A Name For My Character 13

I’ve created this new character for my cartoon and I need your help to think of the perfect name for my character.

Genre of Story: slice of life comedy.

Time Period/ Location: modern-day, Michigan

Brief Plot: It’s about six middle-school children who go through everyday life.

Description: The character is a twelve year old girl, she has short blonde hair and fair skin with a big pointy nose, she is a bit tall and is overweight with a enormously big belly. She wears a long sleeved red orange shirt and blue jeans.

She is a twelve-year-old girl who is the unofficial leader of her group of friends Oliver, Justin, Peter, Barry, and Miranda, and is the voice of reason and the most mature and serious in the group. She likes to be in charge and to keep her friends in line when things go wrong or get out of hand, but she is helpful to them whenever they needed. She is a good at coming up with the plans and solving problems. Furthermore, she is nice, kind, smart, rational, down to earth, practical, strong, intelligent, assertive, clever, levelheaded, brave, confident, serious, easygoing, loyal, straightforward, independent, wise, witty and sarcastic though she can be also a bit mean, bossy, cynical, critical, pessimistic, moody, selfish, stubborn and blunt at times, she is also known to have a short-tempered and can overreact to every little thing that goes wrong. While she thinks she’s above her friends’ immature behavior, but she can act like them. She has a love of books and likes to quote them whenever she’s trying to prove a point. She also a part of the volleyball team at her middle school.

The names that i’m considering:
Lauren
Rachel
Hannah

I will like her name to fit very well with her character and personality, if you had already thought of a good name for her, hit the reply button!

first off I’m from Michigan so thank you for writing a story based in Michigan.

some name idea’s are:
[name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Katelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Angela[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u]
[name_f]Gracelyn[/name_f]

1 Like

I like the choices you are considering. The top names in Michigan in 2009 (when this girl would have been born) were:
Isabella
Emma
Olivia
Sophia
Ava
Emily
Madison
Abigail
Chloe
Mia

Any of those names would make sense. When I name characters, I try to think about what their parents would name them. Would their parents choose a very popular name, or would they choose a name that was more rare? Would they name her after her grandmother? Would they name her a name from another country? That may be a good place to start. This article may help: Authors Get to Name Everyone! | Nameberry

Names I am feeling:
Melissa
Kirsten
Harriet
Maisie
Brittany
Freya

1 Like