A New List for Baby "Kick"

Ok! It was confirmed that our baby is a girl! I feel confident in the determination, but just in case, we do have a boy’s name as back-up. Now we are completely focusing on picking a name for our little girl. After pouring over name lists and books, these are the names that appeal most to me.

[name]Clementine[/name] (my favorite right now!)
[name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Corrina[/name] nn [name]Cora[/name]
[name]Cosette[/name] nn Cosi (apologies to my australian friends, I know the reference)
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Norah[/name] (after my G-Grandmother [name]Elinor[/name])
[name]Sabrina[/name]
[name]Siri[/name]

Sadly, both [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Aveline[/name] have been nixed by DH. :frowning:
Middle name is not set yet, and we are open to further suggestions for the first name! Thank you so much for your help!

[name]Edit[/name]: for those who don’t know, our last name sounds very much like “Kick”.

I like [name]Norah[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] “Kick”. I do prefer the spelling [name]Nora[/name], though. The “h” at the end always overwhelms me! This way, you get in your favorite name and a family name. Good luck!

[name]Clementine[/name]: I absolutely love the name [name]Clementine[/name], and love the whimsical feel of [name]Clementine[/name] Kick. :slight_smile:
[name]Amelie[/name]: I think it’s very pretty…
[name]Corrina[/name] nn [name]Cora[/name]: I like [name]Clementine[/name] better than [name]Corinna[/name], but I love [name]Cora[/name] (not so much with Kick, though). You may also like [name]Cordelia[/name] Kick.
[name]Cosette[/name] nn Cosi: I think it’s very pretty, but [name]Cosette[/name] Kick sounds a bit blunt to me.
[name]Hazel[/name]: I love this name, too.
[name]Norah[/name] (after my G-Grandmother [name]Elinor[/name]): With Kick, [name]Nora[/name] sounds like a sentence fragment to me, because I think of “nor a kick,” as in “neither a punch nor a kick.” I love [name]Elinor[/name], though! :slight_smile:
[name]Sabrina[/name]: I think it works well with Kick…
[name]Siri[/name]: I think this may be confused with [name]Suri[/name], as in [name]Suri[/name] [name]Cruise[/name].

From your list, my favorite is [name]Clementine[/name], but also love [name]Amelie[/name] ([name]Amelia[/name], too) and [name]Hazel[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Corrina[/name] nn [name]Cora[/name]

Another vote for [name]Norah[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] – so pretty! And I love [name]Norah[/name] spelled with the “h” – I think it softens it up somehow.

I also really like [name]Amelie[/name] from your list. If you like “[name]Cora[/name]” I would just use that as the first name and not [name]Corinna[/name] (I’m just not a fan of this name). I think [name]Cora[/name] on its own is strong and pretty.

Thanks for the suggestion of [name]Norah[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]! I think this is really pretty! [name]Norah[/name], [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Sabrina[/name] were definitely at the top of my list, so this combo brings in 2 of my 3 names!

I think we’ll keep the ‘h’ at the end of [name]Norah[/name] to visually balance out our short last name.

Thanks for your help so far! If anyone has any other suggestions, we’re open to them! This is the fun part of finding a name - looking at many different options!

For some reason, I think that the first name should be longer with the last name Kick (or its rhyme), at least three syllables. [name]Amelie[/name] Kick has a good sound, but I don’t care for [name]Amelie[/name] or its nicknames. [name]Clementine[/name] Kick, too, has a nice, whimsical sound, but I don’t honestly like it as a first name.

I would suggest to you the name [name]Sarina[/name]. It is a Hebrew variant of [name]Sarah[/name] that also means “princess,” and I think it beautifully combines the modern elegance of [name]Sabrina[/name] with the sassy sweetness of [name]Siri[/name]. I love [name]Sarina[/name] much more than [name]Sabrina[/name] and [name]Siri[/name], personally, and the nickname [name]Sari[/name] is very cute!

My vote is [name]Sarina[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] “Kick”, which combines this great name with your favorite, [name]Clementine[/name]!

(I apologize if you weren’t looking for suggestions - I just couldn’t resist!) Best wishes to you and your family!

For some reason, I think that the first name should be longer with the last name Kick (or its rhyme), at least three syllables. [name]Amelie[/name] Kick has a good sound, but I don’t care for [name]Amelie[/name] or its nicknames. [name]Clementine[/name] Kick, too, has a nice, whimsical sound, but I don’t honestly like it as a first name.

