A name to go with Boston...

My son’s name is [name]Boston[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name]. I’m not pregnant yet, but we’re thinking about making that happen soon.

So here’s my dilemma. With a name like [name]Boston[/name], there are many routes I could take for a sibling name. I could go for “B” names, “city” names, or simply names that go together. BUT… I’ve never liked when people coordinate their kids names TOO much. I prefer the style to be similar and I also like alliteration in names like [name]Landon[/name] and [name]Ainsley[/name] (L sound) or [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] (V sound).

With that said…

My husband is picking our girl name from a list that we agree on. I won’t know until d-day what he chose and I don’t have veto power. This is because I change my mind every milisecond on girl names. Here is the list of girl names we have so far:
[name]Ainsley[/name]
[name]Berkeley[/name]
[name]Brooklyn[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Kinley[/name]
[name]Lorelai[/name]
[name]Zanna[/name]
The problem is that [name]Berkeley[/name] and [name]Brooklyn[/name] are both “B” names and “City” names. Would that be too cheesy? It’s not that this was in any way our intention; we just really like both of those names. If I want any names taken off this list, I have to take them off now while we’re making it because once it’s done I can’t change it anymore. [name]Do[/name] you have any girl name ideas to add to this list that go well with [name]Boston[/name]?

I don’t think having two ‘B’ names would be bad - it’s all personal preference. If you like the name go for it. I would, however, stay away from popular city or place names.

What about these ‘B’ names:

[name]Boston[/name] and [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Boston[/name] and [name]Briony[/name]
[name]Boston[/name] and [name]Bristol[/name]
[name]Boston[/name] and [name]Brynna[/name]
[name]Boston[/name] and [name]Britta[/name]

[name]Non[/name]-‘B’ Names

[name]Boston[/name] and [name]Tenley[/name]
[name]Boston[/name] and [name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Boston[/name] and [name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Boston[/name] and [name]Teagan[/name]
[name]Boston[/name] and [name]Avery[/name]

From your list I like:

[name]Boston[/name] and [name]Harper[/name]
[name]Boston[/name] and [name]Kinley[/name]
[name]Boston[/name] and [name]Ainsley[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] this helps!
Good luck!

OK, first about [name]Berkeley[/name] and [name]Brooklyn[/name]. As someone from the [name]Boston[/name] area meeting a [name]Boston[/name] and [name]Berkeley[/name] would be as cheezy as a [name]Boston[/name] and [name]Harvard[/name] or a [name]Boston[/name] and Fenway as [name]Berklee[/name] is a university in [name]Boston[/name]. A [name]Boston[/name] and [name]Brooklyn[/name] would just sound as out of place as a little Yankees and [name]Red[/name] Sox. Also, the names are to matchy for me. Starting with the same letter is one thing, but starting with the same letter and ending with the same sound is a bit much. Not to mention the city theme. As for the rest, I really like them all. Having trouble seeing [name]Lorelai[/name] or [name]Zanna[/name] as a sister for
[name]Boston[/name], but I can’t find any other reason to veto them. Some other names that may fit:
[name]Ashling[/name] ([name]Aisling[/name])
[name]Autumn[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name]
Bevans
[name]Brooke[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name]
[name]Cavanagh[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Gillian[/name]
[name]Lane[/name]
[name]Lark[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]