A name for a main character, please

New[/name_m]] [name_m]Hi[/name_m], I’m writing this story and I can’t come up with a name for the main character. I was thinking something uncommon, but not eccentric. The character is a male, 16 or thereabouts. He’s supposed to be tall and wiry, with dark hair and green eyes. He’s adventurous and smart. It’s set in a small town in medieval times in [name_f]England[/name_f]. Please help (and nothing that would pop to mind at the word “medieval,” which would be classic and boring). Thanks :slight_smile:

Oh: I’d also appreciate suggestions on a female friend. These are the names that I considered (feedback?):
Boy: Beckett nn Beck, Ryan, Robert nn Bo, Tobias nn Toby, Lucas nn Luke, Alec, Alexander nn Alex
Girl: Josephine nn Jo, Catherine, Beatrice nn Bea, Alexis or just plain Alex

You could take into account the time period, but…eh. Whatever.

OOOH. I really love [name_m]Alec[/name_m] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] nn [name_f]Bea[/name_f]! I also like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] nn [name_u]Jo[/name_u].

I thought of another name for your boy: [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] nn [name_m]Bram[/name_m].

Megan_Ashley–
Thanks a bunch, I really like [name_m]Alec[/name_m], and I was actually already considering [name_f]Josephine[/name_f].
That helped a lot.
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Piers[/name_m]?

Maybe, I think I’m doing [name_u]Beck[/name_u] and [name_u]Jo[/name_u] though.