A name for our Bean, what do you prefer?

[name]Hi[/name] everyone,
We are expecting our first child next year. These are the names we currently like for our Bean. Which ones do you prefer?
Boy: [name]Caspar[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Lionel[/name], [name]Lou[/name], [name]Magnus[/name], [name]Manu[/name], [name]Miles[/name], Mir”, [name]Oscar[/name] or [name]Otis[/name]
Girl: [name]Ada[/name], [name]Ava[/name], [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Lola[/name], [name]Louisa[/name], [name]Mara[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Mira[/name], [name]Oona[/name] or [name]Uma[/name]

Thanks!

Congratulations on your first! [name]How[/name] exciting ^^

Of the boys’ names you mentioned, I love [name]Magnus[/name] the most, but [name]Caspar[/name], [name]Miles[/name] and [name]Isaac[/name] are also fabulous, as well as [name]Manu[/name], but he seems more like a nickname to me? I think I have him as a nn for [name]Emmanuel[/name] (actually [name]Magnus[/name] [name]Emanuel[/name], because there are no good nicknames for [name]Magnus[/name], and you can find [name]Manu[/name] in both the names…) I’m voting for [name]Magnus[/name], because he’s fabulous, and would also like to add that [name]Oscar[/name] is very popular… ^^
Of the girls, [name]Oona[/name] immediately stands out! I love her! I also like [name]Louisa[/name], [name]Mara[/name], [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name], but think [name]Louisa[/name] and [name]Mara[/name] are the best one of those, since they’re less used… I usually like names that are rare, so that’s often a turn off for me, so it will colour my opinions whenever I give them… ^^ If it doesn’t matter all that much to you, I have to add that [name]Ada[/name] is also very pretty :wink:

Good luck on making your choice, luckily, you have some time yet ^^

[name]How[/name] exciting, congrats!

[name]Caspar[/name] - still too “friendly ghost” for me. Alternatives could be [name]Calvin[/name] or [name]Callum[/name].
[name]Isaac[/name] - great biblical name, very handsome
[name]Lionel[/name] - I don’t know why, but I’ve never liked [name]Lionel[/name], and I only picture [name]Lionel[/name] [name]Ritchie[/name]. I really like some of the other “lion” names like [name]Leo[/name] or [name]Leon[/name].
[name]Lou[/name] - I like [name]Lou[/name] as a nn for [name]Louis[/name] or [name]Lewis[/name] or [name]Llewellyn[/name].
[name]Magnus[/name] - I like
[name]Manu[/name] - not hear this before, I’m not sure about it.
[name]Miles[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]
Mir” - I like this, it feels a bit like [name]Milo[/name] which is a favourite of mine, but is more unique and I love the art reference
[name]Oscar[/name] - great name
[name]Otis[/name] - I like

[name]Ada[/name] - there’s something hard about [name]Ada[/name] for me, it sounds to me like someone struggling through the Great Depression. I like it as a nn for [name]Adeline[/name] or [name]Adelaide[/name] though.
[name]Ava[/name] - I love [name]Ava[/name], but it’s really popular
[name]Josephine[/name] - great name, and I love nn [name]Posey[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] - I always thought this was gorgeous but that I wouldn’t be brave enough to use it. Now, I don’t know, I think I might. It’s a gorgeous, spunky name.
[name]Louisa[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]
[name]Mara[/name] - I like [name]Mara[/name], but prefer [name]Mora[/name]. This was my old boss’ daughter’s name and I loved how it rolled off the tongue.
[name]Matilda[/name] - love
[name]Mira[/name] - same as [name]Mara[/name]
[name]Oona[/name] - I love [name]Oona[/name], I think it’s really spunky and sweet
[name]Uma[/name] - I prefer [name]Oona[/name], but I like the history of the name

Some other names you may like:
Boys - [name]Arthur[/name], [name]Alfie[/name], [name]Asher[/name], [name]Archie[/name], [name]Atticus[/name], [name]August[/name], [name]Dashiell[/name], [name]Dexter[/name], [name]Linus[/name], [name]Francis[/name], [name]Homer[/name], [name]Kai[/name], [name]Levi[/name], [name]Luca[/name], [name]Orson[/name], [name]Rafferty[/name], [name]Silas[/name], [name]Clement[/name], [name]Cosmo[/name], [name]Damian[/name], [name]Gulliver[/name], [name]Harris[/name], [name]Harvey[/name], [name]Maxwell[/name], [name]Orlando[/name], [name]Leonardo[/name], [name]Otto[/name], [name]Piers[/name], [name]Raphael[/name], [name]Rupert[/name], [name]Toby[/name], [name]Laszlo[/name], [name]Xavier[/name].

