A New Color?

I understand that this may be to long and require too much work, but I just wanted to present the idea. You have pink for girls, blue for boys, and orange for unisex, correct? I was thinking that you could possibly add another color. Maybe purple for user-created? [name_m]Long[/name_m] name pages aren’t necessary, or even any name pages at all. Adding the color would just make it more noticeable in posts. [name_m]Just[/name_m] wanted to throw the idea around.

Anyone see this? I don’t have any responses.

Oh, I mean add new names into the database. Like Aurian, Graylow/Greylow, Raiah, [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] (f). Those are some of mine.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @winterdragon04, thanks for the great suggestion.

We do periodically add new user-suggested names to the database; generally we do a big upload once a year or so, with a blog post to tell you about all the new additions. If you search for “100 [name_m]New[/name_m] Names Nominated By You” you’ll be able to find the latest posts.

For boring tech-related reasons, it takes a little while for these newly added names to autolink and display in colour on the Forums. However, when they do, they will show up in one of the three colours that already exist: pink, blue, orange. This makes the most sense from a user perspective because it gives instant visual information about a given name’s usage.

But this has reminded me that we’re probably due for another one of these bulk name additions soon, so I’ll put it on my “To [name_f]Do[/name_f]” list for the next couple of months (obviously, things are a little crazy for everyone right now so apologies for the loose timescale). Thanks for the reminder!