A New Favourite

See the results of this poll: Annabel or Annabelle

Respondents: 16 (This poll is closed)

• Annabel: 11 (69%)
  • Annabelle: 5 (31%)

See, I prefer [name]Juliet[/name] to [name]Juliette[/name]. [name]Juliet[/name] looks more classic, simple, and elegant, not to mention Shakespearean, to me, over the flirty, frilly [name]Juliette[/name]. The same is true of [name]Isabel[/name]. I prefer the traditional, sophisticated, vintage spelling to the more commonplace, trendy, and overtly feminine [name]Isabelle[/name]. Thus, I prefer [name]Annabel[/name]. It is sweet and feminine while still being strong and sophisticated. I usually say to lose the extra letters if you can and the name is still legitimate - a streamlined name with less frill equals success in my book! Good luck!

Thanks for your input lemon:) Yes, I feel the same about [name]Isobel[/name], although I spell it like this, not [name]Isabel[/name] or [name]Isabelle[/name] but that contradicts with my view on [name]Juliette[/name]. All rather silly really but I’d like to get this one cleared up!

I love the [name]Annabelle[/name] (it’s one of my favorites), and I prefer the French spelling. (When it comes to [name]Juliet[/name], I prefer this spelling over [name]Juliette[/name], but I think they’re both pretty.)

For me, I don’t like the look of [name]Annabel[/name] (it reminds me of [name]Hannibal[/name], which I associate with The [name]Silence[/name] of the Lambs). [name]Annabelle[/name] feels fresh, cheerful, and elegant to me (just looking at it makes me happy), while [name]Annabel[/name] feels rather gloomy.

Whichever spelling you choose, I think that [name]Annabelle[/name] is a fantastic name. (I fear it will continue to increase in popularity, though…)

Take care!