A name for my book character.

[name]Hi[/name] guys, My name is [name]Jennifer[/name] ([name]Jenny[/name]) and I have been writing a book for 2 years now.

My novel centers around a 18 year old girl who lives with her mom ([name]Scarlett[/name]) and elder sister ([name]Rebekah[/name] [name]Rose[/name]) in [name]England[/name],
she has a typical life until one day she is discovered and becomes a super model even though shes only 5’7. Soon after she becomes a famous singer and actress.

She is pale with dark brown hair and eyes and is a girly girl as well as a tomboy. She was her father’s ([name]Richard[/name]) favorite.
She is supposed to be kind and gentle and very sensitive but she is also very hard working.

This character has been with for 5 years now and shes like a baby to me now but I can’t decide her name!?

Some name I’ve considered:

[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Mischa[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Laila[/name]

Some middle names I’ve considered:

[name]Harlow[/name]
[name]Day[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Rae[/name]
[name]Rain[/name]
[name]Winter[/name]

If you saw a girl like her, what would you think her name should be?

P.S: What do you think of the book?

What’s the plot?

At the moment - from what you’ve told us - the whole thing just screams [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Sue[/name].

I agree with [name]Ren[/name], and also, supermodels are usually not “kind and gentle”. AND this should be posted in the writer’s forum :wink:

[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Day[/name]

[name]Reese[/name]
[name]Logan[/name]
[name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Ashley[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Terra[/name]/[name]Tara[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Julianna[/name]

Doesn’t really sound like my style of story, but I’d have to read it.

I think some of your names don’t go very well with [name]Rebekah[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. Maybe you could give her a name that sounds like it’s a sister to [name]Rebekah[/name], but give her a more exotic nickname, or maybe have her modeling agency give her a professional name or something. You could name her something like [name]Michaela[/name] and give her [name]Mischa[/name] as a nickname. I think [name]Laurel[/name] sounds like a sibling to [name]Rebekah[/name], maybe with [name]Laila[/name] as a nickname?

I’ve read a book with a similar story line. It was one of the Girl Talk books. That girls name was [name]Alison[/name].

For your girl, If she is her fathers pride and joy, i’d probably give her a name after him. [name]Richard[/name] on a girl can be, [name]Rachel[/name] or [name]Richelle[/name] ([name]Rikki[/name])