one, honestly, but I vote [name]Lizzie[/name]. B and D are harder to distinguish than Z and D. But, as you said, nicknames are sort of a personal thing, and there are so many for [name]Elizabeth[/name]. You can call her [name]Elle[/name] if you feel like it, and he can call her [name]Lizzie[/name]. Popularity in terms of nicknames doesn’t really bother me. But, then again, I have a very rare nickname, so maybe I can’t really speak on the subject! Another poster suggested [name]Tibby[/name] or something for a nickname, and I guess that could work, but you could go in the direction of [name]Ibby[/name], which I know has been used in the past, [name]Betsey[/name], or Busy, like Busy [name]Phillips[/name]! So, basically, I think you’re safe there…

Now, another thing I like is for each member of the sibling set to have a name with a unique first letter - A for [name]Alexander[/name], H for [name]Harrison[/name], L for [name]Lydia[/name], and something new for baby - and a unique end-sound. Obviously, this is really hard to do in reality! And, I’m a bit of a nut when it comes to these things, so they don’t matter at all. But, in the case of [name]Cecilia[/name] versus [name]Elizabeth[/name], I’d vote [name]Elizabeth[/name], simply because of that. Anyway, I think [name]Cecilia[/name] is a beautiful, sorely underused classic name. Some people are put off by its meaning - “blind” - but it doesn’t bug me too much, honestly. And, I’m not a huge Office fan - I’ve seen the show once, actually! - but I doubt that [name]Cecilia[/name] will immediately make people think of [name]Jim[/name] and [name]Pam[/name]'s baby, firstly because [name]Cecilia[/name] isn’t unheard of or anything, and secondly because [name]Cecilia[/name] is a TV baby (i.e., she’s fake). I mean, it’s not like we’re talking about [name]Harlow[/name] here, right? I could be wrong about that, though, and maybe people look to TV characters when looking for inspiration on naming. I feel like someone recently wrote an NB blog about this. Ugh, whatever, I can’t remember it.

[name]Caroline[/name]. That’s lovely. Seriously, I love it. Personally, I love [name]Charlotte[/name] that much more, so I kicked [name]Caroline[/name] off my list for future kids, but I love [name]Caroline[/name] with your kids’ names. Your husband has a negative association, though. Not so good! It would make a stunning middle name, though! [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]West[/name]. [name]Ah[/name], so glamorous. Sorry, I’m jumping ahead of the naming process now!

[name]Georgia[/name] [name]West[/name]. Eh, no. It makes me think of some place in [name]West[/name] [name]Georgia[/name]. [name]Georgina[/name] [name]West[/name]. Hm. I’m liking this one! It has a bit of an upper-crust feel to it, but it is very sophisticated. [name]Georgiana[/name] [name]West[/name]. That is a stunner, I think. I can’t really decide if I like [name]Georgina[/name] or [name]Georgiana[/name] more with [name]West[/name], but I like [name]Georgiana[/name] more as a name. It happens to be another Pride and Prejudice name, in case you were wondering - you probably weren’t, though. But, you need to pick a pronunciation. Apparently in [name]Britain[/name] they tend to say [jor-jay-na], which is weird because in the 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice, the one with [name]Keira[/name] Knightley as [name]Elizabeth[/name], they use the [jor-jee-ah-na] pronunciation, which is much more natural in my opinion. I love that pronunciation, and I think it works best for your purposes. Now, [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Harrison[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], and [name]Georgiana[/name]? It works, for sure. [name]Lydia[/name] isn’t the most classic of classic names - it isn’t very common, is what I meant to say. It’s vintage and leaves open the possibility of many different styles - you can go uber-classic with [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name], more Colonial with [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Susannah[/name], or more sophisticated with something like [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Georgiana[/name]. It’s up to you, and each are perfect in my opinion. As an aside, I wouldn’t worry about [name]Virginia[/name] [name]West[/name] - for some reason, it isn’t as much “in your face” (or in mine, maybe) as [name]Georgia[/name] [name]West[/name]. [name]Georgia[/name] [name]West[/name] sounds like a high school or community college, and [name]Virginia[/name] [name]West[/name] sounds like an old-time-y author, maybe because it is rather similar to Virgina [name]Woolf[/name]. Now that’s a thought!

Okay, there we have an original [name]Lemon[/name] novella. I tend to get a bit conversational and often carried away when I reply to these posts, but hopefully something in there was useful. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Good luck!