I would suggest to you the name [name]Sarina[/name]. It is a Hebrew variant of [name]Sarah[/name] that also means “princess,” and I think it beautifully combines the modern elegance of [name]Sabrina[/name] with the sassy sweetness of [name]Siri[/name]. I love [name]Sarina[/name] much more than [name]Sabrina[/name] and [name]Siri[/name], personally, and the nickname [name]Sari[/name] is very cute!

My vote is [name]Sarina[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] “Kick”, which combines this great name with your favorite, [name]Clementine[/name]!

(I apologize if you weren’t looking for suggestions - I just couldn’t resist!) Best wishes to you and your family![/quote]

[name]Lemon[/name],

Thanks for the suggestions! We’re definitely trying on new names at this point!

[name]Sarina[/name] is beautiful! [name]Sarah[/name] is not an option (DH’s ex girlfriend!), but [name]Sarina[/name] would be a great alternative! I’ll run this one past him. He hasn’t been too keen on [name]Sabrina[/name], but I’ve been able to convince him that he could call her [name]Bree[/name] for short. [name]Sarina[/name] may be more well received!

(I apologize if you weren’t looking for suggestions - I just couldn’t resist!) Best wishes to you and your family![/quote]

[name]Lemon[/name],

Thanks for the suggestions! We’re definitely trying on new names at this point!

[name]Sarina[/name] is beautiful! [name]Sarah[/name] is not an option (DH’s ex girlfriend!), but [name]Sarina[/name] would be a great alternative! I’ll run this one past him. He hasn’t been too keen on [name]Sabrina[/name], but I’ve been able to convince him that he could call her [name]Bree[/name] for short. [name]Sarina[/name] may be more well received![/quote]

I’m glad you like, and I hope your husband does, too. I must admit, I have recently discovered this name while working on another poster’s naming dilemma, and I really like it. My sister’s name is [name]Sarah[/name], and it is just different enough for me! I must agree with your husband on [name]Sabrina[/name] - it reminds me of [name]Sabrina[/name] the Teenage Witch and honestly sounds a little, I don’t know, tacky? I am so sorry! But, [name]Sarina[/name] seems elegant and feminine, while still being sophisticated. Best of luck, and congratulations on your baby!

Haha! [name]Don[/name]'t apologize for not liking [name]Sabrina[/name]! That’s the fun of these sites - everyone has their own tastes and opinions, and that’s why I throw my ideas out here! I have never watched [name]Sabrina[/name] the Teenage Witch or been a part of that following, so the association just isn’t there for me! I think of the poem “[name]Sabrina[/name] Fair”, [name]Audrey[/name] Hepburn and [name]Julia[/name] [name]Ormond[/name]!

So, I was thinking more about your husband liking [name]Erin[/name] and the fact that I personally think a three-syllable name sounds best with your last name, and I thought of one I hadn’t remembered in a while!

When I was in third grade, I had a very close friend whose name was [name]Erina[/name], pronounced basically like it looks. ("air-EE-nuh or uh-[name]REE[/name]-nuh, not [name]Erin[/name]-uh) [name]Erina[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] “Kick” would be pretty!

Or, the name [name]Erin[/name] means “[name]Ireland[/name],” so the names Irela or [name]Ireland[/name] would be cute! Finally, [name]Erela[/name] is a Hebrew name meaning “[name]Angel[/name]” and then there is always [name]Erica[/name], but I don’t think this works as well with “Kick”. Best of luck!

[name]Lemon[/name],

Thank you so much for your help! Unfortunately, I don’t think that DH will actually go for any of those names. The appealing part of [name]Erin[/name] in his mind is that it is a normal, common name. His other favorites are [name]Emily[/name], [name]Shannon[/name], [name]Jennifer[/name]. [name]Even[/name] names that are common for little girls now are “weird” to him because he has never met anyone by these names. It has been huge that he has agreed to talk about some of the names on the list above!!

Thanks again to everyone for the help! I will continue searching out names and come back for more opinions!

Oh, wow, that must be tough since you seem to like names that have a fresher, more modern feel or names that have a cool vintage touch! He seems to like popular names of the 1990s.