Girls - [name]Delilah[/name], [name]Flora[/name], [name]Hazel[/name], [name]Summer[/name], [name]India[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Lulu[/name], [name]Marlow[/name], [name]Olive[/name], [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Sadie[/name], [name]Stella[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Aria[/name], [name]Alba[/name], [name]Bronte[/name], [name]Clara[/name], [name]Daisy[/name], [name]Livia[/name], [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Davina[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Esme[/name], [name]Freya[/name], [name]Gracie[/name], [name]Isis[/name], [name]Libby[/name], [name]Lottie[/name], [name]Maia[/name], [name]Orla[/name], [name]Willow[/name], [name]Zara[/name].

Good luck!

[name]Miles[/name] and [name]Ava[/name] my two most favourite names in the whole world

I like [name]Casper[/name]/[name]Caspar[/name]! I really don’t think that many people will associate your little one with the Friendly Ghost, mainly because the last time the character was popular was in 1995.

I also really liked [name]Lionel[/name]!

You have great taste in names! My favorites are:

Boys: [name]Caspar[/name] (I think today’s kids don’t associate with the ghost…and even if they do, there are worse associations!)
[name]Lionel[/name] - don’t know why this name is not more popular (not that you necessarily want that!) because it has so many nice qualities - classic, upbeat, rolls off the tongue
[name]Isaac[/name] - wonderful name, will never sound trendy

Girls: [name]Josephine[/name] - same feelings as for [name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] - sounds literary, romantic
[name]Oona[/name] - fantastic and jazzy sounding. Makes me think of [name]Oona[/name] O’[name]Neill[/name].

Boy:
[name]Caspar[/name] - still makes me think of the ghost
[name]Isaac[/name] - love so much
[name]Lionel[/name] - one of my very faves nn [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Lou[/name] - I prefer [name]Louis[/name] or [name]Lewis[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name] - I like it
[name]Manu[/name] - I’m neutral
[name]Miles[/name] - one of my very faves
Mir” - not my cup of tea for a first name
[name]Oscar[/name] or [name]Otis[/name] - love them, but I wouldn’t use them myself.

Girl:

[name]Ada[/name] - It’s okay
[name]Ava[/name] - too popular
[name]Josephine[/name] - love it!
[name]Lola[/name] - love it as a nn for [name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] - love
[name]Mara[/name] - I prefer [name]Moira[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] - love!
[name]Mira[/name] - I prefer [name]Mirabella[/name] nn [name]Mira[/name]
[name]Oona[/name] or [name]Uma[/name] - I like [name]Oona[/name]

Thanks! - You are welcome!

Of the boy names, my favorites are [name]Miles[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], and [name]Lionel[/name], and of the girl names, my favorites are [name]Mira[/name], [name]Louisa[/name], and [name]Josephine[/name]. [name]Oona[/name] gets an honorable mention as most people I know dislike the name but I am fond of it when spelled [name]Una[/name] (to me, the U is more distinctive and connects it more strongly to the idea of unity, which is a strength of the name). Good luck! :slight_smile:

I vote for [name]Josephine[/name] or [name]Matilda[/name] for a girl and [name]Magnus[/name] or [name]Otis[/name] for a boy.

Congratulations!

From your boys list my favorites are, in no particular order-

[name]Isaac[/name] - I love this one
[name]Lionel[/name] - would you nn [name]Leo[/name]? I love [name]Leo[/name].
[name]Magnus[/name] - this one has been on my mind lately.
[name]Miles[/name] - is a great name, different from [name]Michael[/name], [name]John[/name] ect. with out being to out there.
[name]Oscar[/name] - I’ve liked this name more in the last 5 years than I ever have. It has an [name]Oliver[/name] feel to me while being less popular but I feel a bit more cool.

