A Name for Baby Bug!

Hello all! We are expecting our third (and most likely last) child, and we are leaving the gender a surprise. We have two daughters named [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Roxane[/name] and [name]Maisy[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name] and are looking for names that will fit nicely with these two. [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Maisy[/name] were our two favorite names of all time, so we’re really struggling with girls names. We cannot find anything that we feel the same way about and desperately need suggestions! The only name we like so far is [name]Violet[/name], but hubby is still iffy about it. Middle name will either be [name]Genevieve[/name] (either pronunciation depending on the first name) or [name]Evangeline[/name]. With both [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Maisy[/name], we found out the genders as soon as possible and only began really thinking about names then, so we never even discussed boy names. We are totally lost now with the boys; we really only have the name [name]Breccan[/name] and possibly [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Quinn[/name], or [name]Gideon[/name]. We would love suggestions! (they do not have to end in an -n sound - no idea why they are like that so far).

Many thanks,
[name]Rose[/name] and [name]Marius[/name]

Congrats! [name]How[/name] exciting to leave the gender a surprise. I’m predicting this time you’ll have a boy (just a guess). I know - boys’ names are hard. I like the sound of [name]Quinn[/name] and also [name]Quintin[/name]. I’m not terribly keen on [name]Gideon[/name]. I’m neutral on [name]Griffin[/name].

First off you have beautiful girls names! As a caveat I would use [name]Evangeline[/name] over [name]Genevieve[/name] for a middle name because it is so close to [name]Guinevere[/name] and that is such a lovely name it deserves to be one of a kind!
Some names I think might work:
[name]Bridget[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Esme[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] (I love the double e’s but don’t know if [name]Maisey[/name] and [name]Esme[/name] sound too similar for you.)
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] (may be too popular for you)
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
Aimmee [name]Evangeline[/name]

Boys:
[name]Collin[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Adam[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Aaron[/name]
[name]Joel[/name]
[name]Ewan[/name]

I am not sure of what middle name you are considering for boys so I just put down names that would sound nice with [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Maisey[/name].

Thanks for your thoughts! And yes, it is very exciting not knowing the gender, except I have to buy “neutral” clothes - greens, yellows, etc. - which isn’t a bad thing, but not having my little pink onesies is a bit tough this time around :slight_smile: Hmm, the only reason I guess I would stick with [name]Quinn[/name] and not [name]Quintin[/name] (great suggestion though!) is because [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Maisy[/name] don’t really have nicknames (besides terms of endearment, no formal nicknames) and so [name]Quinn[/name] would be the quickest way to get to a non-nickname name. But thank you!

Great suggestions! [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Guinevere[/name] are pretty close…hmmm, definitely something to consider. I guess in a fantasy world where similarity and my hubby’s opinion didn’t matter, I would probably have two daughters named [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Guinevere[/name] ([name]Evie[/name] & [name]Gwyn[/name]) just because I absolutely adore both these names! But you are right - they are very close, and I always like to think of my daughters’ middle names as sisters too (like [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Maisy[/name] are a pair and then [name]Roxane[/name] and [name]Guinevere[/name] are a pair) and having sisters named [name]Roxane[/name], [name]Guinevere[/name], and [name]Genevieve[/name] might be a little weird (this idea sounds insane, I know, but bare with me :slight_smile:

From your suggestions, I am pulling [name]Isla[/name] definitely and [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Poppy[/name]. I think what I like about [name]Violet[/name] is the “eye” sound, so [name]Isla[/name] kind of goes right to that point. Plus, I think [name]Isla[/name] sounds lovely with [name]Maisy[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] and I like how both [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Evangeline[/name] start with a vowel! I will take this one to [name]Marius[/name] for his thoughts in the morning! [name]Lucy[/name] has always been a bit of a guilty pleasure (I don’t think the hubs likes it) and poppies are my favorite flowers! I hadn’t really thought of it for a name, but now I’m re-thinking that…hmmm…so great! Now I have [name]Violet[/name], [name]Isla[/name], and [name]Poppy[/name] on my list! Ahh thank you!

Boys are still tough. I do like [name]Henry[/name] (popularity doesn’t bother me), [name]Ewan[/name], and [name]Joel[/name] though! I think [name]Ewan[/name] sounds especially handsome with [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Maisy[/name]. The middle name isn’t picked out yet, but it will probably be family, so possibly [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Louis[/name], [name]Francis[/name], [name]Geordie[/name], [name]Julius[/name], or [name]Marcellus[/name]). I like the sound of [name]Ewan[/name] [name]Francis[/name] or [name]Henry[/name] [name]Marcellus[/name]!

Thanks again! (and sorry for such a long response!)
[name]Rose[/name] (and [name]Marius[/name], even though he’s already asleep :smiley: )