L

What about
[name]Sybil[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]

I love [name]Sybil[/name] with your sibset. It feels very regal, classic, and a bit preppy ( in a good way) like you other names. I could also see a [name]Catherine[/name] fitting in quite nicely or a [name]Josephine[/name]. But again, I really like [name]Sybil[/name] or [name]Vivian[/name]. From your list I like [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Caroline[/name]. GL

Thank you all so much for your responses! We really appreciate it.

kashed22- I never thought of [name]Tibby[/name] as a nn for [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I think it’s kind of cute, but I doubt my husband will go for it.

turquoisekitty- I really like your suggestion of [name]Vivian[/name]. I think that [name]Vivian[/name] [name]West[/name] sounds so cool. Sadly, my cousin has a daughter named [name]Vivienne[/name]. I see where you’re coming from with [name]Sybil[/name], but I’m not sure if we’re ‘brave’ enough to actually use it. Maybe as a middle name?

[name]Lemon[/name]- first of all, you’re response was extremely helpfull!
Second, I love [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name] too! I was actually named in honor of/ after her (my full name is [name]Emma[/name] [name]Jane[/name]). So I think I was destined to be a fan. Pride and Prejudice is possiblly my all time favorite book, though [name]Emma[/name] is a close second, of course. I found the name [name]Lydia[/name] when I was rereading it for the millionth time, and fell in love with the name instantly. [name]Just[/name] to show how much my mom loves her too, I had two dogs growing up: [name]Darcy[/name] and Knightley.

Now, to get to the point…
My favorite of the [name]George[/name] names is [name]Georgiana[/name]. I actually added it to the list after reading Pride and Prejudice for the hundreth time. I’m not sure how we’d pronounce it though. On the one hand, I like the jor jee ah na pronounciation, but that’s probably because I’ve seen the movie a million times. On the other hand, I like jor jay na, but I think there would pronounciation issues here in the US. The other issue I have with it is nicknames. [name]Gigi[/name] is adorable for a little girl, but I find it hard to picture on a teenager or twenty something. And, [name]Georgiana[/name] seems too long to go by all the time.

As for [name]Cecilia[/name], the meaning doesn’t bother me. I’m more concerned with how a name sounds than what it means. My husband is really pushing for this, but I just don’t know. I doubt most people will think of [name]Jim[/name] and [name]Pam[/name]'s baby, but it’s all I can think of!

[name]Elizabeth[/name] is definitely my favorite right now. I’m glad you don’t think [name]Lizzie[/name] is too close to [name]Lydie[/name] because it’s my favorite nn. I just have to convince my husband now…

I love the name [name]Caroline[/name], but I think I want to use a four syllable name now. [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]West[/name] is beautiful! But, part of me wants to save [name]Caroline[/name] if we have another girl. Decisions, decisions.

[name]Virginia[/name] [name]West[/name] seems worse than [name]Georgia[/name] [name]West[/name] to me. I think it’s because if her last name was listed first, it would be [name]West[/name], [name]Virginia[/name]. [name]Georgia[/name] isn’t my favorite anyway. [name]Georgiana[/name], and even [name]Georgina[/name], seem prettier to me.

Sorry for such a long post again!
[name]Emma[/name]

P.S.
Some of those four syllable boys name are awful! I kind of like [name]Huckleberry[/name] though, but I’d never use it. I actually went to school with a boy named [name]Bartholomew[/name]. He went by [name]Ben[/name] though, oddly enough.

[name]Emma[/name],

[name]Ah[/name]! You had dogs named [name]Darcy[/name] and Knightley? That’s adorable. My mom wanted to name a puppy [name]Darcy[/name], but then my cousin got a dog and named her [name]Darcy[/name]. Oh, well…

Um, may I first point out that perhaps [name]Vivian[/name] [name]West[/name] appeals to you because it sounds familiar, and is nearly identical to [name]Vivienne[/name] Westwood? Westwood is a designer, in case you aren’t totally sure why the name sounds “right.”

Alright, the [name]Georgiana[/name] pronunciation issue is one to consider. I just don’t think [jor-jay-na] is obvious to the typical person, especially when the name is already so rare in the US. But, maybe I’m wrong. Or maybe I just like [jor-jee-ah-na] because that’s how they say it in the [name]Joe[/name] [name]Wright[/name] version of P&P, which is my favorite, and that actress is such a lovely [name]Georgiana[/name]. Also, I want you to use a four syllable name! Ha. I disagree about [name]Gigi[/name] needing to be phased out after the younger years - I’ve met people who are older and go by [name]Gigi[/name]! But, perhaps you could use [name]Georgie[/name], [name]Georgia[/name], [name]Ana[/name], or even [name]Gia[/name] as nicknames. My favorite is [name]Gigi[/name], though, and I think you could make that work…

Okay, it’s not the meaning that bugs you for [name]Cecilia[/name]. Sometimes, I get caught up on the back-to-back C’s in the name, which make it slightly more challenging to say than, say, [name]Lydia[/name]. I’d recommend [name]Celia[/name] as an alternative, but it ends in an -ia like [name]Lydia[/name]. Then again, so does [name]Cecilia[/name]. Oh, that bugs me! Maybe [name]Celia[/name] or [name]Cecily[/name] could be middle names for baby? Would your husband like that?