Favorites from your girls list -

[name]Ada[/name] - I [name]LOVE[/name] this name but I have a niece [name]Ava[/name] so it wouldn’t work for me. :frowning: I really really love it though
[name]Ava[/name] - despite it’s popularity is a great name. If I wasn’t related to one one I might even use it myself.
[name]Josephine[/name] - I love this name too.
[name]Lola[/name] - love this one too and [name]Laila[/name]/[name]Layla[/name]
[name]Mara[/name] - I prefer this one over [name]Mira[/name]. [name]Mara[/name] is a lovely name.
[name]Uma[/name] - cute, short, sweet and spunky!

I like [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Magnus[/name] and [name]Oscar[/name] best for a boy.
I like [name]Mara[/name], [name]Ava[/name], [name]Louisa[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] best for a girl.

Great list! :slight_smile:

[name]Caspar[/name]: I think this name is great, but I think of the ghost when I hear it. (I’m working on breaking the association, because I think it’s a very cool name.) :slight_smile: I really love [name]Jasper[/name], though!

[name]Isaac[/name]: I love this name!

[name]Lionel[/name]: I’m a huge [name]Leo[/name] fan, so I like this name a lot, but really love [name]Leo[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Lou[/name]: I think it’s a great nickname for [name]Louis[/name] or [name]Lucas[/name].

[name]Magnus[/name]: I think this is very handsome…

[name]Manu[/name]: I’m not familiar with this name, but I prefer some of the others on your list.

[name]Miles[/name]: I love it!

Miro: It reminds me of the actress [name]Jeanne[/name] [name]Moreau[/name], but I really love [name]Milo[/name].

[name]Oscar[/name]: This has been growing on me…

[name]Otis[/name]: I prefer some of the other names on your list. A lot of people really love [name]Otis[/name], though! I guess I think of [name]Otis[/name] along the lines of [name]Bubba[/name], [name]Wayne[/name], and [name]Cletus[/name], and I’m guessing it’s due to movie characters I’ve seen.

My favorites: [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Lionel[/name], and [name]Miles[/name]

[name]Ada[/name]: I think it’s pretty, but it’s also really close to the super popular [name]Ava[/name], so I’m wondering if people will mistake it for [name]Ava[/name]. I love the similar [name]Adelia[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name], and [name]Adella[/name].

[name]Ava[/name]: I think it’s lovely, but just too popular for me. It’s ranked #4 now, and tonight at dinner, I heard three little girls being called [name]Ava[/name]. It’s just everywhere these days!

[name]Josephine[/name]: [name]LOVE[/name]

[name]Lola[/name]: I’m not a fan of [name]Lola[/name] by itself, but think it makes a nice nickname.

[name]Louisa[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] this!

[name]Mara[/name]: While I love [name]Marielle[/name] and [name]Mariana[/name], I’m neutral about [name]Mara[/name].

[name]Matilda[/name]: [name]LOVE[/name]

[name]Mira[/name]: I think it’s lovely, and also really love it as a nickname for [name]Mirabelle[/name].

[name]Oona[/name]: I think this name is fun to say, but I prefer some of the others on your list.

[name]Uma[/name]: Is 100% [name]Thurman[/name] to me.

My favorites: [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Louisa[/name], and [name]Matilda[/name].

You’ve got a lot of fantastic names here! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

[name]Lou[/name] (sh for [name]Louis[/name]) - so simple and so masculine
[name]Miles[/name] - cool name :slight_smile: my husb’s favorite
[name]Oscar[/name] - i love this (along w/ [name]Oliver[/name]) – so classic

[name]Ada[/name] - pretty!
[name]Ava[/name] - also pretty!
[name]Matilda[/name] - cute and hip
[name]Mira[/name] - unique! :slight_smile:

Thanks for all your replies. It helps us a lot to find the perfect name for our Bean. As you may have noticed we’re not native Americans but we are planning to move to New [name]York[/name] after our little one is born. That’s why we are looking for a more international name that’s pronouncable in Dutch (our native language), French and English.
[name]Lou[/name], [name]Manu[/name] and [name]Uma[/name] disappeared from our list.

I like most of your boys names. My partner is really pushing Miro which sounds good in english but means “to have looked” in spanish which is my native language. [name]Miles[/name] is not that popular in most of the usa but is pop w ahead of the curb parents in NYC. To me [name]Casper[/name] is cool and will gain popularity. Your girls names just don’t excite me as much as your boys names do.