A new addition?

Hi, friends!

Thank you all for voting and giving feedback in my Margot/Phoebe/Ruby poll post.

(See here: Margot, Phoebe, and Ruby)

Margot does seem to clash a bit with our last name and while I tried to let it go, many of you brought it up again and I think you may be right!

DH says that Phoebe is really growing on him, so that’s great news!

Today I want to ask your thoughts on a new name: Ramona. Many years ago, DH said he liked that name and I wrote it off. But, she’s been on my mind this week.

Phoebe & Ramona (& Maxwell) seem like a really cute potential sibset. What do you think? Is Ramona usable/wearable? Does she give you any pause or weird vibes? If you dislike Ramona, are there other names that you feel like match the feel?

Other names we’ve recently discussed, but I don’t feel are top contenders: Noelle, Juniper, Clementine, Emilia, and Anna.

Thanks!

1 Like

I LOVE [name_f]Ramona[/name_f]! :heart_eyes: I think it’s absolutely wearable! [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] & [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] are a stunning sibset!

1 Like

I like it a lot alone and with [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]!

1 Like

I love it so so much! It was high on the list for my second daughter, and I still adore it. It’s gutsy and retro and has a real feminine, rock’n’roll strength to it.

I’m currently rereading the [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] books with my daughter and falling for it all over again. [name_u]Love[/name_u] it with [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] too, it adds a shot of quirkiness to the set which is really fun.

Adding [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] as a slightly softer alternative which might fit your style too. I go back and forth between which I prefer but I really love both.

1 Like

[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] is strong and elegant such a cool retro Choice completely agree with @katinka along with loving her suggestion of [name_f]Paloma[/name_f]!

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] & [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] sound great :orange_heart:

1 Like

cute vintage name. makes me think of the ramones

[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] is lovely! Funky and cool!! I like it!

I agree that that’s a really cute sibset, and I really want to like [name_f]Ramona[/name_f], but just can’t get away with the ‘moaner’ sound in it. Also I don’t know where you are, but here in the UK Brexiteers call people who didn’t want to leave the EU remoaners and that’s phonetically identical where I come from, so it’s all I hear. If those associations don’t exist for you though, I’d say go for it. [name_f]Rowena[/name_f] is another option that I think would go beautifully in your sibset, but admittedly it has a very different feel.

Phoebe, Ramona, and Maxwell are just excellent together! I loooove Ramona and Phoebe so much! Perfectly classic, grounded, exciting names for a pair of sisters.

1 Like