Yea, work on him with [name]Lizzie[/name]. I think that’s adorable, and it isn’t too, too close to [name]Lydie[/name], for me. ([name]Just[/name] as a side note, another poster was thinking of using [name]Birdie[/name] for a daughter named [name]Elizabeth[/name], and I thought that was great. My parents call me [name]Birdie[/name] exclusively, and even though my name isn’t [name]Elizabeth[/name], I think it somehow relates more to [name]Elizabeth[/name] than my name. So, that’s a thought.) I think [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], and [name]Caroline[/name] would make great sisters, so maybe you should save that one…

Um, okay, as soon as you mentioned “[name]West[/name], [name]Virginia[/name],” I agreed with you. Definitely out! And, those boy names are a bit on the ridiculous side, I agree, especially with your kids’ names. That’s why I think you should use a four-syllable name when you know you are having a girl! So much easier to find a good three-syllable boy name, right? Ha.

L

[name]Lemon[/name] -”
My husband and I went to a baptism today, and there was a little girl there named [name]Cecilia[/name].”When my husband heard them calling out her name, he suddenly didn’t like the way it sounded. That has been my problem with the name all along! So I think it’s off the list. At least I hope it is! ”

On the [name]Elizabeth[/name] front, I think I’m making progress! He says he really likes the name, ”and even if it isn’t his first choice, he doesn’t mind if we use it. Of course, I would prefer for him to love the name we use, but I think he’s getting there. And, I’ll let him chose the middle name if I get [name]Elizabeth[/name]. [name]Birdie[/name] for [name]Elizabeth[/name] is adorable! I think we would start out with [name]Lizzie[/name], but if it turned out to be too confusing there are so many possibilities!

As for [name]Georgiana[/name], I don’t know why I can’t picture [name]GiGi[/name] on an adult. Maybe it’s because I’ve only met little girls with the name. But, I guess by the time she outgrows it, she could choose her own nn. And I do love the nickname on a little girl.

We both love [name]Georgiana[/name], but I think I love [name]Elizabeth[/name] even more. ”Which one do you think goes best with our children’s names? Seeing as we’re planning on having another one, I think that [name]Elizabeth[/name] would give us more choices, whereas [name]Georgiana[/name] is more limiting. What do you think?

[name]Emma[/name]

[name]Emma[/name],

Okay, it seems [name]Cecilia[/name] is definitely out for you all. [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Georgiana[/name] are remaining, then? I love them both! What would your husband likely choose as a middle name for [name]Elizabeth[/name]? Oh, by the way, I was thinking and you can use [name]Elsa[/name] or [name]Elsie[/name] as nicknames for [name]Elizabeth[/name], too, though I guess they’d be even more natural with [name]Elisabeth[/name]. I much prefer [name]Elizabeth[/name] for you, though!

With [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Harrison[/name], and [name]Lydia[/name], I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] fits best, style-wise. It is classic, not quite vintage, has substance and charm, and is familiar. [name]Harrison[/name] is a name that isn’t quite classic like his siblings’ names, but it feels a lot like [name]Harry[/name], which is derived from [name]Henry[/name], so it has that classic edge. Also, it’s a presidential surname, so it feels substantial and strong. [name]Alexander[/name], with [name]William[/name], is about as classic as you can get for a boy, I think. And, [name]Lydia[/name], though she is more vintage and versatile, is really very classic, especially when paired with [name]Katherine[/name] as a middle name. So, in that respect, I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] fits perfectly. I’d go for something slightly more vintage - meaning classic yet more underused today - for a middle name if you choose [name]Elizabeth[/name] as a first name, but I think anything works there. As for future siblings, I could definitely see [name]Caroline[/name] fitting right in with [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Harrison[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], and [name]Elizabeth[/name], or maybe [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], or [name]Violet[/name]. For a boy, you have lots of room, and I think something like [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Christopher[/name], [name]Jonathan[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name], or [name]Nicholas[/name] would be perfect.

As for [name]Georgiana[/name], it lends a more vintage, almost upscale edge to the set as a whole. [name]Georgiana[/name], to some, might seem pretentious, but I think it just has a certain level of elegance that is sometimes lacking from popular names today. I think [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Harrison[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], and [name]Georgiana[/name] definitely work, though [name]Elizabeth[/name] feels like a more natural choice, honestly. If you were to choose [name]Georgiana[/name], I would select a more traditional middle name, along the lines of [name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Frances[/name], [name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Mary[/name], or [name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Marie[/name]. As far as siblings, I think [name]Georgiana[/name] would encourage you to use bolder vintage choices, such as [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Ramona[/name], and [name]Vivian[/name] for girls and maybe something like [name]Benedict[/name], [name]Elliot[/name], [name]Frederick[/name], [name]Julian[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], or [name]Theodore[/name] for boys.

