A name for my car

[name]Hi[/name] Everyone,
I hope this is the right place to post this. I wasn’t sure whether it should go here or under “Pets”. Anyway…
I’m 26, a total name nerd and I just got my first car! It’s a 91 Toyota Celica and it’s red. (see pic here http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/05/Toyota_Celica_SX.jpg)

This is really exciting for me and I want to name her… but I don’t even know where to start! All of the names that I keep thinking of are names that I want to possibly use for my future children, so I don’t want to ‘waste’ them on a car.

My usual taste in names are: classic old fashioned names, familiar but not common names, hippy/hipster/funky names, but I’m pretty open to suggestion for this one.

I look forward to everyone’s suggestions!

[name]Hi[/name] Penilou, well, I’ve never named a car before but there’s a first time for everything I guess :lol: . Here are some suggestions for your red Toyota Celica. Personally, I’ve always loved double names for cars for some inexplicable reason![name]Happy[/name] Driving!
Double Names
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Tuesday[/name] - Rolling Stones song and the first name that popped into my head for a red car. :smiley:
[name]Delilah[/name] [name]Belle[/name] / [name]Trixie[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Greta[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name] [name]Skye[/name]
[name]Minka[/name] [name]Joy[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Billie[/name] [name]Jean[/name]
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
Other one name options
[name]Rosemarie[/name]
[name]Mamie[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Petula[/name]
[name]Amabel[/name]
[name]Zelda[/name]
[name]Callisto[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Maybelle[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Elvira[/name]
[name]Candida[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Roxanne[/name]
[name]Saffron[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Lorna[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Lurline[/name]
[name]Hattie[/name]
[name]Nadine[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Pollyanna[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Bellatrix[/name]
Why do most of these names sound kind of Southern? :?

I think that when naming an object, you should look for a name that reflects the character of the object. For example, when I was in high school, my sister named our car “[name]Edna[/name]”, because it was old and clunky, like the name (apologies to any [name]Edna[/name]'s out there!)

So I would advise that you think of an adjective that describes your car, or how you feel about your car, then find a name whose meaning matches.

For example, if we go by the color, we could go with:

[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Scarlet[/name]
[name]Rosie[/name]
[name]Garnet[/name]
[name]Robin[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
Or if you’re willing to break with tradition and use a male name for a car, I like these:
[name]Rufus[/name]
[name]Rory[/name]