You probably don’t want more, but I thought I’d mention some that he might like (hopefully you, too!):

[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Samantha[/name]
[name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Alexis[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Marissa[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Vanessa[/name]
[name]Savannah[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Bethany[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Joanna[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]

Now, I understand that some (if not most) of these names may be a bit boring for your taste, but they may appeal to your husband. You could use a different name for the middle. That being said, names like [name]Samantha[/name], [name]Marissa[/name], [name]Julia[/name], [name]Vanessa[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Joanna[/name], [name]Isabel[/name], [name]Meredith[/name], and [name]Cecilia[/name] seem to combine feminine class, modern sophistication, and vintage charm (for some more than others, of course). Best of luck!

Wow! You must have a sixth sense. I love [name]Vanessa[/name], [name]Bethany[/name], [name]Savannah[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name], but these are my name, my sisters’ names and my nieces name!

[name]Rachel[/name] is one we have talked about in the past, but have forgotten about. Perhaps we should revisit…

I also like [name]Joanna[/name]. That’s not one I’ve given much thought to.

Thanks for the suggestions, once again!

What about:

[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Alison[/name]
[name]Serena[/name]
[name]Lena[/name]
[name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Mara[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name]
[name]Jessica[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Kira[/name]/[name]Ciara[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Selena[/name]
[name]Maria[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]

All your names are wonderful except Cosi i really don’t like that at all.

Irisrose - thanks for the list! [name]Alison[/name] is definitely on our long list. I also like [name]Cora[/name]. It’s on our short list!

Merlyp - Thanks for the input! I have LOVED the name [name]Cosette[/name] for a long time, but as someone recently pointed out (in this thread), it sounds kind of abrupt with our last name, so Cosi is probably out…

"Wow! You must have a sixth sense. I love [name]Vanessa[/name], [name]Bethany[/name], [name]Savannah[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name], but these are my name, my sisters’ names and my nieces name!

[name]Rachel[/name] is one we have talked about in the past, but have forgotten about. Perhaps we should revisit…

I also like [name]Joanna[/name]. That’s not one I’ve given much thought to.

Thanks for the suggestions, once again!"

Wow, that is weird! I bet I can guess your niece’s name out of that set, too…haha.

Anyway, [name]Rachel[/name] is cute, but I actually prefer [name]Joanna[/name] - I’m glad you like it! I think [name]Joanna[/name] is more uncommon, and it is fitting for a young child, teenager, young adult, and sophisticated woman. I know someone who is about 20 with the name and it suits her perfectly! I think you could use the nicknames [name]Jo[/name], [name]JoJo[/name], [name]Anna[/name], or even [name]Annie[/name] with it - all cute and spunky in their own right.

Again, best of luck!

DH mentioned last night that he is considering [name]Cosette[/name] (what!?!?). I am thrilled to discuss this name as a viable option, even though I agree that it may sound a bit harsh with our last name. I’m hoping that the femininity of the name balances the harsh sounds. If we go with [name]Cosette[/name], she will be called Cosi (Cozy) as a nickname. What do you think of the following combinations?

[name]Cosette[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Cosette[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Cosette[/name] [name]Amelie[/name]

I’m going to be honest and say I’m not at all thrilled with how [name]Cosette[/name] sounds with your last name, and I see that you have mentioned this. Furthermore, Cosi reminds me of COSI - Center of [name]Science[/name] and Industry - and “Cozy” Kick sounds really silly to me. I’m terribly sorry! I think that with the way it sounds, [name]Cosette[/name] would be best suited for a middle name. I remember you saying you liked [name]Joanna[/name]. Well, [name]Joanna[/name] [name]Cosette[/name] Kick is really cute, and, if you must, you could use Cosi (this REALLY looks like ‘coh-sigh’ to me!) as a sort of family nickname. What do you think?

If you decide [name]Cosette[/name] really is the name for you, I think something like [name]Cosette[/name] [name]Angeline[/name] Kick, [name]Cosette[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] Kick, [name]Cosette[/name] [name]Francine[/name] Kick, [name]Cosette[/name] [name]Helene[/name] Kick, [name]Cosette[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] Kick, [name]Cosette[/name] [name]Natalie[/name] Kick, [name]Cosette[/name] [name]Simone[/name] Kick, or [name]Cosette[/name] [name]Vivien[/name] Kick might work - then again, I think MOST of those sound best switched around with [name]Cosette[/name] as the middle name! I’m sorry, this is a tough one!

Good luck, amaryllis!