That’s just my opinion, though. So, what name do you think it right for you?

L

Hello!

I have to second [name]Lemon[/name], I love the [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name] influence on your childrens’ names! A 4 syllable name would be perfect this time around. I really love [name]Georgiana[/name], both pronunciations are great in my opinion. I really think that on the right person, [name]Gigi[/name] can work into adulthood. If you named her [name]Georgiana[/name], it would really become her and eventually she might have all sorts of nickname possibilities that you can’t really think of now. I also like the idea of just G, as in the movie the Duchess about Lady [name]Georgiana[/name] Cavendish. I know you like [name]Elizabeth[/name], and for me its a little too common, but I thought of [name]Bethany[/name] for you, which I think is really pretty with sister [name]Lydia[/name].

I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] would be fine. There are basically a million nn for [name]Elizabeth[/name]. You could go with a nn for the [name]Eliza[/name] half or the [name]Beth[/name] half or even somewhere in the middle. You could even try [name]Lizzie[/name] or [name]Libby[/name]. Once they’re used to it, I don’t think it’d be that big of a problem.
However, I don’t really like the [name]Georgia[/name]/[name]Georgina[/name]/[name]Georgiana[/name] type names. I don’t think they would go well with your last name and personally, I just don’t really like any nn for those names. [name]Gigi[/name] isn’t a favorite of mine.
[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

[name]Hi[/name] and congratulations!
Loving the [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name] connection, and I think the name [name]Elizabeth[/name] is just beautiful, and it is especially lovely with your name being [name]Emma[/name]. However, what did occur to me is that in Pride and Prejudice [name]Elizabeth[/name] is a much more positive character than [name]Lydia[/name] (although I do think [name]Lydia[/name] is a lovely name also!). I might be being an overly-nerdy English Lit. student but might [name]Lydia[/name] have some problems with this in the future, if her younger sister is named after the books heroine and she has the name of a more problematic character?
good luck and best!

[name]Lemon[/name] -”
My husband loves classic names, but ones that aren’t overly popular. So, vintage is most likely the direction he’ll go in for the middle name.
I think the fact that [name]Georgiana[/name] may seem pretentious to some is what keeps me from loving it as much as I love [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I love the name though! If only we lived in [name]England[/name]… Another thing is that I don’t know if we would be brave enough to go with one of those more ‘out there’ names. Well, my husband probably would, but I don’t think I would be. I like [name]Oliver[/name] though.

jackiet-
I like the idea of just G too. I like the name [name]Bethany[/name], but it’s my [name]SIL[/name]'s name. Thank you for the feedback though!

maggiedances14 -”
Thank you for the feedback on the nicknames.”
Why don’t you like [name]Georgiana[/name]? It is that you just don’t like the name? Or that you think it sounds too much like [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]West[/name] - is it too directional?

tuppence42 -
Thank you!”I hadn’t thought about that! I’m thinking that it wouldn’t be too big of a deal. I mean, it’s not like [name]Lydia[/name] is a murderer or anything. [name]True[/name], she is slightly rebellious, but I’ve always liked her. And, because they will be close in age, I’m hoping that they won’t fight too much. It may never come up! But, maybe I’m”just telling myself that? I don’t know! [name]Do[/name] you think it would be a big deal?”

Thank you everyone!
[name]Emma[/name]

[name]Emma[/name], I’ve always rather liked [name]Lydia[/name]'s rebellious nature, too. I mean, you’re absolutely right - she isn’t a murderer, and what she did do probably wouldn’t be frowned upon in the same way today. Not that that has any relevance to the issue, but, yea. Um, basically, I don’t think it would come up between sisters, but that is my personal view…

So, he’s the bold one and you like to keep it more traditional? Maybe [name]Elizabeth[/name] is the way to go. [name]Even[/name] if you did choose [name]Georgiana[/name] - by the way, I love “G,” too! - you don’t necessarily need to be more bold next time. I was thinking today that [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] share a very prominent “ih” sound - not really a bad thing, but it is there. Obviously it didn’t bother the [name]Bennet[/name] family!

Um, I wrote a blog on [name]Austen[/name] names a while back, and I’m posting the link here: https://nameberry.com/blog/2010/04/13/jane-austen-names/. Maybe something there will catch your eye, or your husband’s, and you can finish off this name debate! Good luck, [name]Emma[/name]!

[name]Lemon[/name]